Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

SettingSun posted:

They're really just outright saying that their primary service is money laundering huh

no no no no... they said "clean" your money. totally different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bitcoins get so dirty being channeled through the internet. you have to make sure you thoroughly wash your hands after handling them

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Agar.io was kind of a fun little thing a long time ago but I just checked it and boy that poo poo is incredibly plastered with ads now

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the fact you cannot turn off skins for agar and 2015/2016 had a bunch of plotical poo poo was i thing that also kinda soured the game as a time waster.

also name poo poo too.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Boxturret posted:

Hey guys I'm beginning to get worried about this whole company goes bankrupt>sold for pennies>we get fabulously rich plan :ohdear:

Nah, there's a recent court case where someone who got paid in pennies got over a 4000% return. Everything is fine.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
slither.io seems like the better game anyway

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah but it's also all bots, two thirds from the server, one third from bot advertisers

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
4/5 letter .coms are like $100K nowadays to buy, so poor startups go to use .io if they want something short and not superhamsterxxx.com. Using .co is also a somewhat popular Silicon Valley thing to do as they're cheap to get, even though it's technically for Colombia-based businesses.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 28, 2023

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is there a bitcoinwallet.zip site yet?

Seems like a valuable squat.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Rad Russian posted:

4/5 letter .coms are like $100K nowadays to buy, so poor startups go to use .io if they want something short and not superhamsterxxx.com. Using .co is also a somewhat popular Silicon Valley thing to do as they're cheap to get, even though it's technically for Colombia-based businesses.

Nexo tried to buy nexo.us from me but wouldn’t go over 5000 so I made it redirect to web3isgoinggreat.com and they stopped talking to me

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you think you would get paid in real cash if they offered a better number?

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Just because they clean your money doesn't mean it's freshly laundered. I have no idea if they use lavender scent and whether they hang their NFTs on a clothesline to dry.

Usually it's the NFT buyers who are hung out to dry.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Rad Russian posted:

most ccTLDs like .co opened themselves up to non-country-restricted use a while back, but I used to own noob.gg and the Channel Isles would send me nastygrams in the physical mail about how disappointed they were that I was not affiliated with the Channel Isles despite owning one of their domain names.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

I think I’ve passively encouraged more BBBY going out of business shopping by accident than these people have by posting their great enlightenments at this point. But that’s okay because this too is bullish.

The court will be making some bankruptcy decisions today if you would like to place bets.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

(I don't know if this is a thing)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but apparently Steve Bannon was indirectly involved with Tether and article covers how it's a big cluster. https://protos.com/tethers-history-with-china-goes-far-beyond-commercial-paper/

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 28, 2023

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

coolusername posted:

I think I’ve passively encouraged more BBBY going out of business shopping by accident than these people have by posting their great enlightenments at this point. But that’s okay because this too is bullish.

The court will be making some bankruptcy decisions today if you would like to place bets.
I'm trying to follow the logic and I think I accidentally gave myself a lobotomy in the process.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I think the logic is "Hey, if we ask the owners of this failing business not to go out of business, they might listen to us as long as we pay them $440,000 to cover the penalties they'll be charged for deciding to stay in business. Then, they can take all of their stores and stock and start a brand new company with them that isn't publicly traded! Then when it goes public they'll give us all a bunch of shares in their new company because we helped them out :')"

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Seems legit. Corporations are well-known for just giving shares away to people with no money.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

deep dish peat moss posted:

I think the logic is "Hey, if we ask the owners of this failing business not to go out of business, they might listen to us as long as we pay them $440,000 to cover the penalties they'll be charged for deciding to stay in business. Then, they can take all of their stores and stock and start a brand new company with them that isn't publicly traded! Then when it goes public they'll give us all a bunch of shares in their new company because we helped them out :')"

Zokari posted:

(I don't know if this is a thing)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

Seems legit. Corporations are well-known for just giving shares away to people with no money.

but they have so many stocks!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I seemed to remember the Overstock guy being a huge dickbag and discovered some hilarious stuff that links everything back.

quote:

Byrne sold some of his Overstock stock over the course of 2019, but remained the company's largest shareholder in the immediate aftermath of his resignation, with a 14% stake.[11] However, in September 2019, Byrne sold his entire stake in company (more than 4.7 million shares, about $90 million), writing on his blog that he would invest the proceeds in gold, silver, and two cryptocurrencies; criticized what he claimed to be "acts of retaliation from the Deep State"; and attacking the SEC as "the Deep State's pets."[47]

After Butina's release from prison, she became involved in Russian national politics. Byrne continued to send her financial gifts, which in 2021 led members of the Russian political opposition to object to her running for political office based on her "foreign financial backing". The "gifts" were investigated in the US by the Business Insider, and Byrne admitted to them, when her candidacy with Vladimir Putin's party United Russia became public.[48]

He doesn't mention which 2 shitcoins he bought into in his blog post, but,

quote:

The crypto is stored in the place where all crypto is stored: in mathematical mist, behind long keys held only in the memory of someone who is quite good at storing such things in memory (with paper backups in the hands of a priest I met 35 years ago who never sits foot in the West).

lmfao

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 29, 2023

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
lol that crypto is loving gone and given to russia

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
let priests be your bank

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Every person in the world just needs to travel to Asia and find one kindly wise old man that they can entrust their wealth to.

Currency of the future

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

FlapYoJacks posted:

Is there a single legit website that ends in .io? Seems like a very easy indicator that the website is a scam.

I'd have said draw.io but they rebranded.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

deep dish peat moss posted:

Seems every bitcoinzinga logic is 'Instead of doing the obvious financial stuff, why don't other people spend a poo poo load of money setting it up so that we who do virtually nothing will benefit from it!'.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Seems every bitcoinzinga logic is 'Instead of doing the obvious financial stuff, why don't other people spend a poo poo load of money setting it up so that we who do virtually nothing will benefit from it!'.

They're not doing nothing! They're holding("hodling")! The most hard thing to do, it takes so much work and effort to not do anything that they should rightly be rewarded, more than anyone who actually did anything!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

That's one of the best parts of the belief system: that they'll ultimately be rewarded for their undying loyalty by a corporate entity that could not give a poo poo about their existence.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Powershift posted:

He doesn't mention which 2 shitcoins he bought into in his blog post, but,

lmfao

Man, the Adeptus Mechanicus really have a poo poo job these days.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Thesaurus posted:

That's one of the best parts of the belief system: that they'll ultimately be rewarded for their undying loyalty by a corporate entity that could not give a poo poo about their existence.

Results of yesterday include bye bye baby getting sold for a lot less than the billions they were touting as the crown jewel that would cause them to moon. They are now scrambling to come up with new theories for why their favourite rich CEOs haven’t bought it to begin the amalgamation of the GME-BBBY-AMC-Sears-Blockchain new amazon killer: Teddy. True believers vs “psy-op shills” who are beginning to doubt, fight!

:confused:

quote:

I know you're not an expert on this stuff or anything but I've got a question:

It seems like both the Baby name and Bed name have been sold off. But I was under the impression that branding and continuity are an integral part of launching a new brand/IP.

Basically, HBO turned to HBO Max and then after a while just Max in order to keep people coming to the product they know and love.

But in the case of Baby and Bed, it seems those names are being sold elsewhere, which I'd imagine would impact Teddy because they can't go "The same Bed Bath/Baby you love, but with a new name! Welcome to Teddy!"

Has anyone explained why Teddy would only want the inventory and stuff from BBBY but wasn't interested in customer loyalty and brand transitioning?

:actually:

quote:

Hello OP, it appears that you are struggling here. So many remarks, yet none in support of you. It's only a psy op, so be cool. To learn more about us and fine-tune their upcoming onslaught, they are posing challenging questions. It's zero or hero, gently caress'em.

:cry:

quote:

The new Overstock subsidiary BBBY is entirely unrelated to BBBY Even if it does well. It's in no way affiliated with BBBY shareholders anymore. Zero, zilch, nada. Hence why there should be no posts about it.

The title says it all. No matter how well it does, it's not going to help BBBY shareholders. The title says it all. No matter how well it does, it's not going to help BBBY shareholders. The title says it all. No matter how well it does, it's not going to help BBBY shareholders. The title says it all. No matter how well it does, it's not going to help BBBY
shareholders. The title says it all. No matter how well it does, it's not going to help BBBY shareholders. The title says it all. No matter how well it does, it's not going to help BBBY shareholders.

Even if it does well. It's in no way affiliated with BBBY shareholders anymore. Zero, zilch, nada. Hence why there should be no posts about it.

:agesilaus:

quote:

What if Teddy buys Overstock?

<drops mic>

:crossarms:

quote:

Does the winning bid seem off?
Dream on Me Industries, Inc. was the winning bidder for the BABY IP. But doing some quick Googling, they have 19-employees and sell exclusively through Amazon and Walmart. How TF did they come up with $150 million to obtain the IP for BABY because they don't seem like that big of an operation.

Seems a bit sus as an outsider looking in considering BABY was the prized possession and doing $1 billion in revenue.

*Edit: Unconfirmed on the winning bid amount. However, according to multiple sites such as Zoominfo, they do roughly $24.5 million in revenue a year. So not sure how much they had to spend on the IP.

:eng101:

quote:

If you got the $150m figure from my comment on the other thread, I just made up a number for purposes of a hypothetical.

The winning bid probably won't be disclosed until the 8-K is filed.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

all I'm taking away from this is apparently there was a store called buy buy baby(?) and a bunch of childless men on reddit are very attached to its success

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Boxturret posted:

all I'm taking away from this is apparently there was a store called buy buy baby(?) and a bunch of childless men on reddit are very attached to its success

There’s a store named buy buy baby, as well as one named gamestop, and the dying movie theatre chain, plus ye olde defunt sears and sometimes the completely dead toys r us. These apes are absolutely convinced that these stores will combine under the leadership of their favourite rich ape leaders (icahn or pulte) for billions of dollars to become an amazon killer + one that does NFTs for the metaverse and leads an entire revolution for the stock market to move to the blockchain and become the world’s biggest cryptobank. Folding ideas has an upcoming video on it.

However I probably have been posting it a bit too much since not much is happening bitcoin wise while this just imploded, so on with the cryptonews until folding ideas hits.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I personally am loving all this insanity :shobon:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Buy Buy Baby was a fine place to shop for baby stuff because there's not actually a lot of places where you experiment with a bunch of different strollers or bassinets to see which one actually might work best for you.

Babies R Us was the other option but they've been gone for a long time. Now it seems like it's basically Target and Nordstroms, at least around here.

edit: no super classy Dragon Ball Z onesies, unfortunately

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Didn't people initially get into bed bath and beyond as a memestock because people mistook the ticker for blackberry?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pham Nuwen posted:

edit: no super classy Dragon Ball Z onesies, unfortunately

i feel like a krillin onesie for baby would be a hit

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fur20 posted:

i feel like a krillin onesie for baby would be a hit

not my baby:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1674477007474929666

Oh wait, here we go. Dan Olson recap of the BBBY stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
lmao

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1674477018719870976