Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

keep up the good work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I like that being a gbs poster isn't something you have to be ashamed of anymore it's just something you should be ashamed of

+1

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

GBS has the energy of a 40 something dad desperately trying to relive their youth by being 18 again in the late 90s, complete with the same humour.

Anyway in conclusion calling it cringe to post in gbs is actually, becsuse of this, ageism.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
45 year old men shitposting and trolling is hardly a GBS-only phenomenon.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Drone_Fragger posted:

GBS has the energy of a 40 something dad desperately trying to relive their youth by being 18 again in the late 90s, complete with the same humour.

this also describes twitter, and reddit for 50 somethings, and facebook for 60+

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Better than pretending to be 15yo imo

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
13 f cali

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Broom dot gif.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
You'll need a bigger broom for deez nuts imo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Drone_Fragger posted:

Anyway in conclusion calling it cringe to post in gbs is actually, becsuse of this, ageism.

whiff whiff whiff

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Stop crapping up my feedback thread and take it to the chat thread you bozos, do you know how annoying it is for me to go use the mobile browser instead of Awful App for Android to broom you all

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Could you bookmark an imgur hosted gif of the broom? Seems easier than using the mobile browser. Or reupload it every time using the built in imgur picture inserter thingy.

I copy and pasted this:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

perhaps some kind of broom signature that you could attach to your posts

---

summer sweepin 23

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Support the forums and purchase :smugbroom:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
BIG BROOM INCOMING :sweep:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

You'll need a bigger broom for deez nuts

Are you holding your cats nuts? Wtf

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No, I just also wanted to post a picture of my cat. My feedback is that Land sniffed at awful app on my phone then rubbed his face against it. Feel honoured. Bow even.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Oh it's a foot :3:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
look at this cats huge balls

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Heeeeeyyyyy… I love cats, and that one is adorbs, but despite my previous hasty statements to the contrary, cat pics and talk are not feedback or on topic.

Sorry!

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 29, 2023

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My feedback is that I have no idea what is going on most of the time? Maybe we were at war with another sub, maybe GBS mods were at war with each other? I'm so confused.

Suggestion: you need to elect an official scribe to keep everyone apprised of matters of state. That scribe should under no circumstances be me, because I don't want to and as we have established I am confused.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cousin Todd posted:

My feedback is that I have no idea what is going on most of the time? Maybe we were at war with another sub, maybe GBS mods were at war with each other? I'm so confused.

Suggestion: you need to elect an official scribe to keep everyone apprised of matters of state. That scribe should under no circumstances be me, because I don't want to and as we have established I am confused.

:imunfunny:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Meta-forums stuff is p easily ignorable but there's always the saga thread (or whatever the heck it's called now) in PYF I'd you ever want to check in on the saucy inter-forum drama.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Meta-forums stuff is p easily ignorable but there's always the saga thread (or whatever the heck it's called now) in PYF I'd you ever want to check in on the saucy inter-forum drama.

it's a good concept for a thread but it somehow gets 1000 video games posts a day from its regulars that renders it entirely unreadable

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

it's a good concept for a thread but it somehow gets 1000 video games posts a day from its regulars that renders it entirely unreadable

That thread is just all the worst SAD and IZ posters doing the same helldump poo poo they do everywhere else, and it’s modded/IK’d by them also so it loving sucks.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That thread is just all the worst SAD and IZ posters doing the same helldump poo poo they do everywhere else.

i disagree but i checked in on it and it has 2598 posts since i last checked on it 9 days ago and after a brief sampling of a dozen pages it's almost all video games. very strange

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like the idea of a daily forums briefing, with threat assessments and operational updates for the main conflict regions

perhaps a mod or an IK of this thread could attach a powerpoint at an executive summary level each morning?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Nip this convo in the bud. Stop talking about other subforums.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Okay.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I feel like we can use language that doesn't involve the implication of harming plants. Nipping the bud? Really?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Do better

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Solefald posted:

Nip this convo in the bud. Stop talking about other subforums.

Uh, no.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Yeah none of this is feedback so :sweep:

Also this isn't about other forums!!

E: I hadn't refreshed but Solefald's point stands

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

GBS is the one true subfourm and all others should tremble before our might!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gbs is a domforum actually

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
petition to rename gbs to general ballshit for the month of july

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

HonorableTB posted:

petition to rename gbs to general ballsweat for the month of july

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

HonorableTB posted:

:emptyquote:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

I mean honestly having a once monthly poll to determine what GBS stands for the next month would be a very nice idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I vote geriatric brine shrimp