Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Most of these gms of poo poo teams are worried they'll get fired before Michkov comes over so that's probably half of it too.

"A hockey team grows great when old men draft players whose play they shall never profit from"

Wayne gretzky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

please do not try and make the players have personalities it's so bad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

clean ayers act posted:

yeah its generally always true that GMS will make moves that are best for them and their job security and not the team. the only exceptions are new guys who have permission to tear it down to the studs and franchise legends

Yeah like Detroit seems like a good fit for Michkov because of that. Yzerman isn't going anywhere.

If you look at safe gms who might be willing to take that gamble I might put Philly or San Jose in that bucket as well since they both have newer gms

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Just a reminder that Chicago shouldn't be picking today

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wonder if we're gonna see some new jerseys tonight

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I wonder if we're gonna see some new jerseys tonight

Anaheim is supposedly debuting one

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If this doesn't precede each pick, ESPN is doing it wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFAlTe6F-Q

I'm waiting with bated breath until pick #3, then will probably have the rest as background noise while playing Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic or taking a walk or something.

ThinkTank posted:

Just a reminder that Chicago shouldn't be picking today

Yes, I agree their draft pick condition for the 2023 or 2024 Draft should have been rescinded so that Columbus could defer to this year and have picks 1 and 3.

e- High quality OP, ThinkTank. :golfclap: The Boy For Sale GIF is inspired.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I will not be calling it "Smashville" thank you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Anaheim is supposedly debuting one

that should be fun
I like their kits for the most part, the orange is fun but they haven't really seemed to find a look that's "theirs" apart from that asymmetrical stripe
the D logo and side stripes don't really do it for me, and the wordmark they had after the mask was lazy as hell

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

My issue is the geopolitics of it all. I find it highly unlikely Russia will let the star youngster of their highest profile team join the NHL without a fight. I would expect they'll demand a hefty transfer fee at least, and who knows if it'll be permissible to wire $20m to the Russian government then.

Technically it would be sending money to Gazprom as owners of SKA St. Petersburg to buy him out of his contract but that's also probably illegal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

(clears throat)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jon Irenicus posted:

I will not be calling it "Smashville" thank you

But that's the law! It's catchy! It's Nashville! Everybody loves Nashville for its one street with honky tonk bars and

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Chicago

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:lol: Gary brings David Poile out as Boo repellant.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
If youre not getting askarov dont even think about trading that pick Hughes

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

pseudodragon posted:

Technically it would be sending money to Gazprom as owners of SKA St. Petersburg to buy him out of his contract but that's also probably illegal.

Gazprom is defacto owns by Putin and has been delisted from pretty much all markets outside Russia.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good job on the booing Nashville

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I hope chicago trades their pick for the corpse of Travis Moen

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Everyone is mad at chiaco for no reason

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

stab posted:

If youre not getting askarov dont even think about trading that pick Hughes

Do not trade the 5th overall pick for a goalie.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

FootballFreak2 posted:

Everyone is mad at chiaco for no reason

Tbh I think they're mad about the rape cover-up

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

clean ayers act posted:

yeah its generally always true that GMS will make moves that are best for them and their job security and not the team. the only exceptions are new guys who have permission to tear it down to the studs and franchise legends

Steve Yzerman, who is both

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1674184150603948032

:ohdear:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Shut up, Gary

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'll make an offseason thread tomorrow.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Cool guitar

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

enjoy this $3000 guitar

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

enjoy this $3000 guitar

I hope Poile plays a wicked riff and walks off stage

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

I do not care about the predators

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

fartknocker posted:

Shut up, Gary

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bettman is a midget

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol "you can do better than that"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope the old dilapidated United Center collapses with Bettman present

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I have genuine appreciation for Gary embracing the heel role. :golfclap:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

ThinkTank posted:

Do not trade the 5th overall pick for a goalie.

Hey worked out pretty good the last time the Habs took a goalie at 5

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wonder if the kid has the chutzpah to actually wear 98 in the league

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Pick Matvei

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Pick Matvei

:yeah:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hey instead of talking about why Chicago shouldn't be picking let's watch that incredibly staged viral video made to rehabilitate their image! Fun!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Hey, they used the draft sound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Kyle Davidson, in a viral video saying he never played pro hockey in the afternoon

Kyle Davidson, taller than Gary Bettman at night