Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Maybe ubisoft should have talked about it!
participants are under a full NDA lmao

Yves :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

It's a shame about Battle Royale cuz pubg is really fun but it's so janky. And now it's pretty much filled with cheaters. If someone would make pubg on an engine that doesn't suck that would be great.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

for the record nichael if I actually were ik of this thread you would've been my first victim for this

order up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nichael i just wanted the rest of the forums to see that post lol, sorry if anyone gets weird about it

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

alarumklok posted:

try holding down the jump button

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Al! posted:

nichael i just wanted the rest of the forums to see that post lol, sorry if anyone gets weird about it

thank you it was a great post I wouldn't have seen otherwise

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

i can’t believe you’ve done this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

that mmo they made extracted your gpu from its pc tower

yeah lol it killed brand new 4090s

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1674122165526974473?t=I86LqiocoRF0l5WsgaIJ_A&s=19

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Mr Hootington posted:

The loot management is half the fun of a good extraction shooter.

The division loot extraction game has been Mia since announcement.

Ehhh, I don't wanna be doing STALKER Gamma levels of inventory management during a PVP game, but I do like the idea of grabbing a bunch of stuff and trying to protect the swag I collected from other players.

Speaking of GAMMA, beat the main storyline. Had a decent time overall, but I'm still not sure what was accomplished by them going all in on making it so you have to scavenge parts to fix up weapons when you still need purchased weapon kits from vendors to do it, especially when those kits are gated behind your ability to find the randomly generated tool kits. At least artifacts were somewhat useful now.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

im very for the people who pay 600-700 dollars to play call of duty

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'd say this is sad but I have over 1,100 hours in pathfinder so who am I to judge

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

I'd say this is sad but I have over 1,100 hours in pathfinder so who am I to judge

What in the heck? I didn't get that high even if you put King Maker and Wrath of the Righteous together.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

What in the heck? I didn't get that high even if you put King Maker and Wrath of the Righteous together.

I love crpgs

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

also for clarity - I've full playthroughs of every path but Legend, which I'm saving for the end of the DLC additions

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Mr Hootington posted:

The loot management is half the fun of a good extraction shooter.

The division loot extraction game has been Mia since announcement.

so like… a game that’s just the dark zone?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hunt: Showdown is the only extraction shooter worth a drat but thankfully its very good

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

what is a pvpve extraction shooter

It's a roguelike deck builder

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

They absolutely will lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!

turn off the TV posted:

lol this completely misses the essence of what extraction shooters are.

an extraction shooter is just the latest iteration of the exact same dogshit fad chasing that resulted in five million dead battle royale games. they've got a different name and a slightly different coat of paint but they're trying to break into the same market and are equally uninspired attempts at creating some new always online gaas trash that publishers hope will become the next fortnite. they just haven't accepted that the gaas battle royale genre is already at capacity yet like they did with mmos and mobas, but I'm sure that as soon as the next actually original and popular game comes out nobody will ever make an extraction shooter again

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Tarkov is one of the least fun games I have ever played

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
most shooters are extraction shooters in that the publishers have the objective of extracting as much money as they can from ur bank account

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

also none have been good since battlefield 2.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!
tarkov is great if you have the mindset for it (unquenchable need to cause others real and enduring harm) and for that reason i love it

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Steam has lost Run On Startup provileges after the last 2 times I booted my PC I was greeted by giant ads for Brotato.

Why doesn’t it just launch to the task bar like usual? Was it a bug? Either way u hosed up gaben ur done!!

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XaVVGLLts

This is a fascinating video about a solo indie developer who has been quietly churning out a ton of very idiosyncratic games.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

cool av posted:

Steam has lost Run On Startup provileges after the last 2 times I booted my PC I was greeted by giant ads for Brotato.

Why doesn’t it just launch to the task bar like usual? Was it a bug? Either way u hosed up gaben ur done!!

wrap it up gabailures!

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

cool av posted:

There is a command line option or something to make it start minimized, at least for the time being

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

...Nichael

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why do people like call of duty so much ?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Heedin the fuckin call of duty

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Not me though, cod is crap

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

because the multiplayer is often fun and if you have gamer friends there's a strong likelihood someone plays too

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Steam always wants me to update it but it never seems to follow through when I tell it to.

Yeah yeah, request that I install the June 12 update for the 8th startup in a row.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

euphronius posted:

fun to shoot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

euphronius posted:

you got that new duty bro?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one of my workmate’s son was like a professional COD player
it was weird

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

euphronius posted:

neoliberalism dictates that the greatest possible contribution to society someone else can do is being Called To Duty so people are acting out their capitalist indoctrination by consuming a product rather than perform any actual duty

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

mgs v chat: skulls suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Nichael posted:

Minor Zelda quest spoilers, so avoid this if you don't want to read that.

The new Zelda has a quest where the only solution as far as I can tell is to get thrown in jail. And then the only way to get thrown in jail is by creeping on the morning class of Gerudo children three times in a row. Eventually, the teacher calls the guards on you.

Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong regarding that being the only solution? Because it's a little :yikes:.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whats wrong with your brain