Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

My boss has gotten outright terrible at communicating pretty much anything lately, either she’ll just not say anything and all of the sudden I’m not supposed to do something anymore, or she’ll say do this and then one of our team leads starts doing it another way, and when I go “hey wtf” so goes meh idk sure whatever. Like, you’re the manager, don’t let him tell you how to do things. Also this team lead has ceased communicating with myself and other team members outside of thumbs up reacting our messages and just kinda does whatever the gently caress he wants, we have a big problem of him overreaching and doing our daily tasks instead of higher level team-lead poo poo which I’ve told her about, and she doesn’t do anything. So I’ve just started watching him mow down our case load with an obsessive fervor while I read news articles all day. I’ve voiced my concerns, gently caress it :shrug:

I don’t really understand people that count down the years since someone’s died, especially just a random rear end year like 14. I literally have my brother’s birth and death dates tattooed on me and I couldn’t tell you how many years it’s been because it’s dark and I can’t read it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

It's 10 days after fathers day also people grieve different

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ugh, ran out of sambal just in time to find out there's an ongoing shortage and it's hard to get any

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

Ugh, ran out of sambal just in time to find out there's an ongoing shortage and it's hard to get any

I bought a different kind - it had a purple cap on the jar - at the local 99 and it didn't hit the spot in spiciness but was a nice alternative I doubt I ever would've tried normally. It had a lot of lemongrass in it.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 29, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I bought a different kind at the local 99 and it didn't hit the spot in spiciness but was a nice alternative I doubt I ever would've tried normally.

I didn't find any at the four places I tried tonight, I'll try the asian market tomorrow and see what they have. It was closed by the time I went out

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Anyone got any ideas for a stay at home logistics guy? 15 years of running million dollar warehouses but can’t really be there to you know point at stuff

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 29, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My airbnb is booked out for the next 6 months but we also do long term stays and offer discounts the longer you stay. Also free soap and toilet paper!!

e: i'm just the housing manager, i'm not a landlord

i'm..i'm a good person. i swear. :ohdear:
My grandparents had a second house at Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Then they passed away and it became a rental unit run by the family.

Basically it is mostly a rental unit all year round (and with not much action in winter because Wisconsin, like there's a ski hill nearby but eehhh) but it did get rented out for a year during the height of Covid when people wanted to get away from it all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a sexual elk posted:

Anyone got any ideas for a stay at home logistics guy? 15 years of running million dollar warehouses but can’t really be there to you know point at stuff

Behold my artistry

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a sexual elk posted:

Can you get into shipping logistics? Not the same thing, but since it’s mostly phone and computer based, you could maybe WFH. Just a guess.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a sexual elk posted:

Teach it?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

good morning gentlemen

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/1673798355925778433?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

part of me is like aww that's nice

but a way larger part of me thinks man we treat animals like absolute poo poo :(

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a sexual elk posted:

Some sort of logistics analytics and/or process optimization. You may have to go walk some floors occasionally but should be able to do the bulk of that from your basement.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

It's now that chimp's duty to head back to the cavelab and tell the others what the real sky is like.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
At least chimp research was banned in the US in 2015, not that that would help a chimp elsewhere.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Any in the SF area know how BART is these days? I only ask because the CTA in Chicago has gotten real lovely after COVID. Wife and I are flying in to SFO, but heading up to Oakland for Mosswood Meltdown, and I'd rather ride the BART than take a cab all the way up.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

One time I was in SF and I found that I could make better time on a bicycle than on transit.

In other words, BART was worse than my bike.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

what new horrors does the supreme court have for us today

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1674418902787563526

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

One time I was in SF and I found that I could make better time on a bicycle than on transit.

That was true for most of my time in Chicago as well, mostly because of lost time walking and waiting for the L.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

They got their week of "wow the chastened court has moderated itself!" news articles, so it's time for the cool zone.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Maybe it was because we come from a land of no public transport to speak of but I thought the buses in SF were fine. We used Uber to get back and forth to Oakland though.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

part of me is like aww that's nice

but a way larger part of me thinks man we treat animals like absolute poo poo :(

Yeah the only thing I can think is Humans Are Monsters

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bird in a Blender posted:

Any in the SF area know how BART is these days? I only ask because the CTA in Chicago has gotten real lovely after COVID. Wife and I are flying in to SFO, but heading up to Oakland for Mosswood Meltdown, and I'd rather ride the BART than take a cab all the way up.

It has not really fully recovered from Covid, but as far as I know it is fine, at least during commuting hours. I have not used it in a few years but I have coworkers who use it to commute and they are still alive. Some of the stations are quite a bit worse than others. I am not too familiar with the area around that concert.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 29, 2023

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

The journey to overturning Brown vs Board of Education begins

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

That was true for most of my time in Chicago as well, mostly because of lost time walking and waiting for the L.

Braksgirl posted:

Maybe it was because we come from a land of no public transport to speak of but I thought the buses in SF were fine. We used Uber to get back and forth to Oakland though.

Bark worse than bite

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

Gotta protect the people that intimidate witnesses

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1674417716126699522?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Whelp, time to start harassing some Supreme Court justices I guess.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

7-2 lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

There isn’t much I can say about the conservative majority that won’t get me in trouble.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The crazy thing to me about the Affirmative Action case is that while it prevents race as a consideration, it also affirms that legacy, donor, "daddy's BFF is a Dean" admissions are perfectly fine. So this is not a ruling to enforce merit based admissions, just that POC can't participate.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

it's actually weirder that that. Schools are allowed to use individual lived experiences as admission criteria, just not race in general. Nearly every African-American has numerous examples of lived experiences of discrimination, so the main result of this may not be less minority admission, but a far more opaque admissions process.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Has admissions based on income been ruled out already? It's not perfect, but considering black and brown people are more likely to come from lower incomes, it would be a work around.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

There isn’t much I can say about the conservative majority that won’t get me in trouble.

Not according to today's ruling!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Has admissions based on income been ruled out already? It's not perfect, but considering black and brown people are more likely to come from lower incomes, it would be a work around.

I haven't looked it up, but off the top of my head financial status is protected in the sense that a school can't reject an applicant because they believe they cannot afford it. I am not sure if the wording of those protections also eliminate that consideration.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The good faith reason to oppose this is because it will be weaponized against people who just post guillotine pictures at Elon Musk or whatever.

The bad faith reason is because some (male, white person) can threaten you to his heart's extent and not have to bother about dealing with the law. I'm actually (as a dumb not-law knowing person) a bit divided on this one compared to other bullshit supreme court stuff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

The good faith reason to oppose this is because it will be weaponized against people who just post guillotine pictures at Elon Musk or whatever.

The bad faith reason is because some (male, white person) can threaten you to his heart's extent and not have to bother about dealing with the law. I'm actually (as a dumb not-law knowing person) a bit divided on this one compared to other bullshit supreme court stuff.

Yeah, the more I read about the case (not the actual situation its based on) the more I think this is probably not a bad thing. It still holds that online direct threats are actionable, but not rantings. And yes, I could see the police basically arresting anyone with ACAB or the gently caress the Police in their twitter bio if it went the other way.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That ruling seems so weird. The fact that Clarence Thomas and Amy Coney Barrett were the dissenting votes made me want to find more info.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/supreme-court-ruling-makes-it-harder-to-convict-someone-of-making-a-threat

This is specifically what they ruled on:

quote:

The question for the court was whether prosecutors must show that a person being prosecuted for making a threat knew their behavior was threatening or whether prosecutors just have to prove that a reasonable person would see it as threatening.

Justice Elena Kagan wrote for a majority of the court that prosecutors have to show that “the defendant had some subjective understanding of the threatening nature of his statements.”

“The State must show that the defendant consciously disregarded a substantial risk that his communications would be viewed as threatening violence,” she said.

I obviously have no legal knowledge, but this sounds like a more narrow ruling than how it's being portrayed in the WaPo article. The case is being sent back down to the lower courts because the supreme court is saying they didn't apply the correct legal standards in the original conviction. They have to demonstrate that the defendant was aware that his speech could be viewed as threatening, and they never did that. That's apparently especially problematic when the defense is using mental illness as a defense.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1674431232762081286

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/juegosnomas/status/1674426437741461515?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So they carved out an exception for military academies. So absurd.

https://twitter.com/MarkHertling/status/1674439905445924864