Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Man I need my parasocialfix real bad. Lost my phone at the airport three weeks ago and finally came back so I can charge up an old phone yesterday. Could someone repost the list of all the good RSS feeds that pops up now and then. Would make my day. Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Bri is just full on anti vaxx now huh?

Maybe? Idk I don’t want to spend an hour listening to it but she’s known for clickbait as hell episode titles and descriptions so it’s possible that’s just what’s going on. Or did you actually listen?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Maybe? Idk I don’t want to spend an hour listening to it but she’s known for clickbait as hell episode titles and descriptions so it’s possible that’s just what’s going on. Or did you actually listen?

I just saw the title on the ole youtubes. you couldn't pay me to listen lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mcmagic posted:

I just saw the title on the ole youtubes. you couldn't pay me to listen lol

😂

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Bri is just full on anti vaxx now huh?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

She'll basically do whatever if it generates views:
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1557875491155107842?s=20

Bwt, we just passed the two year anniversary on this, and I've got to say I really respect not "preempting Virgil's statement" all this time! That's integrity for you!
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1409372457753055235?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone who gets into Harvard is an evil lizard person.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

😂

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Does D&D not have a podcast thread?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

UP AND ADAM posted:

Does D&D not have a podcast thread?

Go post one and find out

Goonspeed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/fivefourpod/status/1674437463681691649?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i enjoyed the tank episode of radio war nerd, which i only just listened to due to being very behind

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i finally listened to the coach episode of ALAB and holy poo poo, it's the second weirdest thing i've ever listened to. people talk about podcast host reply guys? how many of those sued a podcast, made a judge order them to stop releasing episodes, then got a settlement agreement stipulating an episode be released with them as a guest, discussing the back and forth of the case with only polite disagreement, having apparently no idea how completely unhinged and deserving of a fatal wedgie they sound.

i guess a good settlement gives both sides what they want and it seems like coach got to make everyone hear how he was right and good, and the podcast got incredible evidence they could show everyone that, yes, All Lawyers Are Bastards.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Doc Hawkins posted:

i finally listened to the coach episode of ALAB and holy poo poo, it's the second weirdest thing i've ever listened to. people talk about podcast host reply guys? how many of those sued a podcast, made a judge order them to stop releasing episodes, then got a settlement agreement stipulating an episode be released with them as a guest, discussing the back and forth of the case with only polite disagreement, having apparently no idea how completely unhinged and deserving of a fatal wedgie they sound.

i guess a good settlement gives both sides what they want and it seems like coach got to make everyone hear how he was right and good, and the podcast got incredible evidence they could show everyone that, yes, All Lawyers Are Bastards.

I don't think they got ordered to stop releasing episodes. They just got spooked because they got sued and they're attorneys so they know the worst-case scenario.

They had to be ordered to release episodes again, really, because their settlement included letting Coach be a guest on a new episode. Judicial activism I can get behind. Someone else sue them so they'll finish the Glenn Beck series.

PostNouveau has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Jun 29, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

coach rules, episode rules. absolute top-shelf rear end in a top hat

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
true anon alien episode. the entire thing is anti-alien 😡

liz is a true believer tho

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

err posted:

true anon alien episode. the entire thing is anti-alien 😡

liz is a true believer tho

AAAB

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it'll be a while before I get to listen but I'm assuming the episode will mainly be talking about UFOs being a smokescreen for various intelligence and aerospace projects and Liz will zig zag with revelations of having a blonde twink spirit guide from Sirius-A

yawn

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Christman's woo woo nonsense has really picked up steam

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Doc Hawkins posted:

coach episode was good

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i didnt say the episode was bad, but i do say coach, the guy, is bad.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
reserved

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Cancelled

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Christman's woo woo nonsense has really picked up steam

let the big man cook.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

crisp mattman

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
fat chipman

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
matt's stuff isnt that bad, he hyasnt mentioned it lately in the vlogs and iirc its basically just some variotion of class consciousness

also liz basically said aliens probably exist and they may have been to earth in some form. nothing crazy

err has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Jun 29, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Here's the correct aliens take - aliens unquestionably exist, but they have almost certainly never been to Earth (barring maybe microorganisms carried on meteorites or something, but not intelligent life from beyond the solar system).

I feel like a lot of aliens speculation requires that people not really comprehend how big space is. There is a very good chance that no technology that will ever allow organisms to have any sort of "interstellar civilization" in the way it's portrayed in science fiction (and most ideas of aliens visiting Earth, which are heavily influenced by said science fiction), just due to the way space and time are related. I think another factor, along with science fiction, is that the 20th century gave a lot of people the extremely wrong idea that interstellar travel is just some natural "next step" that comes after things like "flight" and "traveling to the moon." There's this assumption that it's inevitable, because "people used to think flight was impossible."

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the correct take is that aliens exist and mass effect is real

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they aren't aliens. they didn't cross the vast void of interstellar space. they're from here. but they ain't human.:spooky::spooky::spooky:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

aliens are real and are slowly making humans gayer and gayer so we'll fit in with all the other cool commie-aliens

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

they're merpeople, they live down at the bottoms of ocean trenches, and yes, they're gay

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

Here's the correct aliens take - aliens unquestionably exist, but they have almost certainly never been to Earth (barring maybe microorganisms carried on meteorites or something, but not intelligent life from beyond the solar system).

I feel like a lot of aliens speculation requires that people not really comprehend how big space is. There is a very good chance that no technology that will ever allow organisms to have any sort of "interstellar civilization" in the way it's portrayed in science fiction (and most ideas of aliens visiting Earth, which are heavily influenced by said science fiction), just due to the way space and time are related. I think another factor, along with science fiction, is that the 20th century gave a lot of people the extremely wrong idea that interstellar travel is just some natural "next step" that comes after things like "flight" and "traveling to the moon." There's this assumption that it's inevitable, because "people used to think flight was impossible."
well yes but that's not as fun as believing in the astral plane of aliens coming to probe my rear end in a top hat wide open. radar

while they have almost certainly never been to earth, it is possible for some kind of self-exploring von neumann probes (even if not completely self-replicating) to have come by like the way we can send probes to europa or something. probably not and that's also boring but infinitely more likely than actual aliens (which is 0)

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

yeah any alien entity advanced enough to develop interstellar travel is so far beyond our capability and understanding that we'd be like amoeba to them

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Cael posted:

Ian Jordan and Tim all saying “LOOK we all agree that high school nurses are peer pressuring teenagers to start HRT and also it’s entirely free to them” was certainly when my perception changes

but of course I’m still listening *horse click*

i finally know who these people are thanks to that latest public feed stavvys world and they are for sure the most hosed up comedy morons with a podcast i have heard so far. there has to be some threshold where someone becomes incapable of recording and releasing things, but i guess the bar keeps dropping as tools and services become easier to use.

extremely funny, though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
bein ian rules

lemonparty and bein ian have replaced cumtown

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i only believe in ATLiens

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

here's the correct aliens take -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUoE6tJP1w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

If aliens evolved early enough, maybe they could get here without ftl. Like id you had the tech to scoop hydrogen for fuel and hollow and spin an asteroid, you could just have seed colonies going in all directions at sub c speeds. And then that process would just continue forever cause each seed is essentially independent without ftl travel or communication.

Like if earth was a million million times bigger and just the same seas and islands patterns, humans would eventually get to all the islands. It’s just a matter of time. Basically you need to be able to build a starship that can build another starship just from stuff it finds in space and you’re golden