Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did you try killing your internet connection? It hasn't crashed for me since I did that, but lol not exactly a long term solution. I reinstalled the game and it's still doing the same poo poo if I have my internet on.

I did this; was able to at least play a training match. But when I tried to make a moveset for a CAW ... CRASH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

DuhSal posted:

I hope they patch this game quickly for the ps4.. I can’t even play anything without crashing. Cool game guys..

Have you seen the New York Subway Rat Man though?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How the heck do I do a suicide dive???

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

If your character has the tope skill, run and hit X+A at the same time as you hit the ropes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Need to have the tope skill, which also tells you which buttons to press (x+square I think)

Efb

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

If your character has the tope skill, run and hit X+A at the same time as you hit the ropes.

I JUST happened upon that exact combo after trying every other button, thanks!

Played one online match and lost as Penta against Jericho. The fucker kept moving too quickly when I had my special and I never got to package piledrive his rear end :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

EdsTeioh posted:

Well, he did get angry watching Fenix lose in the first ep of Lucha Underground and refused to watch anymore of it, so yes, that's accurate.

If there's one thing i know about LU, it's that Fenix was indeed buried forever.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did you try killing your internet connection? It hasn't crashed for me since I did that, but lol not exactly a long term solution. I reinstalled the game and it's still doing the same poo poo if I have my internet on.

I haven’t done that yet but I find it pretty dumb that this is even a thing! I know many games release unfinished now but this is so stupid

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Jonny Nox posted:

Have you seen the New York Subway Rat Man though?

I think I passed him by yea.. he stinks!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Put Marko Stunt in the game and let me give him Paul Wight's moveset

you fuckin cowards

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Put Marko Stunt in the game and let me give him Paul Wight's moveset

you fuckin cowards

you do it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
just had Yuka pin CM Punk.
Game rules

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

you do it

sigh, fine

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DuhSal posted:

I haven’t done that yet but I find it pretty dumb that this is even a thing! I know many games release unfinished now but this is so stupid

No argument here. It's kind of baffling and happens with such frequency that I wonder if they did any testing on this thing at all.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It's always worse on last gen hardware. Newer games seem to not get tested on it so much.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crazy how a game on a decade old console wasnt tested as much lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
PS4 users, clean your lint traps

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Can you not do the top rope Frankensteiner as a finisher!!??

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Having screwed with it awhile the actual gameplay here is sound, so the core of it is fun and I'm hopeful for the future.

But boy, the CAW is a humongous bummer. There's so few assets to play with, not nearly enough ability to modify them, and some quality of life stuff that's just baffling. Not having community sharing is one thing, that poo poo's complicated, but the fact that there's no way to, say, sort moves, meaning every time you apply a finisher or signature you just have to scroll through an alphabetical list of every single move in the game one page at a time, is just wild.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you ordered on amazon right, have you gotten a delivery date?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Suplex Liberace posted:

you ordered on amazon right, have you gotten a delivery date?

First it was yesterday, then they delayed it to tomorrow, so we'll see.

Ps4, if that helps your data points.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

First it was yesterday, then they delayed it to tomorrow, so we'll see.

Ps4, if that helps your data points.

hmm my date just changed to july 24.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alaois posted:

Crazy how a game on a decade old console wasnt tested as much lol

Two decade old game on a decade old console, it should run amazingly if you do the math

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

CarlCX posted:

Having screwed with it awhile the actual gameplay here is sound, so the core of it is fun and I'm hopeful for the future.

But boy, the CAW is a humongous bummer. There's so few assets to play with, not nearly enough ability to modify them, and some quality of life stuff that's just baffling. Not having community sharing is one thing, that poo poo's complicated, but the fact that there's no way to, say, sort moves, meaning every time you apply a finisher or signature you just have to scroll through an alphabetical list of every single move in the game one page at a time, is just wild.

It's astounding that they somehow have an even worse method of applying moves than WWE games do but here we are in 2023 I guess

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There are profiles where they have a piece of trivia about each wrestler. Orange Cassidy's is a vague way of saying, "Dude used to be Fire Ant."

Penta enjoys reading. He and Zangief should hang out.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just your classic 7 star battle royal match

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Road to Elite mode kinda sucks but the Yakuza style vignettes where you go look at a jpeg of the Lincoln memorial with PAC are so bad they wrap around to being hilarious.

I like that they committed to supporting this game but this really feels like they're owed a second attempt with a newer roster and more fleshed out everything because I don't know how long I can stay interested in this if all they're doing is slowly adding new wrestlers over time. I will say though the FTR models look really good so hopefully that means they got better at making them over time and the newer ones coming out as dlc will look better than some of the current roster.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

First day's opinion seems to be in line with the thread's. The game's not good. It's definitely not bad, either, not at all, and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy playing it for a while, but it's clunky and lacking in ways that are hard to just ignore while you play.

That said, I'm definitely going to get more play out of it than I've gotten out of any WWE game in years.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
How long was this in dev for? About 2.5 years right?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

How long was this in dev for? About 2.5 years right?

That sounds about right.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Hell yeah, Malakai's got his Amenra theme. :black101:

Instrumental loop, but still rad.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

disaster pastor posted:

First day's opinion seems to be in line with the thread's. The game's not good. It's definitely not bad, either, not at all, and I'm sure I'm going to enjoy playing it for a while, but it's clunky and lacking in ways that are hard to just ignore while you play.

That said, I'm definitely going to get more play out of it than I've gotten out of any WWE game in years.

I would say the game is is good. I've played many bad wrestling games. This is a good one

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Seems like the fan consensus is that the game is fun to play but severely hampered by lack of polish and features. I'm still excited to play the game though.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm guess I'll have less in-game hours in Fight Forever than any given WWE game but far more Actually Playing time because like 95% of the "fun" of WWE games is making CAWs and watching the CPU fight

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
as a lowly ps4 user, the other games I've gotten that were also released on ps5 ran just fine on ps4.. if they had the idea to even bother to put it on ps4 than they should at least make sure it loving works and doesn't crash just trying to play a match. but maybe I'm crazy I DUNNO!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I'm guess I'll have less in-game hours in Fight Forever than any given WWE game but far more Actually Playing time because like 95% of the "fun" of WWE games is making CAWs and watching the CPU fight

This sounds about right. With the WWE games I'll put his info tweaking Universe or CAWs or creating belts or arenas but maybe 5% of that time is actually playing the wrestling part. I guess that's as emblematic of WWE as it gets.

DuhSal posted:

as a lowly ps4 user, the other games I've gotten that were also released on ps5 ran just fine on ps4.. if they had the idea to even bother to put it on ps4 than they should at least make sure it loving works and doesn't crash just trying to play a match. but maybe I'm crazy I DUNNO!

Yeah, I don't care how old the hardware is. I've never had a game crash this much on me, ever. It's literally at least once a session.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like the gameplay a lot. Easy controls, moves fast, has button mashing. Just feels like a good old arcade style wrestling game. I don’t need simulation wrestling in my video games or kick out mini games or the weird feature in WWE games where you have to painstakingly recreate a moment from a John Cena match.

Haven’t gone into the story mode but I’ll probably play it a lot casually and online because it’s easy to pick it up and play a few matches.

Definitely could stand to have some quality of life improvements like full entrances and character creation but maybe that will come as a DLC thing or a version 2 of the game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Just your classic 7 star battle royal match

it funny that they designed that part of the interface to be centered for 5 stars, then someone told them that it needs to be out of 7 stars instead, and they just added two onto the end. unless you are making a joke digital jedi. i don't know the game myself. anything is possible.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Should have followed AEW Games on Twitter, they were giving away the game for free:

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1674470817164304397

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

They don’t seem to, no.

It also means unless you play through it on the highest difficulties any created wrestler you make is hobbled, because you will end up with less points so less skill buys overall.

I finished up a normal difficulty play through and my guy had 52 stat skills, 8 action skills and 3 passive skills which puts me roughly on par with the actual roster ‘job guys’ as far as overall scope of abilities is concerned.

Compared to some actual roster characters from default:

Jobbers:
Scorpio Sky: 45 stat, 8 action, 7 passive
John Silver: 46 stat, 4 action, 8 passive

Main event guys:
Chris Jericho: 70 stat, 7 action, 22 passive
Kenny Omega: 80 stat, 9 action, 23 passive

Any idea how many stat points you bank after finishing on Harder difficulties? The CAW mode is so depressingly barebones, it almost doesn't seem worth it making a new wrestler.