Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/erinalberty/status/1674082232405995520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Janky The Clown posted:

These are dumb.

And yet people have done this dumb stuff and been seriously maimed if not killed.

Now whoever pushed this lawsuit, they are dumb.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Janky The Clown posted:

These are dumb. Like that video in the 90's where they had that kid wearing baggy jeans pull out an arsenal and lay it all on the table, without showing how he walked up to the table. The mortar in the top video is clearly upside down. Now I'm not saying it's impossible for an idiot to put a mortar in upside down then try to launch it off their head, I'm just saying it will go a small way into helping prevent an Idiocracy type future.
Lotta people start drinking early on the 4th. . .

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah but mailing a writ of certiorari would be the smartest thing that the plaintiff’s lawyer has done all year.

There is an nonzero chance that SCOTUS would take their case and rule in their favor.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 29, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CommieGIR posted:

And yet people have done this dumb stuff and been seriously maimed if not killed.

“It’s the schools job, en loco parentis, to fulfill the religious desires of the parents.” Alito writes for a five justice majority with the chief justice joining justices Sotomayor, Jackson, and Kagan in dissent.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/CourierNewsroom/status/1674486266644013075?t=R978IzODEyVlmWV9U9rMDA&s=19

Crimes 2: Crimes Harder.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

Crimes 2: Crimes Harder.

IIRC I didn't think The Independent had good sources and it seemed kinda sketchy, but then they kinda nailed the initial indictment like ~2 days before it happened. Just today did articles come out saying "uh, that Florida Grand Jury is still active and slinging subpoenas", so could really be more fun ahead!

Also apparently Giuliani met with DOJ in a proffer-like "k, here's why you shouldn't charge me, X Y Z told me what to do" session, so that's a thing too!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's not really a surprise, but yikes.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's not really a surprise, but yikes.

TF you wanna make a wager? I'll bet it goes over 100 counts before this is over.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I won't take that bet, but I will if we go to 200

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Janky The Clown posted:

These are dumb.

My younger brother almost injured me, his one year old, his then wife, and our mom and dad because he put a mortar tube on an obviously unstable and uneven platform for reasons. The tube fell over and launched the payload at us, luckily the mortar missed everyone and exploded behind us.

So yea, while you might think stupid assholes wont do obviously stupid poo poo with fireworks you'd be wrong.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
people will do the dumbest poo poo possible for the dumbest possible reasons, doubly so when it's a holiday party and they're probably also not sober

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I won't take that bet, but I will if we go to 200

150, 200 is a bit rich for my blood

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

150, 200 is a bit rich for my blood

OK, over under 150, a weeks probe?

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

These are literally examples of things people have already done and maimed/killed themselves as a result. They're just showing you what it looks like with dummies.

Like the mortar on the head one happened with a guy who played Gaston at Disney World.

So no one explodes like Gaston.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kRyjKlvLlA

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

HAPPY BELATED BILLY MAYS DAY!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

OK, over under 150, a weeks probe?

Yes with a month for me if it hits 200

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The President is taking measures to improve his sleep.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1674224995562651651

What will they call him now?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Formerly not-getting-quality-sleepy Joe

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

This is ridiculous. Kids don't catch fire that easily.

Why are you looking at me like that.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Wrong Theory posted:

napalm sticks to kids

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Wrong Theory posted:

It's a well-known fact that children are very, very moist. Just disgusting amounts of leakage and excretions, and they make sure to smear that mess everywhere.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

A.o.D. posted:

It's a well-known fact that children are very, very moist. Just disgusting amounts of leakage and excretions, and they make sure to smear that mess everywhere.

Kids exude a field of sticky poo poo in a miasmic cloud around them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

The President is taking measures to improve his sleep.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1674224995562651651

What will they call him now?

CPAP smear

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

It's amazing to me that he hasn't been already, at his age. I feel like everyone gets handed one the minute they hit 35 lately.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wtf, first I didn't get my Soros Super Soldier Serum, and now you're telling me I didn't get my CPAP machine either??

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cool Dad posted:

It's amazing to me that he hasn't been already, at his age. I feel like everyone gets handed one the minute they hit 35 lately.

gently caress you.

I was 38 :ohdear:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Cool Dad posted:

They said I didn't sleep long enough for a good result when I did my sleep study but that my O2 levels looked ok

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

gotta stop abusing the clonestamp tool in college admissions

Hyrax Attack! posted:

A few years back in WA state there was something on the ballot related to affirmative action & was eye opening how well organized the Asian American community was in opposition. I hadn’t known how those policies could unintentionally place Asian applicants at a disadvantage in college applications to the degree it was a major problem (or at least perceived to be).

yeah, they have a pretty good reason to be well organized in WA right now, bellevue community college even had one of their administrators defacing an art installation that talked about how most of bellevue, including the college campus, was built on land stolen from japanese-american families when they were interned as prisoners during WWII.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...laced-on-leave/

fun fact: the family that owns the bellevue mall had a pretty prominent role in getting them interned and stealing their land. some people still remember when it happened! so yeah. good reasons

lightpole posted:

They said I didn't sleep long enough for a good result when I did my sleep study but that my O2 levels looked ok

Well, that's because you didn't sleep long enough to hit an apneatic event. I get the same thing and keep having to repeat sleep studies, which my insurance won't cover. It became cheaper for me to just buy CPAP supplies for cash, so I do that instead. Insurance companies are completely useless for sleep apnea. I hate it. I went with untreated sleep apnea for 5+ years because I couldn't afford a sleep study. I fell asleep at the wheel multiple times during that five years. It's a miracle I lived. It's a miracle I didn't kill anyone.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 30, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I've had chronic nightmares and chronic migraines my entire life and finally - FINALLY - talked my insurance into covering a sleep study once I hit 30, because prior to that suffering from apnea was "unlikely".

Y'all think that might be part of it?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Cool Dad posted:

Considering that I turn 35 tomorrow and that I just (finally) made an appointment for a sleep study this week, this feels kinda personal.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Look if I don't go to the doctors they can't tell me I have any problems.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'd been having problems with drainage ever since the beginning of covid, and I finally went to a competent ENT doctor (one that didn't immediately recommend carving up my nasal cavities the first time I saw him) that recommended I use a neti pot AFTER he had me take a CT scan of my head. I'd been reluctant because of the stories, but he gave some good directives (only use distilled, frequent cleanings, etc.) and it's done wonders for me, to include lowering my blood pressure.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lightpole posted:

The at home sleep studies are more limited but you’re more likely to hit all the sleep stages and get an accurate AHI. If anything else is suspected in addition to sleep apnea then they’ll recommend an in clinic one.

They also can’t titrate with at home studies. Modern APAP machines can titrate themselves over the course of a night and then after a few weeks your dr can just set the starting pressure based on what it records.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sinus rinsing is great yeah.

It helped with my chronic cough, which was a surprise to me.

My tap water isn’t that bad. I boil it in a kettle before each session. I think that my household filter is fine enough to catch the nasty meningitis germs. These should also be stopped by municipal water treatment, but that demonstrably doesn’t have a perfect success rate.

I prefer the plastic squeeze bottles to the true neti gravity‐fed type.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nthing the CPAP changing my life. Got it last year and I have no idea how I survived without it, literally

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
JFC just use sterile saline lmao it's like :10bux: at Costco for a 3 pack. Don't get weird sinus infections from incorrect sterilization techniques.

Source: peritonsilar abscess from inhaled substances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think wrong pH can do damage long term too but that’s something that will noticeably hurt your sinuses.

If you already have distilled water… these things are great but should be considered disposable with like a couple month lifetime tops. Good if you have serious issues temporarily. https://shop.neilmed.com/products/sinugator-cordless-pulsating-nasal-wash-1