Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ff9 is not cancelled it is on hold, he'll go back to it. he likes it a lot and with swirling rumors that there may be an ff9 remake coming, hopes are that that will be out by the time he gets back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

if any more goons misinterpret this stupidly i will cancel YOU :baby:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
after a 90 part FF16 lp woolie and waiting 5 months for a remake that's not coming woolie will get back to ff9 and remember literally 0 of the story and spend the back 30 episodes of it will just be him bumbling around getting lost.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I was gonna make that joke, but I assume they have notes or will just re-view the existing LP or have someone make a summary for them.

Also wait, how long have you had that avatar+custom title, Zen? I swear I saw someone else with that one the other day.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I was gonna make that joke, but I assume they have notes or will just re-view the existing LP or have someone make a summary for them.

Also wait, how long have you had that avatar+custom title, Zen? I swear I saw someone else with that one the other day.

It's Endorph's avatar. someone keeps buying it for other people as a Funny Joke.

I miss Melffy Rabby

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Okay, I'm glad Im not crazy. I just noticed there seemed to be a series of them (different character+instrument) and wasn't sure if people were trading them around or something.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Woolie went into it for a while on the podcast, but the TL;DR is:

He looked at the comments on the upload of the Demo videos, felt kinda tired of all the "ooh, can't wait for the LP in 10 years" comments, and decided rather than playing FFXVI on his own (which was the original plan), he's going to start his "clout era" where he tries to actually play current stuff when it's current, starting with XVI.

Edit: He also clarified that he's still loving FFIX, and he's got notes on the episodes and intends to recap himself when it's time for that LP to resume (which he promises it will)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Of course this is the one thing he's going to be spontaneous about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Very excited for the Woolie teaching Woolie about what's happened in a story he hasn't touched in months. Legit gonna be funny as hell

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DanielCross posted:

Woolie went into it for a while on the podcast, but the TL;DR is:

He looked at the comments on the upload of the Demo videos, felt kinda tired of all the "ooh, can't wait for the LP in 10 years" comments, and decided rather than playing FFXVI on his own (which was the original plan), he's going to start his "clout era" where he tries to actually play current stuff when it's current, starting with XVI.

Edit: He also clarified that he's still loving FFIX, and he's got notes on the episodes and intends to recap himself when it's time for that LP to resume (which he promises it will)
he has already hosed up by reading the comments

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

he has already hosed up by reading the comments

God yeah if nothing else that was a mistake on his part

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

everyone already forgot how fast he played Hi-Fi RUSH smh

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

beep by grandpa posted:

Elden Ring too.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

beep by grandpa posted:

Everyone already forgot that half the comments on Pat's streams for it were "this game was made for woolie can't wait for him to play it in 6 years"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im glad woolie's viewers give him poo poo

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

hopefully theyll give him tons of poo poo about taking 6 months to finish a game next

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Frankly, I'm kinda suprised he has viewers who can deal with his neurosis.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Elden Ring too.

HFR is like a 10 hour game and he played like a third of ER off camera.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

How long can that loving street fighter story mode possibly be anyway, fake final fight or not? 5 hours? 10?

Even with the woolie time tax there's no way world tour takes up a streaming slot for that long

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

Rody One Half posted:

How long can that loving street fighter story mode possibly be anyway, fake final fight or not? 5 hours? 10?

Even with the woolie time tax there's no way world tour takes up a streaming slot for that long

I think I remember Pat saying around 30 hours? And Woolie could probably easily add another ten to that I'm sure.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie will pause after every single NPC fight to explain what they could have done better.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
You're also all forgetting lab time with infinite style x moveset variations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rody One Half posted:

It's like 20 to 40 hours depending on how thorough you want to be. It has levels and you need to grind some I think at the backend if you are just mainlining it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's a full open world action rpg, also comes with a fighting game

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Woolie's not even making hosed up gremlins and monstrosities with the character creator so that every cutscene is 10 times more weird and awkward so what's the point

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

DanielCross posted:

I think I remember Pat saying around 30 hours? And Woolie could probably easily add another ten to that I'm sure.

Another 10? FFVI was a 30 hour game and he took 100+ on that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie is going to do the exact same thing he does with every character creator and make himself.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rody One Half posted:

Woolie is going to do the exact same thing he does with every character creator and make himself.

its valid for a dude who is always well represented in media / character creators

but bless the people who go full on monster factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alh_ToJu28

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTlrnTWGnTQ

The full context, for anyone who still wants it

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

What's funny is Woolie made a less idealized version of himself this time.

EDIT: Does anyone have a link to Pat reacting to the homo-genius playlist? I can't find it on Youtube.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 5, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/HatokTalk/status/1676625193224253440

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

how do i make that my desktop bg

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Gotcha!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That very much seems like the face of someone that pulled a surprise cross country move and a surprise baby expecting the other shoe to drop and kick him square in the balls.

Though I think about the only way Woolie could top him would be to either announce that he’s doing the podcast inside pat’s house and/or that he’s actually been dead for months and everything has been an extremely elaborate and specific pre o recorded message.

E - I did the former with a DND group one time, would recommend. Skyped in from the GM’s spare bedroom and then came downstairs for snacks when we took a break. The other players thought I had moved and the GM and I figured we’d make the most of it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I could see Paige being able to set up Woolie being in Pat's office unnoticed, yes. Woolie can probably get away with "poo poo's wack with my setup, no camera feed for me this week" maybe do it two weeks in a row so he doesn't suspect.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A video of that ukele apology youtube sex pervert chick just surfaced of her singing a beyonce song on stage literally in blackface and my first thought was how somewhere someplace a woolie up in the sky just earned its wings :angel:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

beep by grandpa posted:

A video of that ukele apology youtube sex pervert chick just surfaced of her singing a beyonce song on stage literally in blackface and my first thought was how somewhere someplace a woolie up in the sky just earned its wings :angel:
My face just did the same thing Pat's face did when I read this post

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I dont know anything about FF16, but seeing both of these on my youtube homepage fairly close together felt funny.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Pat's at the point he's just skipping all the dialogue in side quests in 16 on stream.

Can't wait to hear him complain about them next week on the podcast :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
From what I've seen so far, those side quests are at lot of collecting 10 bear asses and delivering them across the map.