Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
okay that was a cool new story beat to bring us back in, even though i feel like the story has fell kinda flat since witch queen. everyone immediately went "oh yeah duh savathun needs to come back after everything we learned" so putting that much time between that and the reveal of her being necessary seems... dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Anyone had a go at the Moon battleground GM yet? This looks like an unholy nightmare of a boss room, easily worse than last season's Mars GM. Hive lightbearers are suspendable, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hot drat, the last two weeks of story have been That Good poo poo.

muike posted:

okay that was a cool new story beat to bring us back in, even though i feel like the story has fell kinda flat since witch queen. everyone immediately went "oh yeah duh savathun needs to come back after everything we learned" so putting that much time between that and the reveal of her being necessary seems... dumb

I don't think the characters would've accepted it being necessary to revive her without all the poo poo that's happened between Witch Queen and now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

muike posted:

I mean, as a player, it was chekov's sassy alien lady, but literally everyone in universe, there was absolutely no good reason to have her come back before now, when it's our only lead.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I’m not the only one who thought the Iron War Beasts were going to be actual War Beasts right? Like they are Cabal wolves basically. Rewarding Centurions with extra rations sounded odd.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

a bunch of them were napping at the iron temple when you gathered the remains of felwinter's ghost, it was extremely :kimchi:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Savathun again? Is nobody else capable of handling anything without her at this point?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Savathun again? Is nobody else capable of handling anything without her at this point?

There's new info that seems to suggest Bungie intended for Strand to be introduced with Witch Queen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mill Village posted:

There's new info that seems to suggest Bungie intended for Strand to be introduced with Witch Queen.

new info?

people have been saying this since Lightfall dropped. Or before.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Mill Village posted:

Cutting the second darkness subclass for WQ and doing Weapon Crafting instead was expressly the reason they delayed WQ. They talked about it in the Lightfall Vidoc how they had to go back to the drawing board during the WQ dev cycle.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

MJeff posted:

Hot drat, the last two weeks of story have been That Good poo poo.

Are you sure?

like are you absolutely certain?

i don't mean to question your taste or anything but uh....

Shockeh posted:

Bungie is all out of ideas.

Honestly, the entirety of lightfall up until this point should have been a part of witch queen. absolutely zero new ground has been tread narratively to justify this loving circle we've gone in.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

???

do you just not understand how stories work?

Like, did you think the part where Immaru got away (and was seemingly pulled away by the traveler) was just completely irrelevant and would never be followed up on?

e: Like, it was the immediate point of speculation at the end of WQ of "oh, we're gonna need to rez her at some desperate moment to help us defeat the witness"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They reintroduced asher mir so they could have him say “savathun, again??”

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"Somehow, Savathun returned"

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

RBX posted:

Reading this in all the different characters voices.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Panderfringe posted:

Are you sure?

Hold on, lemme check.

Yeah, I still like it. :flip:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Lol at being grumpy Savathun is part of the story, like would you prefer more new bit part characters? Like yeah, let's forget Savathun, make a new Failsafe/Nimbus/Fynch every time a new story beat happens, that's a good idea lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith posted:

their gimmick is to constantly complain about how bad or low-effort everything is while continuing to buy and play every expansion

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The joke was right there, I couldn't resist!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Reiterpallasch posted:

Anyone had a go at the Moon battleground GM yet? This looks like an unholy nightmare of a boss room, easily worse than last season's Mars GM. Hive lightbearers are suspendable, right?

okay, that wasn't too bad, but jesus christ bring a void hunter with omni

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RBX posted:

So let's get to taking out her command one by one.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

We're going to get juked. It wont be Savathun, it'll be her taller, green, mustache wearing brother Luigithun

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

Are you sure?

Honestly, the entirety of lightfall up until this point should have been a part of witch queen. absolutely zero new ground has been tread narratively to justify this loving circle we've gone in.

dude for real can you go post in a thread for a game you actually play instead

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The biggest Chekov's gun getting used, on one of the more consistently well-written and well-acted characters? Why I never!

RocketRaygun posted:

We're going to get juked. It wont be Savathun, it'll be her taller, green, mustache wearing brother Luigithun

Savathun, but voiced by Nolan North.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RocketRaygun posted:

Somehow Oryx returned

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

dont look at the bottom of the ocean

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Savathun coming back is cool. Hopefully she gets to hang out at the HELM and we’re given the option to take her out on a date.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I would play the game again if Bungie patched in bits and pieces of the Titan on Titan.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Add Savathun to the tower and a tracker for how many times we pet her

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
We should only bring back Savathun if she greets us with "Oh Guardian of mine" every time we talk to her :colbert:.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Question:
Bosses are big. Now, this is because it is cool and it makes it more interesting/easier for multiple players to combat them. Game mechanics.

Well… but for fallen, it has something to do with more rations make bigger guys right? Kinda like earth musclemen. Also, if you are a leader for any reason, you get to be big.

If in the destiny universe, big = literally powerful. So: shouldn’t at least Mara Sov be like 12ft tall? What about Zavala or Saint? Hell, shouldn’t the player guardian be kneeling to look into the tower at this point?

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

"Grow bigger with power" seems to be a genetic trait robots, humans and radioactive humans lack that the other alien races have.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Fukkn worthless traveler bullshit magic

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
By that rule veteran players should be colossal yeah

Maybe we got exempted because we rejected the sword logic after killing Oryx

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I dunno the big robots seem to be more powerful than the small ones in general but yeah humans dont do that

Whats funny is that this is common shorthand across games for like, forever. I used to play Asheron's Call and the kobold-equivalent race (drudges) were notably bigger in the level 60 area than the starter area

I was sort of disappointed in the capstone story mission, to be honest. Seemed a little easier than I expected but then again I'm also pinnacle capped for the first time in forever so that probably mattered some.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lesse.

Fallen = I think you just get bigger the more ether you consume? Does that mean Riis in its golden age was just a planet of gigantic motherfuckers?
Vex = Bigger chasis = room for more radiolaria = more complex = purple does more damage.
Hive = More Sword Logic = MORE CHITIN. Every time you do some good sword logicing, they slap some MORE CHITIN on ya. Also I think it's canon that Ogres are super engorged Thralls that go through some kinda ritual.
Cabal = Presumably some cabal just get that big when they have good genetics? Psions are a totally different race though so who know why those guys get huge.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cabal = grow fat from strength

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MJeff posted:

Lesse.

Fallen = I think you just get bigger the more ether you consume? Does that mean Riis in its golden age was just a planet of gigantic motherfuckers?

There was a bit of Eido monologue in S14 where she said all Eliksni should look like Captains, and anyone who doesn’t is either a child or stunted from ether starvation. Five glimmer a day could feed the dregs you’re testing guns on in the EDZ.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Something like fallen will cut off their second set of arms just to prove they can regrow them due to the better ether supply they have? Although I'm not sure if that's true or propaganda, because the captains tend to dock arms for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lexorin posted:

"Grow bigger with power" seems to be a genetic trait robots, humans and radioactive humans lack that the other alien races have.

"Grow fat with strength" I wheeze as I slam another package of oreos