Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
SMH solemnly. I pity you caffeine needers. More victims of our abusive workaholic lifestyles.

Yes, I’m THAT rear end in a top hat! Mwwahahahah! :unsmigghh:

Edit: Goddamn, what a lovely snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I wouldn't need to drink so much coffee in the morning if I didn't drink so much liquor at night. And vice versa.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Saul Kain posted:

I nod sagely as I sip my giant first cup of coffee.

minimum size for me is a 12 oz everyday, drip ratio 1/15. love my coffee maker bro

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Soul Dentist posted:

I wouldn't need to drink so much coffee in the morning if I didn't drink so much liquor at night. And vice versa.

You gotta light the fires and then put them out.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Carth Dookie posted:

That'll get a response that could be anything ranging from ATACMS being authorised immediately after, all the way up to the Poles putting boots into Ukraine.

Go on Russia, be that stupid.
I suppose their plan might be "you may be able to kick us out, but we're going to destroy any fixed assets that would benefit you in any way on our way out! gently caress you!" the way blowing up that dam apparently is going to make the eastern oblasts way more drought-vulnerable. Rather than trying to do nuclear terrorism.

But we're talking about the Russian army, and the thing about a dam is that the only thing behind it is water, while these things...

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HelloSailorSign posted:

You gotta light the fires and then put them out.

Where does kicking the tires figure into this?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

One more thing about energy drinks: have a care if taurine is involved. A while back I started taking taurine supplements because I thought it'd improve my memory.

It didn't, but I did start getting really hair-trigger annoyed at people all the time. I stopped ASAP.

If this happens to you, you might want to switch to one without it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can scientists please look into the association of drinking 10 Monsters a day and chud behavior

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Can scientists please look into the association of drinking 10 Monsters a day and chud behavior

Monster is for Fox News watching cucks, real american patriots drink Bang Energy (featuring mystery chemicals).

Never seen rip-its and I have been to quite a few countries.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I spent my first deployment on an ANA FOB where we barely had any food to begin with so Rip Its were a luxury item. Every now and then we made the pilgrimage to the nearest US camp and we always made room in our vehicles to pilfer a few cases of Rip Its to restore the balance in the universe and make things right. On my last deployment they switched it to Pitbull or something like that and that is when I stopped drinking energy drinks and drank copious amounts of coffee instead.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
With any grace 15 years from now, in an old Soviet as gently caress city square surrounded by big Soviet era buildings in some Ukrainian city there will be a new war memorial to those who gave their lives to beat back the Russian invasion and liberate the Donbass and Crimea. The center of the memorial will be a plinth, and that plinth will have a Bradley on it.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Natty Ninefingers posted:

With any grace 15 years from now, in an old Soviet as gently caress city square surrounded by big Soviet era buildings in some Ukrainian city there will be a new war memorial to those who gave their lives to beat back the Russian invasion and liberate the Donbass and Crimea. The center of the memorial will be a plinth, and that plinth will have a Bradley on it.

Except nobody has really died in the Bradley’s so maybe it’ll still be an MTLB or BMP.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I wonder what the Russian military equivalent to Rip-Its is. Vodka mixed with coffee maybe?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I wonder what the Russian military equivalent to Rip-Its is. Vodka mixed with coffee maybe?

They're totally getting ConExs full of Rip-Its from us.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Natty Ninefingers posted:

I want a cast concrete mural with a HIMARS, M270, and like ten different artillery systems.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Computer viking posted:

I want a cast concrete mural with a HIMARS, M270, and like ten different artillery systems.

Then there can be controversy over whether Bohdana ought to be included!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Computer viking posted:

A soldier with an NLAW and a Javelin for fists. Or a mural in the renaissance style with drones dropping grenades instead of cherubs.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Jet fuel

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Oh yeah, that's right. It's wild that their MiG-25/31 MX airmen get drunk off of the cooling fluid.
I suppose we're the inverse, in that apparently it's a thing that USAF MX folks inhale oxygen from aircraft oxygen tanks to cure hangovers.

Jimmy Smuts fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 1, 2023

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I suppose we're the inverse, in that apparantly it's a thing that USAF MX folks inhale O2 from aircraft O2 tanks to cure hangovers.

It’s not just the USAF. That’s a line maintenance procedure the world over.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Whatever the alcohol-based radar coolant was for one of their planes, that airmen kept draining/distilling back into pure ethanol. Or the next nearest thing, if that’s not an option.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ugh I’m a Rockstar (sugafree orange) a day + coffee (1-2 black preferably room temp) a day or the brain bees settle in.
Usually a few drops of the flavor enhancer with caffeine to my water too.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Crab Dad posted:

flavor enhancer with caffeine

adding caffeine to meth seems unnecessary

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Crab Dad posted:

Usually a few drops of the flavor enhancer with caffeine to my water too.

I tried one of those a while ago, the serving size was "1-2 squirts" so I dumped a couple of huuuuuuge squeezes into a water bottle the first time and was basically in turbo mode the rest of the day.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
Purported shootdown of a Russian SU-25 two days ago by the Ukrainian 10th Mountain Assault Brigade "Edelweiss".

https://t.me/UkraineNow/35395

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Pikehead posted:

Purported shootdown of a Russian SU-25 two days ago by the Ukrainian 10th Mountain Assault Brigade "Edelweiss".

https://t.me/UkraineNow/35395

Wasn't this the one that the fighterbomber channel claimed was badly damaged but managed to fly back to base?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Bangs, Reigns, Ghosts, and Monster Rehab are all good.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Never really a fan of energy drinks, except for the agave flavored Full Throttles. I was more of a "grab one of every flavor of Mountain Dew for your 12-hour night shift" kind of guy.

Why yes, my mouth is more porcelain and metal than tooth. How'd you guess?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bang's CEO was hilarious and hilariously incompetent, managing to take the biggest new energy drink, and one with a novel niche of athletic focus, and throw the entire company into bankruptcy by being incapable of not constantly lying out both sides of his mouth. They're going to end up bought by Monster which is probably a bad thing for the industry with Monster now having slayed Bang and Rockstar, and with Redbull having been on the backfoot for so long. Although all the real growth is going to be foreign, god knows if Americans drank any more of the stuff we'd be looking at better investment opportunities in the cardiology space.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gaius Marius posted:

Bang's CEO was hilarious and hilariously incompetent, managing to take the biggest new energy drink, and one with a novel niche of athletic focus, and throw the entire company into bankruptcy by being incapable of not constantly lying out both sides of his mouth. They're going to end up bought by Monster which is probably a bad thing for the industry with Monster now having slayed Bang and Rockstar, and with Redbull having been on the backfoot for so long. Although all the real growth is going to be foreign, god knows if Americans drank any more of the stuff we'd be looking at better investment opportunities in the cardiology space.

Wait are they killing off Rockstar????

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
One cup of coffee at 0700, with half/half. Maybe multiple if its a 0200 call out. Maybe a pre-workout in the evening.. Sleep is already hard enough to get.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So long as redbull sells enough to fund all the cool redbull stuff they film

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Alani Nu is the newest energy drink I tried. Same size as a Red Bull, but has 200mg of caffeine in it. The red snd blue Slushie flavors are good.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Icon Of Sin posted:

Whatever the alcohol-based radar coolant was for one of their planes, that airmen kept draining/distilling back into pure ethanol. Or the next nearest thing, if that’s not an option.

it wasn't alcohol based it was just pure ethanol

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

CTRL-F "alcohol"
https://testpilot.ru/review/mig_pilot/ch_3.htm

quote:

Except for a television set, no recreational facilities of any kind were available to the enlisted men (or the officers, for that matter), and there was little they could do. There was much they were forbidden to do. They were forbidden to listen to a transistor radio, to draw pictures of women, to listen to records, to read fiction, to write letters about their life in the service, to lie or sit on their bunks during their free time (there was no place else to sit), to watch television except when political or patriotic programs were shown, and to drink. But drink they did, in staggering quantities, for alcohol was the one commodity available in limitless amounts.
To fly seventy minutes, the maximum time it can stay aloft without refueling, a MiG-25 needs fourteen tons of jet fuel and one-half ton of alcohol for braking and electronic systems. So wherever MiG-25s were based, huge quantities of alcohol were stored, and in the Soviet Air Force the plane was popularly known as the Flying Restaurant. And officers from surrounding bases — Air Force, Army, political officers — seized on any pretext to visit Chuguyevka and fill their bottles.

According to a story circulated at Chuguyevka, a group of Air Force wives, distraught over their husbands' habitual drunkenness, staked a protest at a design bureau in Moscow, appealing to it to design aircraft that would not use alcohol. Supposedly a representative of the bureau told the ladies, "Go screw yourselves. If we want, we will fuel our planes with cognac."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

See also the original Tu-22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKoHMXggEHU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

See also the original Tu-22.

That channel is a pro-click, they do legit great stuff,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU1f47SC_A8

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Russian commanders may look at this and think they need to pull some Tu-22's from whatever boneyard they are rotting away.

quote:

The Iraqi Air Force were particularly enthusiastic users of the gargantuan 9,000 kg (20,000 lb) FAB-9000 general-purpose bomb, which skilled Tu-22 pilots could deploy with impressive accuracy, using supersonic toss bombing techniques at stand-off distances and allowing the aircraft to escape retaliatory anti-aircraft fire.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The soviets were very lucky that by that time aircraft engines no longer used water-methane mixture injection (afaik). That would have totally incapacitated their air force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CeeJee posted:

Russian commanders may look at this and think they need to pull some Tu-22's from whatever boneyard they are rotting away.

9000kg general purpose??? I guess that's not untrue but kind of an understatement