Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

steinrokkan posted:

Do you mean like Napoletan pizza in general, or specifically pizza made in Naples? Because isn't Napoletan pizza just margherita?

I mean like any italian restaurant that serve them and take pride in it. It's OK at best. Like any random "hipster" place makes better pizzas with more interesting toppings and styles. The rules and poo poo makes it so boring. And for some reason the smell from the cooked crust is so bad. Kinda lika walking outside a Subway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
napoletana pizza from napoli is extremely good and unlike any other pizza, including napoletana style pizzas in other parts of italy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's delicious because the tomatoes suck up all the aromas from the decomposing Romans in the volcanic soil under Vesuvius.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Fish sauce is good

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Fish sauce is good

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

von Braun posted:

pizza was perfected abroad.

This part was essentially true. I think the history of pizza was that it only got big Italy-wide after American tourists kept going to places in Italy other than Naples and expecting pizza like they'd get in the US, and the rest of Italy had to catch up and manufacture local pride in pizza. I think Italian Italians get way more aggressive over pasta than they do over pizza, since that's what they have longer traditions over.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Next time I visit Italy, I'm gonna berate the pizza chefs until they give me a mac & cheese special

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Garum on pizza would be good as hell

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Soul Dentist posted:

Worcestershire on pizza would be good as hell

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Ate this margherita pizza the other day.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

kiwid posted:

Ate this margherita pizza the other day.

A cultured Agar-ita pizza?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Pookah posted:

A cultured Agar-ita pizza?

I've never had a good neapolitan style pizza ever. Also gently caress all the other styles too that aren't new york style.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I like-a Detroit!

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Futanari Damacy posted:

I like-a Detroit!

Better than Chicago I suppose.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm a big fan of the I'm coming home drunk late at night and will basically eat anything cooked with a poo poo load of cheese on it style pizza.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

dr_rat posted:

I'm a big fan of the I'm coming home drunk late at night and will basically eat anything cooked with a poo poo load of cheese on it style pizza.

You want St. Louis style? Cuz that's how you get St. Louis style!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I like Chicago because they own both tavern and deep dish styles as their specialties. Some days you want to eat, and some days your want to EAT.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

Long ago, broke and starving in Amsterdam, stumbled across an all you can eat pizza buffet for 5 bucks. The catch? Every pizza had corn toppings. That's it, loaded with corn kernels.

That's like the twilight zone episode that was something along the lines of the guy who was stuck in eternity with just his books, but then he breaks his glasses.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No! There was TIME CORN now!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rx0vk41ZIg1r0uzl6.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
pizza gloryhole

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

pizza gloryhole

Love it

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's not Delivery, it's Delorean.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A Domelivereono

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ah, I see you have read "Snow Crash".

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

President of Iceland will make good pizza illegal.

https://icelandmag.is/article/president-iceland-announces-he-would-ban-pineapple-a-pizza-topping

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol this is obviously just because Pineapples refused to grow in their accursed land of coldness and misery, they're trying to make it look like not being able to people pineapple on pizza is an intention thing.

Have fun with your mud and rotting fish pizzas Iceland!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

good

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You guys know that article's from 2017, right? He soon retracted his slanderous statements, bowing his head to the noble p'napple

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This thread got pineapple on my mind, so I had to get a Hawaiian special for tonight. Pineapple, bacon, extra mozzarella, and cream cheese accents :discourse:

(who am I kidding, it's my favorite now and 90% of what I've ordered since I tried it on a whim a while back. I love my local shop way too much)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
had a Detroit last week, good but also like swallowing a bowling ball.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

dr_rat posted:

lol this is obviously just because Pineapples refused to grow in their accursed land of coldness and misery, they're trying to make it look like not being able to people pineapple on pizza is an intention thing.

Have fun with your mud and rotting fish pizzas Iceland!

iceland is not cold, not why it's called iceland.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

von Braun posted:

iceland is not cold, not why it's called iceland.

It had a meth problem way back in viking times?

Very progressive of them.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

uber_stoat posted:

had a Detroit last week, good but also like swallowing a bowling ball.

Detroit probably best style. To each their own but you're wrong

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Stunning Honky posted:

Detroit probably best style. To each their own but you're wrong

not throwing shade. it's my fave probably. it's just a lot of bread.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/UnseenJapanSite/status/1677493319411040257

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
Mama mia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

my company loved getting these for all-hands meetings. idk just get more normal sized pizzas next time?