Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many guilty counts at trial in december for trump?
This poll is closed.
complete and total exoneration 94 21.12%
6.9 48 10.79%
420 63 14.16%
Goku 240 53.93%
Total: 445 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

"check 1, 2" is something a sound guy would say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

PostNouveau posted:

I'm so confused

ok the sound guy goes through the drum mics, usually 5 or 6 of them. Then the bass guitar, then the guitar(s), and the trick is to get the stage monitor volumes right, and also of course the house volumes and the mics on the amps. Then they move to the microphones for vocalists, and the vocalists stand at the mic and go "Check, check, check one two three" or something like that.

As a vocalist it is important to go through the mic check with a voice very similar to the voice you're actually going to sing with, because the other members of the ensemble need to be able to hear you in their monitors, but not too much.

Harton let me know and I can get more details from my kids.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shoeonhead reappears with a brutal line

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

tacodaemon posted:

maybe some of those states that have Dems in control that are actually doing something with their power (Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylania) should consider abolishing the word "sheriff" for their counties

I would be in favor of that

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lpzie posted:

how come everyone in this thread is always high yet I never see anyone laughing at anything... ???

I'm not high you're high

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Lpzie posted:

how come everyone in this thread is always high yet I never see anyone laughing at anything... ???

lpzie it may not be obvious but i am almost always lmaoing it is very uncomfortable some times

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

petit choux posted:

I'm not high you're high

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

the milk machine posted:

lpzie it may not be obvious but i am almost always lmaoing it is very uncomfortable some times

one of the issues with reading this thread in a basically public place is seeming like an insane idiot laughing, and god forbid you have to show somebody what you're laughing at

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

activist judges!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lpzie posted:

It's a text forum, you can't see the other people

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lpzie posted:

bunch of cops in here, honey pot..... all trying to entrapment me...

Just relax, have some nice tea lpz

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

petit choux posted:

I'm not high you're high

that's right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tmd61U-bBI

Another banger

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Spaced God posted:

someone talk me into djing instead of playing that battlebit game for a few hours

No, you do whichever is gonna make you happy. Just remember to save in either case.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

tacodaemon posted:

maybe someday this whole truck-covered-in-flags thing will be something everyone looks back on and winces, like nü metal or whatever

the one saving grace of current production american trucks is the beds are too small to mount a light machine gun to and have a guy sit back there at the same time

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the funny thing about crazy terf lady is that she thinks she's going to be a viral sensation and grifter with this stunt or some poo poo, when people have done way more headass poo poo for way less attention and she's already fading because psychotic terfs are a dime a dozen

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

ok the sound guy goes through the drum mics, usually 5 or 6 of them. Then the bass guitar, then the guitar(s), and the trick is to get the stage monitor volumes right, and also of course the house volumes and the mics on the amps. Then they move to the microphones for vocalists, and the vocalists stand at the mic and go "Check, check, check one two three" or something like that.

As a vocalist it is important to go through the mic check with a voice very similar to the voice you're actually going to sing with, because the other members of the ensemble need to be able to hear you in their monitors, but not too much.

Harton let me know and I can get more details from my kids.

yeah the band always plays quiet as gently caress
during soundcheck and then when they actually start playing its gotta all be brought down.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

petit choux posted:

I'm not high you're high

i haven't smoked up yet but i been breathing wildfire smoke all day and that poo poo got me feeling different

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

the milk machine posted:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

the milk machine posted:

I never thought id say this but this post actually makes me interested in seeing suicide squad

Right on

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

PostNouveau posted:

It is numbers, like a mic check

check 1 2

It is extremely stupid

god loving dammit that's so bad

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Beeftweeter posted:

"check 1, 2" is something a sound guy would say

why would they say that it doesn't make any sense, but I'm sure they say lots of things I guess

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
just kidding, my favorite sound guy thing is going "ch ch ch ch ch" and "puh puh puh puh puh"

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the milk machine posted:

yeah, like when you try to act like my bit about your mom being a sea beast isn't hilarious

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Schmoe Cwead posted:

i can sort of see the concern and ideally he would be in charge of a niche section of dc that allows him to just go nuts kinda like he did with guardians but with less oversight. he is the head honcho at dc now so there isnt anyone telling him to tone it down anymore and his suicide squad is about as close as someone has come to making a mainstream troma inspired superhero movie so who knows guess we will see what happens

all i've known about that flick is the meme that its really bad, but i saw the scene where Harley proves her love for DA JOKER BABY and it was the most intensely weird shlock and oddly beautiful lol

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Harton posted:

yeah the band always plays quiet as gently caress
during soundcheck and then when they actually start playing its gotta all be brought down.

I ran the boards at church when I was a kid a couple times and DONT DO THIS YOU WILL SOUND LIKE poo poo FOR A WHILE

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Uhhh can I get this up in my monitor? Uhhh maybe you should have thought of that before?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
That's been my 20 year old gripe, sorry all

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

UFOTacoMan posted:

just kidding, my favorite sound guy thing is going "ch ch ch ch ch" and "puh puh puh puh puh"

if they say that whilst look in the distance and go 👍👍👍👎👎👎👍👍👎👌👌 then buddy thats a genuine sound guy in his element

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
24 year old gripe Jesus Christ

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/crybabybuick/status/1673403684582207489?s=20

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

smarxist posted:

all i've known about that flick is the meme that its really bad, but i saw the scene where Harley proves her love for DA JOKER BABY and it was the most intensely weird shlock and oddly beautiful lol

I think they are talking about the newer one, which was fine but nothing special

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyZHXoOKYW4

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

tacodaemon posted:

maybe someday this whole truck-covered-in-flags thing will be something everyone looks back on and winces, like nü metal or whatever

kinda wild Christians just made their own flag

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

turn on your monitor

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

TracerBullet posted:

TRIP REPORT: I am significantly more high and terrifying the birthday boy sitting next to me by eating unshelled peanuts whole

hell yeah baseball owns

what team are you watching

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HCTrudo/status/1674226984510017538?s=20

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the milk machine posted:

hell yeah baseball owns

what team are you watching

the Marlins

ur mom's the mascot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This will work in a democratic primary lol