Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Robot Style posted:

Speaking of G1 toy accuracy, one of these days it would be cool to see versions of the characters that reinterpret the original toys rather than their animation models.

Wheeljack with gorilla arms and a visor instead of a mouthplate

You could do the visor at least with a headswap from Exhaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Nodosaur posted:

yeah, because it's based on the movie, which follows after the cartoon that screwed up

No, the movie guy is Rumble, I'm talking about Studio Series Core Class Rumble (Blue), he's extremely distinct.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

Hirofumi Ichikawa did a doujinshi like this

Made Banzaitron awesome too

Got a link? I really dug Linkage back in the day.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

Got a link? I really dug Linkage back in the day.

I have no idea where to find it nowadays sadly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nodosaur posted:

yeah, because it's based on the movie, which follows after the cartoon that screwed up
you deserve RIBFIR

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yes. Give me more hate. Let my power grow.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

you deserve RIBFIR

While I am a stout FIRRIBite, I have no quarrel with those who follow the doctrine of FIBRIR, we are all children of the Matrix. But calling it "RIBFIR" is vile savagery. I believe you would punch a baby.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay enough about which color Soundwave's children are

My friend MinerEdgar who drew Wheeljack did a Downshift for me for a bit extra

Colors and weapons are based on the Cybertron toy (who looked like Wheeljack) and the head is based on G1 Omnibot Downshift.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Runble is red

Thundercracker is blue

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MegatronThundercraker must have been in the pool.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Moai Ou posted:

Runble is red

We need Runble out there like yellow Cliffjumper and red Bumblebee.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

That is the saddest excuse for a fusion cannon I have ever seen. I am shocked and appalled.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Went to Best Buy to pick up a pc part, and this guy was on the shelf. I couldn't say no.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nodosaur posted:

Colors and weapons are based on the Cybertron toy (who looked like Wheeljack) and the head is based on G1 Omnibot Downshift.

I’m imagining the little rings on his feet clinking with every step. Jingle jangle

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Joe Fisto posted:

Went to Best Buy to pick up a pc part, and this guy was on the shelf. I couldn't say no.

Can't blame you, that is a good pick up.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Red is the color of violence, frenzy is a violent state of being. Blue is the color of calm, a soothing massage chair could be said to rumble. My logic is flawless.

Nodosaur posted:

Hirofumi Ichikawa did a doujinshi

Gesundheit

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Makes me chuckle they used the concept from the original cancelled Unicron.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The designers were asked to design a robot that becomes a planet and voiced by 1980s Orson Wells and made the most obvious conclusion.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can't believe they've done this

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
haslab unicron should have had a sound chip with a secret function that makes him go "mnnnaaaah! the french!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

e:oops, wrong thread

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Joe Fisto posted:

The ReAction figures don't transform, right? It's a cool find, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that figure, the packaging is so goofy I can't help but love it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Randalor posted:

The ReAction figures don't transform, right? It's a cool find, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that figure, the packaging is so goofy I can't help but love it.

It doesn’t transform sadly.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Nodosaur posted:

Beast Hunters Bulkhead?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Silhouette posted:

Beast Hunters Bulkhead?

My next comm is Bulkhead, but this isn't him, it's Downshift

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Such a strange altmode. I love it.

The thrusters are on backwards don’t cancel me please

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 2, 2023

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Custom it into a pen.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tattoo gun.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he sure is a... thing. Good plastic quality, him and Beachcomber are solid.

Senator Shockwave has some massive thrusters and a similar color scheme too, maybe they're related. The tiniest of "wings" strapped to those massive engines.

But what I really came to tell everyone is that Senator Ratbat's alt mode is Hortblack Desiato's stunt ship

https://imgur.com/a/hRfYP87

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

Doorstoputron hated his life

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah he sure is a... thing. Good plastic quality, him and Beachcomber are solid.

Senator Shockwave has some massive thrusters and a similar color scheme too, maybe they're related. The tiniest of "wings" strapped to those massive engines.

But what I really came to tell everyone is that Senator Ratbat's alt mode is Hortblack Desiato's stunt ship

https://imgur.com/a/hRfYP87

<tries touching it, fails>

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Joe Fisto posted:

I saw him in Forbidden Planet this week, looked at him, and just put him back. Better he go to a nerd that loves him than me going "okay but why tho?" forever.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I see 60 new posts and expect to hear about a sick new toy release and instead it’s nerds arguing about rumble and frenzy again. The real answer is it’s whatever color hasbro says it is in whatever media you are currently consuming and it’s only accurate to that particular piece of media. See also Pablo Wheeljack and various Michael Bay abominations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Clearly the correct answer is Rumble and Frenzy just enjoy loving with people and just flip a coin to see who goes out when Soundwave calls for one of them.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
First we crack the shell
Then we make people angry about our colour schemes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rhymenoserous posted:

I see 60 new posts and expect to hear about a sick new toy release and instead it’s nerds arguing about rumble and frenzy again. The real answer is it’s whatever color hasbro says it is in whatever media you are currently consuming and it’s only accurate to that particular piece of media. See also Pablo Wheeljack and various Michael Bay abominations.

Why did you start the argument again are you really that desperate for attention

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Joe Fisto posted:

Still better than poor Skullgrin.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Skullgrin's alt mode might not be great but the toy owns overall

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wish I could find one where somebody hadn't popped one or both of the horns off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Randalor posted:

Clearly the correct answer is Rumble and Frenzy just enjoy loving with people and just flip a coin to see who goes out when Soundwave calls for one of them.
This is how the IDW 2005 continuity seems to have handled it. Sometimes they're both just grey.