Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

A final fantasy with a strong environmental anti capitalist message wouild be so powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Unfortunately a crass commercial Japanese corporation like Squeenix would never make such a game

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
That's just FFVII

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

That's just FFVII

*whoosh*

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

That's just FFVII

wrong

its Kingdom Hearts

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dave the Diver hit 1.0 which means it's time to buy. Only 10% off right now but $18 seems very worth it from all the positive buzz I've read.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
I've been playing Parasite Eve on my Steam Deck (only have one sadly..) and it's been pretty cool. Pretty gruesome stuff its a lot like The Thing with all the body horror. Would love a remake it in the style of the new Final Fantasy's with the active combat

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Dave the Diver hit 1.0 which means it's time to buy. Only 10% off right now but $18 seems very worth it from all the positive buzz I've read.

Played a few hours last night but I can already tell it's gonna be a very fun game. Just an incredibly chill and charming game

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Been playing Honkai Star Rail since I needed a turn-based RPG fix and it's okayyyyyy. Its biggest crime is that it doesn't let you mash through dialogue.

The best thing going for it seems more like a side feature, a roguelike VR dungeon where your party picks a perk after every fight. The weakness/stagger system is cool; puts a lot of emphasis on party composition and you can stack different kinds of stagger status effects.

I'm worried I'm gonna hit a P2W wall pretty quick because some of the fights are already pretty tough, but I'll enjoy the ride while it's free

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

I've been playing Parasite Eve on my Steam Deck (only have one sadly..) and it's been pretty cool. Pretty gruesome stuff its a lot like The Thing with all the body horror. Would love a remake it in the style of the new Final Fantasy's with the active combat

one of my favorites games, I must have played through it half a dozen times in my teens. did the Chrysler building and all. I started playing it on my Deck but having to tap X constantly to find things hidden around the static backgrounds is a real drag. a community mod to fix that could really catapult it into the 21st century

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
anyone grab the 4x Dune Spice Wars? need more Dune, also I guess I’ll finally grab a copy of Stellaris for $9.99

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

dotas are a dead genre for good reason but carrying a team to victory while the 0/0/0 nasus whines and tries to surrender constantly it becomes briefly worth it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tiny kin owns its like what if chibi robo and pikmin both had no time limit and let you relax and explore

only negative i have on it is that the pikmin guys are little more than keys, like theres no light rts mechanics/fighting/etc to do with them but that can come in the sequel which i will day one.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Koirhor posted:

anyone grab the 4x Dune Spice Wars? need more Dune, also I guess I’ll finally grab a copy of Stellaris for $9.99

i have the Dune game

it's paced to be quite a bit faster than most 4x stuff, and I think it kinda doesn't have enough going on? It's fine, i got it at $30 and it felt more like a $20 game to me. If you like Dune, and you like 4x, but want something that doesn't take a literal age to complete a campaign, yeah it's pretty just ok

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Grey Fox posted:

Been playing Honkai Star Rail since I needed a turn-based RPG fix and it's okayyyyyy. Its biggest crime is that it doesn't let you mash through dialogue.

The best thing going for it seems more like a side feature, a roguelike VR dungeon where your party picks a perk after every fight. The weakness/stagger system is cool; puts a lot of emphasis on party composition and you can stack different kinds of stagger status effects.

I'm worried I'm gonna hit a P2W wall pretty quick because some of the fights are already pretty tough, but I'll enjoy the ride while it's free

Nah, like Genshin Impact everything except the hardest optional content is designed with f2p in mind. It's GaaS though, so expect it to take a really long time to get your party up to maximum power (don't forget to level up your characters, light cones, traces and relics! :shepicide: )

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

A final fantasy with a strong environmental anti capitalist message wouild be so powerful

The 90s was a wild time, people were worried about polar ice caps melting and poo poo.

Crazy right?

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

yeah I've been playing this too during calls. it's perfectly fine for free peons but it's definitely a mobile game with time gates you're gonna bump into once you get through the main story

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

man this little flying bullet spewing bastards in Brotato are ending all my runs.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

as for real games I've been playing songs of syx now that it got an update. that game is insane. so much poo poo in it. just a giant wad of city building content

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
How does Judgement stand up to the rest of the Yakuza series? Thinking if I should get the Judgement collection or just Lost Judgement. Speaking of the latter, is the DLC good?

e: Also thinking about getting Outer Wilds, Is the DLC worth it or should I play the base game and maybe pick it up later?

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 17:42 on Jun 30, 2023

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

alarumklok posted:

as for real games I've been playing songs of syx now that it got an update. that game is insane. so much poo poo in it. just a giant wad of city building content

what all was in the update? its been awhile since i played it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

How does Judgement stand up to the rest of the Yakuza series? Thinking if I should get the Judgement collection or just Lost Judgement. Speaking of the latter, is the DLC good?

1 is fantastic.
2's main campaign is a dud but the side stuff is cute.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

e: Also thinking about getting Outer Wilds, Is the DLC worth it or should I play the base game and maybe pick it up later?

It's extremely good.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ive had songs of syx on my wishlist forever but never got it because early access, twenty five bux, and nobody ever talks about it. whats the lowdown, whats the skinny

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

Al! posted:

ive had songs of syx on my wishlist forever but never got it because early access, twenty five bux, and nobody ever talks about it. whats the lowdown, whats the skinny

starts as a colony sim but never stops expanding and adding new administrative layers

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

what all was in the update? its been awhile since i played it

the big thing is the world map territories are now actual factions with leaders and important people, diplomacy, etc. you can assassinate people, make trade agreements

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

alarumklok posted:

the big thing is the world map territories are now actual factions with leaders and important people, diplomacy, etc. you can assassinate people, make trade agreements

oh poo poo, ty

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

it seems like there's a shitload more but I skipped v62/63 so I don't know what other stuff is new this version or was in the last one

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

alarumklok posted:

The arch of history bends towards Dwarf Fortress.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

It is a child of Dwarf Fortress, a sibling on RimWorld. This little ant farm simulator is the closest in spirit to DF and it's Legend Proc Gen. You scale from your 5X5 storage shed all the way up to world blanketing nation and it is insane.

I have watched like 3 different streamers attempt the early game and it just keeps scaling up up up

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

both judgments are good. I'd just get outer wilds base first and get the DLC if you're into it

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Lmaoooooooo CoD keeps being CoD https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1674827274753916928

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm not even halfway done with the main story of lost judgment because I tend to front load all the completion stuff as much as possible, but so far at least I'd say the prior game had a stronger main story but the sequel has a lot more goofy side poo poo to get into. I got distracted by a lot of irl/side hobby stuff but I'm back to trying to power through it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

sorry, cant read this

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

croup coughfield posted:

sorry, cant read this
then turn on embeds

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

then turn on embeds

Could just be the weird dumb thing with Twitter that just happened too.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

Grey Fox posted:

then turn on embeds

just gives a login page

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

sorry, cant read this

Activision doesn't want you to read izanami backwards

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Could just be the weird dumb thing with Twitter that just happened too.

croup coughfield posted:

just gives a login page
ok whatever

Talking about a new skin pack for CoD

quote:

For people asking where is the Izanami bundle, Activision renamed the bundle to Izzy. If you want to know why, spell the izanami name backwards.

There is not a confirmed release date for this bundle, but rumors suggest next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

genericnick posted:

Activision doesn't want you to read izanami backwards

seems to be some kind of technical problem, maybe. probably best not to post tweets until its ironed out. we want to stay inclusive and being inclusive means accommodating people who dont have twitter accounts