Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Augus posted:

It’d be funny if the SMRPG remake just kept Culex as a floating 16-bit sprite

It would be cool if they make a giant HD-2D Octopath style sprite for Culex.

Hope they keep the FFIV boss battle theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Palmtree Panic posted:

Also acceptable is a Soken-created FFIV boss battle remix.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Mythforce seems really interesting... kind of wish it wasn't a first person game though. Would want to see the character more (though I guess there are movies....?)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Palmtree Panic posted:

Same on both accounts but for the latter.

SMRPG was basically my first RPG and I loved the music in that fight, and I was freaking out when I finally played FFIV and found out that it was basically the boss music there.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I wonder if people should pre-order the pastel green+purple pastel. I'm in no hurry though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is anyone getting Raincode

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibram Gaunt posted:

if i had money i would

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I shall do a impressions when I play it

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I’m very curious about it but waiting to see the reception

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

ftw

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

alright buster now you've crossed the line

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Pikmin 4 news: the c-stick group move can be unlocked.

https://twitter.com/rheycore/status/1674249283678392320?s=46

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

lol the bocchi bandit strikes once more...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

symbolic posted:

Another alt exposed.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Snake Maze posted:

The asymmetrical 2 captain structure seems like an interesting change of pace, and a good way to keep from just doing the same puzzles over again.

I have yet to play the demo, but does this mean that its setup like co-op for Pikmin 3 where you control multiple characters?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo, yesssss Crusader of Centy. Goons, if you're looking for another LttP-esque adventure, check it out, it's fantastic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

not sure I’m a fan of the auto-lock in Pikmin 4, otherwise game is fun

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I shall be getting it and Ghost Trick but still have to beat Zelda. Raincode is like specifically targeted at me with its premise.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Augus posted:

not sure I’m a fan of the auto-lock in Pikmin 4, otherwise game is fun

Its very finicky

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Haven't heard about Raincode so I looked it up and

Same.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Same, which is why I will be picking up Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Commander Keene posted:

The Switch DQM isn't a remake of the first one, but there is one on the 3DS, with the subtitle "Terry's Wonderland", if you're interested. It never got an official localization, but if you have a hacked 3DS or a PC capable of emulating the game, there's a fan translation that's apparently pretty high-quality.

I forget if the Terry's Wonderland translation had any issues but I played through the game with it just fine. The two biggest issues I had with it is that the monster size mechanic where some can take 2-4 party slots is pretty bad (and largely not worth it) and that monster stats seemed all over the place. I had some cases where I upgraded a monster from a D or C rank to it's B or A rank recolor, with higher stats (according to what the game shows) and the end result was a monster with worse (and slower, because higher rank) growth with no explanation as to why. Neither are deal breakers though and the game was really fun.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Wow, metacritic serving up dildo ads now is certainly something new

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think they’re targeted ads

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

Haven't heard about Raincode so I looked it up and

Same.

:911:

it wouldn't let me strike through the japan one, but pretend it did an I put it above the america one

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Terper posted:

Same, which is why I will be picking up Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

Yeah same

I'll read up on Raincode more but eh, Ghost Trick is more up my alley and I haven't played since the original DS launch

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Maybe, but they missed the mark!

I've only seen ads for game stuff on there before, not... That

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Astro7x posted:

I have yet to play the demo, but does this mean that its setup like co-op for Pikmin 3 where you control multiple characters?

I haven't tried it, but it looks like co-op in story mode is more of a Mario Galaxy thing where player 2 doesn't control a character and just throws rocks to help. Your Piksona and the dog are effectively two separate captains, and you can have them split up like the captains could in previous games, but you can also ride on top of the dog or have him help carry things, which I guess is why it wouldn't work to have him be player 2.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Is Front Mission remake good?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Apparently Pikmin 4 only lets you have 3 different types of Pikmin out at once? hope that’s something you can upgrade at some point otherwise wtf

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Augus posted:

Apparently Pikmin 4 only lets you have 3 different types of Pikmin out at once? hope that’s something you can upgrade at some point otherwise wtf

Honestly I do not mind this because 5 types was already pushing it and apparently this includes the types from 2 and 3, including the types they are adding in this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Disposable Scud posted:

Is Front Mission remake good?

I think so! It's literally just the original SNES game with fancy graphics. Front Mission 3 is still the best of the series, and that is getting a remake too at some point.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Augus posted:

Could be a good change that forces you to do some proper planning instead of just bringing twenty of everything and doing whatever. We’ll see how it plays out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hatty posted:

Chuck Tingles Targeted By Dildos

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just found that if you had the Pikmin 4 demo end, you can load the file and it will take you to the base at the beginning of the next day and you can do whatever there, but once you try to explore an area the demo will go to the ending splash screen.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Augus posted:

Some caves will probably have more if you find wild Pikmin, but in the overworld it’s limited to 3, which honestly doesn’t feel like a huge loss.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

man nurse posted:

I’m very curious about it but waiting to see the reception

:hai:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Pikmin 4 demo was fantastic. I was trying to avoid getting treasure, getting as many onions and castaways as I could, but the urge to collect was too hard to resist! Maybe I'll start over and really avoid treasure until I've exhausted everything, and then see if I can go on a treasure collecting spree. It's not like I can just wait until the game comes out.

I love that the uniform color you chose ends up being the rescue team color. Customization is great in general! I wish you could pick the dog's color, but at least its collar matches your suit color.

Augus posted:

Only in the overworld. No limits in caves.

Unlucky7 posted:

I just found that if you had the Pikmin 4 demo end, you can load the file and it will take you to the base at the beginning of the next day and you can do whatever there, but once you try to explore an area the demo will go to the ending splash screen.
Oh neat, thanks for pointing this out! I decided to mess around the ship area a bit more and discovered that Olimar's ship is right next to where the Rescue Corps landed, just off in a bush. I like this game's sense of humor.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Eiba posted:

I like this game's sense of humor.

It turns out that the more ships crash land in a row, the funnier it gets. ”There must have been dozens of civilians who all came here and crashed their ships” is the best possible reason to have so many people to rescue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Raincode will be out tonight. Probably going to check that out.