Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
FOOD DERAIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Are food derails not a form of meme

Is food not a form of meme

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Lol @ the extra face on the guy's chest

I think he's holding up a severed head.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
gog sweet potatoes with the the brown sugar and the marshmallows and they're so sweet so good. sweet potato pie? gently caress me. so good. Now I'm hungry.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

gog sweet potatoes with the the brown sugar and the marshmallows and they're so sweet so good. sweet potato pie? gently caress me. so good. Now I'm hungry.

agree with all this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

this is where it's fuckin' at

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

all forms of fry are superior to crinkle cut imo. loving wedges are better than crinkles.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

also, the "no salt on my fried potatoes" psychos should be put on a watchlist

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

you gotta salt 'em while they're still greasy, or throw them back in the oven/air fryer for like 2 minutes after you salt them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

OwlFancier posted:

I think he's holding up a severed head.

The head is the character Mimir who is a talking severed head

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

hot chips with chicken salt

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
hot chip and lye

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

CPColin posted:

hot chip and lye

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DontMockMySmock posted:

All types of deep fried potato are good if they're cooked properly. Shoestring, crinkle, steak, wedge, curly, waffle, seasoned or not. All great.

gently caress sweet potato fries though. Pretenders to the glory of the potato.

There's a local place that does sweet potato fries served with a pineapple chutney they make and it's pretty great.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

DontMockMySmock posted:

All types of deep fried potato are good if they're cooked properly. Shoestring, crinkle, steak, wedge, curly, waffle, seasoned or not. All great.

gently caress sweet potato fries though. Pretenders to the glory of the potato.

Hard agree.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

word is bond

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8xZmxJPv2A

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Sweet potato fries are the only good kind of fry. Regular potato is just tasteless sludge

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

Sweet potato fries are the only good kind of fry. Regular potato is just tasteless sludge

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I bet the sweet potato trend 10 years ago was started by big sweet potato as a viral marketing meme. All you sweet P heads out there got played.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I recently discovered battered fries and my mind has been opened while my arteries have closed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://www.insider.com/boise-fry-company-photos-french-fry-taste-test-review-2020-2

In Idaho, there's a fries restaurant with dozens of different potato and cut options, along with 15 sauces and 12 dry seasonings for literal thousands of fry permutations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

Everything else people have said is fine cause you know, everyone has their own preferences.

But this is just monstrous

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sweet potatoes are indecisive about whether they want to be potatoes or turnips.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Data Graham posted:

Lol @ the extra face on the guy's chest

Are you about Atreus holding up Mimir's head?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

OwlFancier posted:

Sweet potatoes are indecisive about whether they want to be potatoes or turnips.

They might be indecisive but whenever I need them they turnip.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LifeSunDeath posted:

All you sweet P heads out there got played.

Isn't that diabetes?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

canyoneer posted:

Isn't that diabetes?

Literally

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
not even a solanaceae

sad

also while I'm all about crispy french fries potatoes I just want to put a good word in for mash

thankyou

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There must be some scientific reason crinkle cut fries always suck. They're either undercooked limp-dick things, or rock hard pieces of poo poo. Never had a perfectly cooked crinkle-cut ever.

I'm about to drop a loving bomb:

Arby's crinkle cut fries are actually really good in my opinion. More often than not, they do achieve a very nice level of exterior crispness.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.insider.com/boise-fry-company-photos-french-fry-taste-test-review-2020-2

In Idaho, there's a fries restaurant with dozens of different potato and cut options, along with 15 sauces and 12 dry seasonings for literal thousands of fry permutations.

Belgians: "aww that's cute"

Sweet potato fries are excellent when done right.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Crinkle cut fries usually suck because like 99% of the time they're freezer burned bullshit thrown into the fryer and that always sucks. Who's fresh cutting crinkle cuts?

Anyway my kid called waffle fries a "tick tack toe cracker" the other day and that's pretty good.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any dreams they want to tell us about while we're at it?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Beeswax posted:

one time i dreamt that waffle fries tasted good and everybody wiped side to side

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeswax posted:

I dreamed a meme in times gone by when I was high and this thread was worth reading

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Grassy Knowles posted:

one time i dreamt that waffle fries tasted good and everybody wiped side to side

read this to the tune of the Ariana Grande song

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Heath posted:

read this to the tune of the Ariana Grande song

lmao

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Adam Richman had to stop participating in the challenges under the directions of his doctor

Well yeah he had to play Snape in the Harry Potter films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Anyway my kid called waffle fries a "tick tack toe cracker" the other day and that's pretty good.
That sounds like it should be a slur but I'm not quite sure what it would be implying.