Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

looking forward to the new garfield cartoon directed by felix cosgrove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

teen witch posted:

I’m going to a show tonight and I’m legit a bit ticked off I can’t wear my platforms. Only regular combat boots for me

Who says you can’t

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

Who says you can’t

It’s at a venue I’ve yet to go to so in case poo poo gets weird, I can’t run in demonias. I can in these boots.

Last show I wore them at, i moshed successfully however turns out men do not like dealing with ball crunchers in the pit! As they should, stay out!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
"If ya can't take the heat, stay out of the ball-crunching boot pit" (?)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tree Bucket posted:

"If ya can't take the heat, stay out of the ball-crunching boot pit" (?)

Swedes don’t normally mosh too much, but the band playing was from loving upstate NY of all places, so unfortunately for them, I was absolutely in my element. “Tear poo poo up” say no more!

It was revenge for all the times I got sweaty headbanging hair in my mouth.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

teen witch posted:

It’s at a venue I’ve yet to go to so in case poo poo gets weird, I can’t run in demonias. I can in these boots.

Fair play then, I was gonna say I have an xl cane long enough to wear mine and gently caress the haters but that’s a valid concern. I can run in mine only like 30m before my ankle fucks right off and that’s assuming no stairs

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Is this flagged as "sensitive content" because orcas are now inherently terrifying to the rich or because some idiotic algorithm saw "NWS" and didn't parse it as New South Wales?

teen witch posted:

It’s my job as cold goth lady to make fun of you loving nerds and your “sensible” “shoes”

Excuse me ma'am but if Robert Smith Himself is able to wear sensible shoes onstage while performing with The Cure then I think anyone is allowed to wear new balances without losing gothness.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

<me wearing flip flops and white socks>

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

<me wearing flip flops and white socks>

guillotine

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I've already got one

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Is this flagged as "sensitive content" because orcas are now inherently terrifying to the rich or because some idiotic algorithm saw "NWS" and didn't parse it as New South Wales?

It's Twitter, so it's the 2nd one.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

teen witch posted:

I’m going to a show tonight and I’m legit a bit ticked off I can’t wear my platforms. Only regular combat boots for me

Man I'm 6'3 and as fun as platform boots would be I'm already way taller than the average person in this country and I'd look like a sheer nightmare with a few extra inches

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I'm 5'1 and the boot height arms race is making the problem worse

It is Very genre dependent whether people will be nice and let short girls go to the front. I've had dudes make a point of walking straight into me to get me out of their way, heads purposefully high to act like I don't exist

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

Kit Walker posted:

Man I'm 6'3 and as fun as platform boots would be I'm already way taller than the average person in this country and I'd look like a sheer nightmare with a few extra inches

6'3" is already above the threshold where you realize the world isn't made for us. Looking like a nightmare would be one thing but getting around at that height would be worse.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Killingyouguy! posted:

I'm 5'1 and the boot height arms race is making the problem worse

It is Very genre dependent whether people will be nice and let short girls go to the front. I've had dudes make a point of walking straight into me to get me out of their way, heads purposefully high to act like I don't exist

I get my cane kicked out from under me all the time at venues, far less so when I’m towering. However I’m admittedly very conscious of the space I’m taking up

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

laserghost posted:

Also if you are fat, ugly and have various unfashionable skin conditions, elegant clothes at least help balance/hide this

Here's me being skeptical.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
im still reeling at the idea that being fat ugly and having various skin conditions somehow stops you from wearing goth clothes instead of being necessary conditions. i think they might have gotten goths and scene kids confused

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

laserghost posted:

Because I'm an adult with adult responsibilities and work with other adults

Also if you are fat, ugly and have various unfashionable skin conditions, elegant clothes at least help balance/hide this

And finally, all the cool and fancy clothes with fun designs are XL at best

Hth

This is a little funny considering every time I go to goth weekend it's like 10% stunningly attractive people in very expensive and well put together outfits and 90% human factory rejects dressed in 90's hot topic factory rejects.

If you look weird you are an ideal fit for the goth look, because everyone looks weird, that's the best thing about it. The weirder you look the more you are winning at goth.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

ZixTheYeti posted:

Here's me being skeptical.

Hope you are going to have fun at the goth show, tell teen witch I said "hi"

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

My only experience with goths was with the ones in high school who regularly spent more money than anyone else on their clothes/makeup with the explicit goal to look exactly the same as every other goth then talked poo poo about the jocks' and preps' conformity and materialism

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My goth experience (possibly emo, she said goth) was dying my hair and pretending to like death cab in an attempt to date a goth friend of mine. it was entirely unsuccessful and i cried fatly

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

My only experience with goths was with the ones in high school who regularly spent more money than anyone else on their clothes/makeup with the explicit goal to look exactly the same as every other goth then talked poo poo about the jocks' and preps' conformity and materialism

Wow I bet you love South Park

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPE44MPNf2s

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

my goth phase was that i bought that lovely colored hair gel, it was red, someone told me i looked like a used tampon, then i went back to dressing like a schmuck

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Killingyouguy! posted:

then dads must bear the full brunt of fashion scrutiny too

"I accept this burden," I say as I leave the house not wearing a single article of clothing less than 10 years old.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Poldarn posted:

"I accept this burden," I say as I leave the house not wearing a single article of clothing less than 10 years old.

I need to serious post for a second bc whether or not the clothes are new is deeply beside the point, in fact new clothes often look much worse bc of fast fashions race to the bottom on construction and fabric quality. If your ten year old clothing fits you well and goes well together then stay slaying

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Re frame your 10 year old clothes as "vintage pieces"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

teen witch posted:

seriously why are you all dressing like that

Hey now, I don't wear that every day! That's the nice stuff, it's reserved for really dressy formal occasions when the cargo shorts and hoodie wouldn't do.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
jokes on you, I wear a dress, a cat tail, and programmer socks.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Amphigory posted:

Re frame your 10 year old clothes as "vintage pieces"

What about my 20 year old clothes?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

maybealabia posted:

What about my 20 year old clothes?

Period costume. Might be able to sell to reenactors.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
20 year old period panties should probably be retired

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Boba Pearl posted:

jokes on you, I wear a dress, a cat tail, and programmer socks.

What makes them programmer socks?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CzarChasm posted:

What makes them programmer socks?