Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Okay, Calvin's dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is the dramatic black-and-white-headshot thing spreading? I know Glenn Howerton's had his for a while now, but I thought Charlie Day and Kaitlin Olson had different photos until recently

Maybe it helps hide aging and plastic surgery

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CPColin posted:

Okay, Calvin's dad

It builds character actors

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RC Cola posted:

I just listened to a time share pitch and they basically line for line gave me the always sunny timeshare pitch lol. The guy has to be a fan. No other way. Obviously I bought 3 weeks so I am being paid to vacation

Should have took the prick for 6 weeks. Get paid twice as much for twice the vacation!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wait a minute... He just subtly motioned to this document, here

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Rob's voice sounded like his vocal cords were about to snap in this episode.

Rob is the most off-putting one to me. Glenn and Kaitlin look like a lot of rich people in their 40's I see, Charlie and Danny look the same, but Rob looks and sounds roided out.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
so in character of him, amazing.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is the dramatic black-and-white-headshot thing spreading? I know Glenn Howerton's had his for a while now, but I thought Charlie Day and Kaitlin Olson had different photos until recently

That picture of Charlie, in the small thumbnail, I initially thought was a still from The Gang Gets Whacked, but his jacket has an emblem on it in the episode. Still looks like from around that time, Kaitlin's too. Either way, it made me think of Buster and how he has the best line of the entire show. If that actor isn't dead (or worse), he needs to come back on the show.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

hottubrhymemachine posted:

Rob's voice sounded like his vocal cords were about to snap in this episode.

Well... they filmed this season right alongside the late season for Wrexham, where they won a lot of games.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Super Deuce posted:

That picture of Charlie, in the small thumbnail, I initially thought was a still from The Gang Gets Whacked, but his jacket has an emblem on it in the episode. Still looks like from around that time, Kaitlin's too. Either way, it made me think of Buster and how he has the best line of the entire show. If that actor isn't dead (or worse), he needs to come back on the show.

IMDb seems to suggest he's still alive and acting!

Don't know whether he was flying a confederate flag at J6 or anything

Now come on, let Buster do a line off your boner

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Brawnfire posted:

It builds character actors

:hmmyes:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Charlie may not be much of a film maker but he's a hell of a blues man.

I don't care if the commercials are read by them or pre-recorded but the way they just cut in during a conversation with no warning is pretty jarring. Also there isn't a big enough eyeroll emoji to handle Glenn asking his wife about her "journey" from actress to producer/director and all the projects she's done and currently working on. I don't need 20 minutes of that.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 26, 2023

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

ChesterJT posted:

I don't care if the commercials are read by them or pre-recorded but the way they just cut in during a conversation with no warning is pretty jarring.

If you're watching on YouTube, SponsorBlock is a great browser extension.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

ChesterJT posted:

Yeah that was a great lil' intro

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I do appreciate how much they're starting to video edit the streams, overlaying social media comments, commercials or other clips they reference etc. A real value-add for the Creeps.

ChesterJT posted:

Also there isn't a big enough eyeroll emoji to handle Glenn asking his wife about her "journey" from actress to producer/director

Listening last night that sounded at least a little sarcastic / parody-y. If he looks completely sincere on the video then yeah that's a little West Coast wanky.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm dying at Frank at the tournament

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

I'm dying at Frank at the tournament

In Frech: So was he :wink:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

If you’re Johnny than who is Dennis?

I loving lost it. This show is still amazing.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Takes No Damage posted:

Listening last night that sounded at least a little sarcastic / parody-y. If he looks completely sincere on the video then yeah that's a little West Coast wanky.

I think he's just trying to give his wife her spotlight, it didn't strike me as being anything weird at all between a couple.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Have they talked about the movies since they came out? I listened to the one where they both seemed excited before they were released but haven't listened to any since since Charlie's didn't do well.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

mdemone posted:

I think he's just trying to give his wife her spotlight, it didn't strike me as being anything weird at all between a couple.

Agreed. Seemed like a pretty standard thing to ask a guest star, too. And I heard "transition", not "journey", when Glenn asked.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ariza posted:

Have they talked about the movies since they came out? I listened to the one where they both seemed excited before they were released but haven't listened to any since since Charlie's didn't do well.

They haven't, and I don't expect them to. They already did the Good Friend thing by blowing an entire episode talking up their friend's movie and they don't seem like the kind of group to really pounce and twist the knife when one of them flops. What else is there for them to say?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The Gang Gets Cursed is the funniest episode they've made in years.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Great episode, great turn by the guests, with Cranston given a bit more to do. ”He’s like the alpha dog dude. Malcolm’s not in the middle. He’s on top.”

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Mr. Middle

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nickelschläger

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
That was a great episode! I'm glad they didn't just use them to be the straight men.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Might be common knowledge but I just learned that as well as Cranston and Paul's brand, the sunny guys have their own Whisky, making the slams about celebrities slapping their name on anything even funnier.

https://www.fourwallswhiskey.com/

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Annabel Pee posted:

Might be common knowledge but I just learned that as well as Cranston and Paul's brand, the sunny guys have their own Whisky, making the slams about celebrities slapping their name on anything even funnier.

https://www.fourwallswhiskey.com/

Yea, their gag is pretty spot on too. Also pretty funny Cranston and Paul happen to have a 25 year Mezcal under their brand & the Gang has a 15 year single barrel... So you know they just bought some product from a producer and did just slap their name & brand on it.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Probably the worst episode of the season. I dunno, I like Breaking Bad's stars, but there was no punchline. I liked the monologue at the end, but the whole thing about it being fake defeats the comedy. I was on board with Cranston supposedly being a huge rear end in a top hat IRL.
The gang is very funny, but Paul and Cranston are mostly boring, especially during the car scene and this will probably be one of the (hopefully only) episodes of the season I wouldn't rewatch at all.

This season in my eyes is comparable to season 2 in quality. Some really good episodes and some weaker ones. The reasoning is completely reversed, of course. In S2 they haven't yet nailed their comedy so a few episodes have strong premises but are quite weak, and here it's clear that some cracks are starting to show. Would be hard not to after 15 years, of course.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, their gag is pretty spot on too. Also pretty funny Cranston and Paul happen to have a 25 year Mezcal under their brand & the Gang has a 15 year single barrel... So you know they just bought some product from a producer and did just slap their name & brand on it.

I assume that's the case for every celebrity except for the Coppolas' wine. Probably even Dan Aykroyd.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There were some good bits. Nickleschlager and the Jordan suit got chuckles out of me

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

PostNouveau posted:

I assume that's the case for every celebrity except for the Coppolas' wine. Probably even Dan Aykroyd.

He got that vodka from the greys.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I liked it.

The blends plan. Nickleschlager was good. Effectively ignoring Aaron Paul as someone different then Frankie Muniz worked for me, at least on first watch.

Mac was funny with the suit bit and I appreciate he wasn't just a gay caricature, but as a character it still feels like its lost a step from pre-ripped Mac days. Fat Mac and prior is a high-water mark in the American sitcom pantheon, though its weird to phrase it that way.

I loved how flustered Dennis got as they each kept barging in during the flight.

Loved Cranston doing the serious role monologue, just to loop back on the bit of him being a theater nerd who can't shut up about it.

My only twinge comes from hoping they don't lean too hard into "hey we're all millionaire celebrities now obviously and we have millionaire celebrity friends so we're going to write them into most of the episodes". I think that might kill the series for me.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think they should go full Scooby Doo Movies with it and have the harlem globetrotters on an ep

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Have Ryan Reynolds come by as a random average guy who keeps getting blown off by women because he's not as tall as Mac. During the episode, without any explanation he keeps getting smaller. Until he's Frank's size.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Scott Forstall posted:

My only twinge comes from hoping they don't lean too hard into "hey we're all millionaire celebrities now obviously and we have millionaire celebrity friends so we're going to write them into most of the episodes". I think that might kill the series for me.

I agree but also, this has always been 'the show', they always brought in their friends, and of course there's the whole DeVito being foisted upon a no-name show as a big name star and all that, I mean sure probably Cranston\Paul are maybe bigger than most and this comes so soon after Utley's cameo so, yeah, it feels about latter-seasons-simpsons but I don't really think it's a trend, the episode is in service of the meta-joke not the big name stars (although, of course, there's a breaking bad parody in there as well, but it's not like homages and parodies are a new thing in sunny either).

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
yeah, its hard to separate from the context of the podcast existing, watching the podcast/them creating the podcast, them going into pre-prod and prod of the new season during the podcast, and then discussing in parts how the process went for them. Would be interesting to get a season review from someone who loves the show, has seen all the episodes, but doesn't know/care about the podcast.

Does Meg write the S.I.N.N.E.D. episode without retreading the roots and fan favorite episodes of the series during her time on the podcast? who knows? that's parallel universe poo poo ultimately, so it doesn't matter but it popped into my head the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
BlackBerry was too much for me. Glenn was really loving good and I like Matt Johnson too much to ever finish it. I've probably watched and listened to Howerton too much to want to see him as another person.

I also hate Research in Motion because of being forced to deal with their support as a young man with no training being put in charge of the BES of a major defense company.