Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
go spurs baby love los spurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vox Nihili posted:

I wonder if he still commands superstar trade value

in this market??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sixers should trade harden for wemby.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i have started watching ladies basketball because it is a basketball game that i can put on the tv and all their team names are way better than the boys league

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

yeah man

I’m feeling good

i had to see what was posted in the last thread

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i have started watching ladies basketball because it is a basketball game that i can put on the tv and all their team names are way better than the boys league

and the logos too

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the bitcoin of weed posted:

same i'm enjoying it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1674900753859719175?s=20

cappy cap

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ESPN got rid of JVG while keeping Mark Jackson? This is awful

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ClassActionFursuit posted:

ESPN got rid of JVG while keeping Mark Jackson? This is awful

they're both bad so technically it's a step in the right direction

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did anyone have FVV getting 40 million a year

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Rockets, huh? Does his salary match with Harden's?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yes but fvv can’t be traded by Houston for awhile

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

yeah, that's about what I expected him to get. he's not a superstar that can carry a team but he's the prototype "second banana max" guy

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

yeah, that's about what I expected him to get. he's not a superstar that can carry a team but he's the prototype "second banana max" guy

we have anthony davis at home

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Rockets needed a guard and FVV is underrated

What I don't understand is Jerami Grant getting 5 years $160M. wtf?????? Are they just going to run it back but with Scoot Henderson?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

they're both bad so technically it's a step in the right direction

I like Van Gundy as the whiny New Yorker. Much better announcer than Stan Van Gundy and certainly Mark Jackson

The only redeeming quality of Jackson was the banter between him and JVG so it's completely non-sensical

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Rockets needed a guard and FVV is underrated

He's overrated if he's getting the max.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

They have several young players that don't really have good instincts and FVV is a solid 7 assist/2 turnover passer who can shoot very efficiently from the outside. This reminds me of the Brunson pickup where I think it will pay much greater dividends than people expect

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Vox Nihili posted:

He's overrated if he's getting the max.

If the Rockets are in a position to the contend in the period Fred VanVleet is clogging the books, Houston will consider that a success.

I think it's good for Houtston when the alternative was bringing back James Harden. Fans might want early onset nostalgia, but their developing players need to improve on defense as a unit and FVV can help them.

Especially with Harden picking up his player option, by the way I am happy for the Sixers who seem poised to snag a prospect as a parting gift for the point beard, the Rockets would have given up picks or players to fill that need in their reloading. Houston will also be happy to have the guy who already has a ring, instead of a guy who may fancy chasing a ring

Yossarian-22 posted:

They have several young players that don't really have good instincts and FVV is a solid 7 assist/2 turnover passer who can shoot very efficiently from the outside. This reminds me of the Brunson pickup where I think it will pay much greater dividends than people expect

:hmmyes:

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

happy to see dray back.

was considering the merits of jock landale or playing ayton as power forward there for a moment.

hifi posted:

we have anthony davis at home

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what happened to jordan poile is he dead

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

fart simpson posted:

what happened to jordan poile is he dead

he is dead, rip

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

I like Van Gundy as the whiny New Yorker. Much better announcer than Stan Van Gundy and certainly Mark Jackson

The only redeeming quality of Jackson was the banter between him and JVG so it's completely non-sensical

I agree with all of this except I'd also say that JVG color commentary is one of my top 3 things I like about the NBA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you aren’t using Twitter anymore https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37852244/nba-free-agency-2023-latest-deals-news-buzz-reports

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Under-19 FIBA World Cup Semi-Final

United States
G #4 Kylan BOSWELL
F #5 Cody WILLIAMS
F #11 Tobe AWAKA
F #7 Ian JACKSON
F #15 Omaha BILIEW

France
F #8 Mevin AJINCA
F #10 Zaccharie RISACHER
C #20 Alexandre Dam SARR
G #21 Alexandre BOUZIDI
F #25 Zacharie PERRIN

A lot of these forwards are six eight or six nine and will grow into centers. I think the best American in this tournament is Awaka. The winner here faces the winner of Turkey vs Spain.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

hey euph, the wolves signed Shake Milton. they are saying he's a combo guard but can he actually run the point?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

not really. he doesn’t have much imagination. can’t really run an pnr. gets flustered by a press

he’s good at getting a shot off against weak defenders

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i like when nba teams sign euro league stars. good for the kings and good for the thunder.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
shake milton is really good at scoring, but he should be a way better defender with his 7'+ wingspan.

I thought the Milton-Melton backcourt they had in November was much better than the Harden-Maxey combo all season. Probably would have made it past the Celtics with that lineup

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

ESPN posted:

July 1
12:30 p.m. ET: While the Miami Heat is Damian Lillard's preferred destination, he also has a strong respect for the San Antonio Spurs organization, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. The Spurs recently drafted Victor Wembanyama with the first overall pick in the NBA draft, who is projected to be a franchise-changing player.

Dame betting big on Wembenyama. love to see it

let's go spurs, love the spurs

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dame wants out, it was inevitable. It’s sad but understandable, blazers just aren’t trying to compete and honestly I don’t think they can with the current coach and front office. I’ll root for him wherever he lands as long as it isn’t the lakers which doesn’t seem in the mix anyway. Hope he gets his ring, dudes just been an absolute joy to watch over the last decade

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

the final two minutes of this france usa u19 game was turnover town. what was a tie game for quite a while in the fourth blossomed into a five point france lead because france shot better threes. there was a block and then a jump ball tie-up that led to a possession arrow turnover than a steal. with ten seconds left france take two shots to ice the game and knock out the united states.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

According to Haynes (via Twitter) the Heat and Nets are the preferred landing spots for the former No. 6 overall pick. Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports adds (via Twitter) that no other teams – including the Sixers – are on Lillard’s wish list for now, though Shelburne (Twitter link) adds that he has a “deep respect” for the Spurs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sixers finally got Patbev

it took too long !

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RIP Blazebros

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

sixers finally got Patbev

it took too long !

boo I wanted him back on the wolves

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rockets are going nuts and overpaying everyone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

rockets on a rampage

but they never drafted a star ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Sixers stink Embiid needs to demand a trade today.