Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I like that yellow items arent totally useless in this - I mean 99% of them I still sell/salvage but in the last day I've had some pretty sweet finds including a really well rolled 2 Hand Mace with 814 Ilvl and great stats....Buffed it all up and now sitting around 9k unbuffed Attack power, 15k once I start hitting poo poo, mmm bigger numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snord
Mar 5, 2002

We hugged it out, but I was still a little angry.

Verviticus posted:

i only use two shouts (dont use warcry) and at 70 im totally fine in WT4

get more defensive aspects and enchants. helm, pants, armor should have total armor %, maybe amulet too. get disobedience and maybe the 20% on basic attacks one too

i have 7120 armor and 35% from the aspect, and if im gonna do something especially hard i'll pop a 200 or 400 armor pot

edit: this is on HC, so im both more careful than on SC and (obviously) i havent died yet

Yeah, this is the problem. The point of the build is to pop all shouts and spin to win, with no basic attacks. I’m looking for better defensive gear, which ironically needs better offense to farm.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Walked posted:

Ok. Finished campaign way over leveled from loving around in multiplayer (lv51 at finish)

Just finished the capstone and bumped to WT3

What should my priorities be from here?

Doing Helltides and whispers, especially Helltides, will set you up pretty well to bump in to WT4. You need a bunch of materials only found in helltides to do crafting stuff, so it's good to stock up on em early.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BoonyPC posted:

I like that yellow items arent totally useless in this - I mean 99% of them I still sell/salvage but in the last day I've had some pretty sweet finds including a really well rolled 2 Hand Mace with 814 Ilvl and great stats....Buffed it all up and now sitting around 9k unbuffed Attack power, 15k once I start hitting poo poo, mmm bigger numbers

Looking through the stats on every ancestral yellow gets old fast though. In D2 (with some narrow exceptions) and D3 you can stop picking up rares eventually, and town trips become much less common. D4 I have to comb through my inventory every dungeon or two.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Would desperately like a "highlight gear with the following stats *list of checkboxes*" and maybe a number on the gear to show how many matches. Maybe make one that has 4/4 have rainbow sparkles on it or some poo poo.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I think I'm missing something about codex aspects. I'm trying to imprint a codex aspect onto an ancestral item, and two surprising things happen:

1. the cost was elevated like 5-6x
  2. the roll is even below the bottom of the range it shows

I assume that codex aspects count as normal since this happens with normal aspects from the inventory, but is there any way to change this or are Codex aspects just not really useful on higher level items?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
lagged my dumb rear end into two helltide deaths then failed a nm dungeon. trying to push wt4 content at 63-65 has been a lot of fun but these lag deaths suck rear end. just let me kill things and make number go up... no not the ping number

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Dallan Invictus posted:

I think I'm missing something about codex aspects. I'm trying to imprint a codex aspect onto an ancestral item, and two surprising things happen:

I assume that codex aspects count as normal since this happens with normal aspects from the inventory, but is there any way to change this or are Codex aspects just not really useful on higher level items?

codex aspects are always just the lowest value afaik

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Kaysette posted:

lagged my dumb rear end into two helltide deaths then failed a nm dungeon. trying to push wt4 content at 63-65 has been a lot of fun but these lag deaths suck rear end. just let me kill things and make number go up... no not the ping number

try doing legion events and maybe world boss events if you need loot carries. legion events especially good, just stay alive and let everyone else delete stuff

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I was really enjoying the buffs to nature’s fury druid, but while waiting for the sacred aspects that make it better I ended up getting some really good drops and some near max-roll aspects for a trampleslide and pulverize druid. So I basically rebuilt my character from the ground up and boy is it fun filling the screen with double landslides.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Dallan Invictus posted:

1. Modifying an item in any way is more expensive the higher the ilvl of the item.
2. I think this is a bug.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I tried Nature’s Fury because I got a max roll cooldown reduction aspect but it didn’t seem to actually be working. My hurricane cooldown never went down as I killed hundreds of mobs. So I went back to Perfect Storm. :shrug:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
are there any goon clans with openings still?

someone wanna start one if not? i can i guess but im not all that active

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Looking through the stats on every ancestral yellow gets old fast though.

It's actually worse than that, since ilvl 700+ sacreds exist and can be basically bis items for some slots. So you should be looking at them, too! And there are ancestrals that are lower than 700 (and therefore garbage in the late game) but you need to look at them to know that.

The fact that D4 doesn't have a loot filter is an embarrassment. Last Epoch has an amazing loot filter, and D4 makes more money every millisecond than that game will bring in over its entire life.

They should at the very least change it so everything ilvl 700+ is labelled ancestral (and nothing lower than ilvl 700 is).

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 29, 2023

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
yeah Last Epochs loot filter is incredible

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

ex post facho posted:

just had a ring of starless skies drop :prepop:

Should probably reach out to wowhead for this and claim 3.2 seconds of internet fame.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Level 28 Necro having issue at the Icy Goat Men Stronghold with the boss Goatman. My minions die quite nicely, I try to run around as best as I can until my golem resurrects then as it sheds skin try to raise skellies, shoot blight, bonestorm, curse, etc. but keep getting killed. Any other tips?

Git Gud, I know.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

odinson posted:

Looks good. I just hit 100 so I'm gonna work on gear and glyphs before any 75+ tier or lillith attempts. Finished leveling with curses, but I wanna try out the flesh-eater legendary aspect for a bit now that they've fixed the BCE visual bug.

Have you considered the Might aspect over Disobedience. I think it may be better for a Spear/Snipe build as it is tough to keep the stacks up. It feels "win more" when the majority of the time my stacks are high are when I have bone storm active or when i'm multi-hitting them after tendrils pull.

A better question for the thread.

How do I determine how many stacks of Disobedience needed to meet or beat the 20% DR from Might.

@6.5k Armor I have 49% less physical damage from equal lvl enemies. Is it known how much higher lvl enemies will reduce this #?

I use aspect of might in my pushing build on a shield. The vid I posted is a farming build so I do end up in melee range a lot more if I am speed farming 50s or doing helltide.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Gatts posted:

Level 28 Necro having issue at the Icy Goat Men Stronghold with the boss Goatman. My minions die quite nicely, I try to run around as best as I can until my golem resurrects then as it sheds skin try to raise skellies, shoot blight, bonestorm, curse, etc. but keep getting killed. Any other tips?

Git Gud, I know.

What do your skills and book of the dead look like?

I haven’t really have an issue with minions dying in my first WT1 run. Currently nearing the end of the campaign at lvl 49, and bosses are a pushover. The 5 second delay on the big skeleton priest heal means its worth using before they take damage, cause once they’re near death, it’s too late.

Curse, tendrils, and corpse explosion helps a ton as well. The new curse aggro change is more impactful than I expected.

Even still, I’m getting kind of bored of it though, not sure whether to try another class or re-spec. on the other hand, I don’t love the build-spend cycle pretty much every other build/class seems to use. I don’t really remember D2 being like that, but its been a minute.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Gatts posted:

Git Gud, I know.

Git gud? This is Diablo. There’s no getting better at the game, you just need better stuff on your guy! Upgrade your weapon and go back later.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Kaysette posted:

Today's the first day I've had noticeably bad lag, is there still ddos bs going on?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is there even a point in doing whisper tree/helltide at upper levels? I've gotten nothing but poo poo from them (most loot is just sacred, not even ancestral!)

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Asproigerosis posted:

Is there even a point in doing whisper tree/helltide at upper levels? I've gotten nothing but poo poo from them (most loot is just sacred, not even ancestral!)

Helltides are always nice to do for the crafting mats but if you're set on those then no, not really.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Are hourly-ish disconnects just the cost of doing business with D4, or is there a problem on my end? Are there any connection diagnostics tools from Bliz to check my network?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
lol world boss with level 100s. Instantly evaporated. :|

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Man that modifier that has ranged attacks drain primary resource can be a pain in the arse, straight to salvaging for those NM sigils

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Are hourly-ish disconnects just the cost of doing business with D4, or is there a problem on my end? Are there any connection diagnostics tools from Bliz to check my network?

I get lag spikes every once in a while but it's usually not bad enough to disconnect. I was getting some disconnects when zoning during the ddos attacks but its not a normal thing

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Enigma posted:

Even still, I’m getting kind of bored of it though, not sure whether to try another class or re-spec. on the other hand, I don’t love the build-spend cycle pretty much every other build/class seems to use. I don’t really remember D2 being like that, but its been a minute.

D2 has mana potions so everyone is just chugging blue nonstop to spam abilities, there are no builders.

e: there was also mana steal so every melee character had infinite mana with a single source of mana steal

e2: I think the dirty secret of resource-based abilities in ARPGs is that part of building your character is figuring out how to passively sustain your resource pool. It's not a "weakness" in the builder-spender system that everyone is trying to circumvent using the builder, that's the end goal. They just need to make builders do something else interesting to make the build-spend rhythm more satisfying. Combo for rogue is a good example.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 29, 2023

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
goddamn do I really hate that they added pvp. this is just not a game meant for pvp

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Which would you use?

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Has anyone ever seen the exposed flesh aspect drop for necromancer? The one that gives lucky hit for essence regen on vulnerable enemies. Im not convinced it’s real. I’m level 80 now and have never seen one drop. Spent probably 4-5000 obols on rings looking for it. Would be a real game changer for my build too.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Schwawa posted:

Has anyone ever seen the exposed flesh aspect drop for necromancer? The one that gives lucky hit for essence regen on vulnerable enemies. Im not convinced it’s real. I’m level 80 now and have never seen one drop. Spent probably 4-5000 obols on rings looking for it. Would be a real game changer for my build too.

I have seen it either once or twice and I am level 100. It is extremely powerful, along with the Umbral aspect.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Schwawa posted:

Extremely rare. I've only seen one on my 92 HC Necro and I too have been spamming obols into rings looking for more since the one I got rolled low. I guess the difference between 30 and 50 essence isn't huge when you're dealing with a pool of ~200 so it's not a big deal but still...

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Date for the Season 1 dev stream today or tomorrow

https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1674171859708047360?s=20

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Which would you use?

i had the same kind of situation and went for the higher item power one. i don’t notice the difference between my 40% roll and 22% roll or whatever they are exactly. i’ve either got enough mobs to keep things rolling or i do not and i drag those guys along until i do.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

goddamn do I really hate that they added pvp. this is just not a game meant for pvp

lucky you! you can ignore it with no real penalty

also it rules

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Which would you use?

Extract the 40% aspect and slap it on the ancestral?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Avalerion posted:

Extract the 40% aspect and slap it on the ancestral?

can't do that with uniques

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

pvp is actually harmless. they've promised they won't be making balance decisions around it and clearly haven't yet, as evidenced by the fact that CC immune barbarians can walk at 170% move speed and 1 hit any player in the game with HoTA. it might be a net social good because the people that engage with it are better off at home instead of of wandering the streets unmonitored