Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Honestly the hit to Branded Fusion isn't that bad either.

Flair posted:

The Limit on Virus is pretty telling that Lady Labrynth is coming soon.

Denko Sekka about to be put back into 8-Axis decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm surprised they don't simply slap Ronintoadin with a ban.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flair posted:

Looks like Master Duel dislikes the performance of Branded, Floo, Spright, and Tearlaments. Nonetheless, the Tearlament and Spright hits are not that bad; mostly hits on consistency. The Limit on Virus is pretty telling that Lady Labrynth is coming soon.

Lmao im already running sulliek at two, get owned banlist

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Oh wait i read that wrong, get owned me

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I just realised they still haven't hit Spright Elf. I'm guessing they're terrified of giving people more free UR dust than absolutely necessary.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Topped my local tourney tonight 4-0 undefeated with Mikanko Kaiju. Worst matchup was floo but I won in time, blew out the final round which was Labrynth by top decking lightning storm and finishing with the Double-Edged Sword OTK. Definitely recommend for a decent deck that doesn't need to rely on extra deck that can go first or second and can't wait for it to come out in master duel

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hizke posted:

Topped my local tourney tonight 4-0 undefeated with Mikanko Kaiju. Worst matchup was floo but I won in time, blew out the final round which was Labrynth by top decking lightning storm and finishing with the Double-Edged Sword OTK. Definitely recommend for a decent deck that doesn't need to rely on extra deck that can go first or second and can't wait for it to come out in master duel

wheres the decklist

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kild posted:

wheres the decklist

Too lazy to do a video, made a quick and dirty deck list here: https://ygoprodeck.com/deck/1st-place-undefeated-locals-mikanko-kaiju-332725

Brief thoughts on the match ups, and there are way better cards for the sides and extra deck you could put in but ultimately the extra deck is pot of extravagance juice to wring for that sweet draw 2 nectar. Droll can be brutal against the deck, but there are ways to play around it. The key with the deck is patience. Getting skill drained can suck but there are ways to play around it.

it's a fun deck and the most expensive cards are Ohime and water arabesque, but the extra deck you really don't need to worry about. If you have Baronne, it's worth playing. Any of the level 7 Kash monsters are cheap and free special summons if you have an empty board, if you have that and an ash in hand, you have baronne for basically free. In my games I didn't go into the extra deck once. So basically the main investment is the 3 ohime and maybe I personally went with 2 water arabesque, as you can search it out easily so it feels too bricky to have 3.

It is a relatively budget friendly meta competitive deck, in my opinion and it's a lot of fun to blow up your opponent with their own battle damage. My final game was versus labrynth, top decked lightning storm going second, cleared his backrow which was d barrier and skill drain, equipped his lovely lab with double edged sword and swung for 10k for game.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
started playing flower cardians, is there a way to extend even farther, i wanna deck out maxx c users. i dont even care about endboard i just want it to happen once. For Fun

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
not going to complain about maxx c but i will definitely yell at the MD banlist after having two people topdeck Grass Looks Greener against me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rye on white posted:

started playing flower cardians, is there a way to extend even farther, i wanna deck out maxx c users. i dont even care about endboard i just want it to happen once. For Fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INq8CsC940

You can find a lot of videos of people using Flower Cardians to do just that. The exact term you're looking for is Maxx "C" Challenge.

As in "I activate Maxx C." "Challenge accepted."

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
nibiru + comic hand is such a funny OTK combo when it happens

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

nibiru + comic hand is such a funny OTK combo when it happens

It’s the Yugioh equivalent of reverse-pickpocketing a live grenade into someone’s pants.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Konami doing this death-by-a-thousand-hits murder of Floo is the stupidest poo poo. Either kill the deck like you're clearly trying to or let it exist in peace considering it hasn't been a problem since statue was banned.

Also of course, the casual 87.8% Maxx C usage rate is A-OK! :cheers:

Syenite fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jun 29, 2023

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Syenite posted:

Konami doing this death-by-a-thousand-hits murder of Floo is the stupidest poo poo. Either kill the deck like you're clearly trying to or let it exist in peace considering it hasn't been a problem since statue was banned.

Also of course, the casual 87.8% Maxx C usage rate is A-OK! :cheers:

Don't worry - they'll probably move on to killing Tear by-a-thousand-hits for the foreseeable future. :v:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I really wonder how much people just snap scooping against Floo influences the statistics. Maybe it's that, or maybe it's just Konami loathing the idea of a decently competitive deck existing almost entirely without in-archetype URs.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The combination of it being very cheap and very straightforward to play probably leads to an inflated overall usage and winrate.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

the same thing happened with blue-eyes and shiranui on duel links for a while, they got frequent tiny banlist hits long after they were competitive just to try to convince people to play another deck

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The combination of it being very cheap and very straightforward to play probably leads to an inflated overall usage and winrate.

The statistics does not show the usage rate for Floo cards. The statistics only show that, in the previous season before maintenance, the floo cards had a slightly above winrate. (That being said, that win rate also applied to Exosisters in the statistics, and it probably has to do with Tearlament tier 0 meta from before the maintenance.)

Flair fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 30, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't worry - they'll probably move on to killing Tear by-a-thousand-hits for the foreseeable future. :v:

every maindeck tear card is limited or banned already lmfao. AND IT STILL IS WINNING

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this tryout event is why I finally crafted a Transmission Gear it owns so much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol if you steal an opponent's Orgoth you can activate it's effect again and add even more damage

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shoutout to all the losers playing Floo and Eldlich in the fun gambling event

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New MD banlist:

New solo gate:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What the gently caress?? Ally of Justice is sub-Genex for consistency, how the hell would you make a deck out of them? They don't even do light hosing properly, one of them self-destructs if it sees a light monster.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Glad to see expulsion banned. Guess we're finally getting the DW structure cards, in a way it's a shame to kneecap it before it releases but I'm also glad I won't have to play against setups that discard my entire hand turn 1

e: AoJ sucks but it's kindof cool they're doing more Duel Terminal lore

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Dabir posted:

What the gently caress?? Ally of Justice is sub-Genex for consistency, how the hell would you make a deck out of them? They don't even do light hosing properly, one of them self-destructs if it sees a light monster.

I believe some of Ally of Justice's assets have been in the files for a while, and I'm interested in seeing their solo gate because of exactly this. Ally of Justice suck, and don't even seem to be consistently designed; I wanna see Konami try to polish that turd and see what they think this thing's supposed to do.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyre a duel terminal archetype. Theres an entire storyline related to them, and they dont have to write up lore for them.

Konami could make a duel terminal gate like they did for world legacy but they havent.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So, with that emergency banlist featuring no Kashtira cards, the day that the next pack comes out, does that mean that we won't be getting Kashtira yet? I do hope that it'll include the cards from the Traptrix structure deck, so I can finally play my physical deck in Master Duel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dabir posted:

Judging by how they've done other gates, "clumsily merge them with an actually good archetype and desperately try to convince you that both decks are equally useful".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah sure archetype bad, where's my toon gate starring max pegasus konami

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Skios posted:

So, with that emergency banlist featuring no Kashtira cards, the day that the next pack comes out, does that mean that we won't be getting Kashtira yet? I do hope that it'll include the cards from the Traptrix structure deck, so I can finally play my physical deck in Master Duel.
Yeah I think we still have one more month before Kashtira. We'll probably get the new ninja and Labrynth cards based on leaks.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I thought the Ninja cards were already confirmed for a structure deck?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New selection pack:

New secret pack:

Skios posted:

I thought the Ninja cards were already confirmed for a structure deck?

Technically not confirmed but leaked.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

group chat name changed to "Catsle"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Is Destiny Board Labrynth actually a viable thing, or are we looking at another 'widest possible variance between strongest and weakest cards in a secret pack'?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Cleretic posted:

Is Destiny Board Labrynth actually a viable thing, or are we looking at another 'widest possible variance between strongest and weakest cards in a secret pack'?

I think it is to keep to a theme of Fiend archetype that heavily relies on a backrow and field spell to win. Also to inflate the chances of you getting Labrynth since an individual is likely to want one archetype over another rather than both.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
where's my drat bookclub secret pack

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i bought cardboard because i really want to play purrleys. help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Predictable, but it is likely we'll be getting the slew of insect support from PHHY in the new pack. Are there any Beetrooper/Insect pile lists out there that look good? Kinda hard to find stuff post-PHHY but pre-CYAC.