Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SettingSun posted:

The tree waypoint is so close to being that. It just needs an occultist.

Yeah add a few more npc ghosts/heads on a string and call it good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
yeah a few more things right by the spooky tree would make it perfect, or just let us have guild halls we could customize and have vendors / training dummies, etc.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
make "t" go to the tree automatically also.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
WT2 is for people who only play the campaign & get to 50 before rolling a new character

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Level 64 and things are going well. I went with a firewall sorceress because some other goon in this thread was raving about them despite them not being "top tier" and I'm going to have to agree. Damage on bosses is a little light but blowing up groups is the most satisfying experience I've had in this game and my survivability is higher than any of my friends and it's not even close.

Still just getting settled in to this game, sifting through trash in the hopes of finding an item with that one extra stat I can actually use and levelling my glyphs.

One question I still haven't been able to answer for myself is, what exactly is the purpose of the tree outside of getting your very first nightmare sigil?

As far as the gear it rewards it seems just exclusively running nightmare dungeons is more adequate.

Aside from just being a bonus for running Helltide events, it doesn't seem to have much purpose.

Which is fine, but am I missing something, does it offer anything unique that other game modes don't?

I've always felt like they shouldn't have sigils drop from dungeons and that would give the tree true purpose, but then I start thinking I'm putting purpose ahead of fun for others. But objectives are fun for me, so I'm conflicted. I think I'd like to be forced to run tree events to farm keys, but I imagine this is not true for everyone.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
The tree gives you pretty good gear until you get into WT3. After that it's a bonus for stuff you were going to do anyway IMHO. Like I run tree dungeons that have a new aspect still at 66 even if I'm definitely not getting any upgrades from tree gear at this point.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Developer stream discussing D4 and Immortal next Thursday.

quote:

Multiple planes of Hell will converge in our upcoming Diablo Developer Update Livestream on July 6 at 11 a.m. PDT!

We’ll kick off this livestream with a deep dive provided by senior narrative designer Ryan Quinn and lead user experience designer Chris Liao on the monstrous new Class coming to Diablo Immortal in mid-July. Then our host, associate director of community Adam Fletcher, will introduce associate game director Joseph Piepiora and lead game producer Timothy Ismay who will announce the first Season of Diablo IV, along with incoming quality-of-life updates. Players will also have the opportunity to ask our developers questions during a live Q&A session at the end of the livestream.

Following the conclusion of this hell-packed livestream, we’ll update this article with a video on demand so you can catch all the invitingly dark details at your own pace. We’ll also publish 2 new articles which extrapolate on the topics introduced during both the Diablo Immortal and Diablo IV segments of the livestream.

ngl I thought Immortal was dead. But they're adding a new class to it?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jelly posted:

One question I still haven't been able to answer for myself is, what exactly is the purpose of the tree outside of getting your very first nightmare sigil?

Leveling alts who are skipping the campaign. Giving players a bit of an extra incentive to go traipsing around the overworld / hit dungeons for aspects they haven't done yet.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Substandard posted:

The tree gives you pretty good gear until you get into WT3. After that it's a bonus for stuff you were going to do anyway IMHO. Like I run tree dungeons that have a new sigil still at 66 even if I'm definitely not getting any upgrades from tree gear at this point.
Oh, I was under the impression that it unlocked at WT3 but I'm guessing from your context it must unlock after beating the campaign. I beat the campaign very close to 50 and unlocked the capstone rapidly and don't think I did any tree content until WT3.

I wonder if this will be a larger factor in seasons if it is not required to beat the campaign again. (e^ Got it)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

SettingSun posted:

Developer stream discussing D4 and Immortal next Thursday.

ngl I thought Immortal was dead. But they're adding a new class to it?

It probably makes a ton of money still. Even if it isn't a ton, it's almost certainly enough to justify continued support. Mobile game gambling is just printing money

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
they specifically talk about QoL coming to D4 in that news post.

loot filter please

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i am really tired of having all 3 shouts + berserk on my ww barb. really want to take one shout off an have a fourth skill but i can't choose. i have been considering the chains thing since i read that is significantly better after being patched, but the more i think about it, it's not that useful to the build.

ones i'm thinking about: jump, kick, chains, iron skin. does anyone have an opinion on this? top priorities on the build are shout cooldown reduction and fury generation. damage is great and survivability is acceptable at lvl 66 in wt4. honestly i have almost 100% uptime on shouts with the glyph and chieftain aspect.

i could use more fury only because i am using the capstone skill that makes core skills cost twice as much for double damage.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1674852842761506816

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Hell Yeah posted:

i am really tired of having all 3 shouts + berserk on my ww barb. really want to take one shout off an have a fourth skill but i can't choose. i have been considering the chains thing since i read that is significantly better after being patched, but the more i think about it, it's not that useful to the build.

ones i'm thinking about : jump, kick, chains, iron skin. does anyone have an opinion on this? top priorities on the build are shout cooldown reduction and fury generation. damage is great and survivability is acceptable at lvl 66 in wt4. honestly i have almost 100% uptime on shouts with the glyph and chieftain aspect.

i could use more fury only because i am using the capstone skill that makes core skills cost twice as much for double damage.

I have been running 3 shouts, Rend, Steel Grasp and Stomp with the Paragon boards that gives you fixed 10% on kill tog get 1s cooldown reduction on non ulti skills. It's good, especially if you go hard on the bleed>stun synergies. I've only been using it since Steel Grasp's fix though I can run tier 25 Nightmare Dungeons on a lvl62 character without too much risk (even if I have to drink a ton of pots agains bs poison stacking enemies like in Blind Burrows).

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Hell Yeah posted:

ones i'm thinking about : jump, kick, chains, iron skin. does anyone have an opinion on this? top priorities on the build are shout cooldown reduction and fury generation. damage is great and survivability is acceptable at lvl 66 in wt4. honestly i have almost 100% uptime on shouts with the glyph and chieftain aspect.

ive been running rally/challenge/death blow/wrath/lunging/ww with the weapon mastery capstone and i honestly like it more than just pure WW. lunging every 5s to keep might up, spinning for a while, death blowing some chump to refill what feels like my entire bar and then re-applying vuln is a lot more interactive even if its 15% less efficient than pure spin-to-win. with the mastery that gives you 200% extra damage on death blow and the 100% to bosses i frequently run to a boss, lunging, ww for the buff and death blow him for literally his entire health bar and thensome. its a lot of fun and death blow while sorta buggy has just a perfect sound and feel to it

edit: im doing this in 30+ NM in HC so its a completely viable build

edit 2: honestly wrath really doesnt feel that strong. its additive with berserk which is in the same bucket as all the non-vuln/crit damage so it feels like im doing like 8% more. i almost wanna replace it

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 30, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
if you drop down to 1 or 2 shouts only, you’d probably be better off changing the bold chieftain aspect to the one that gives you 6 fury/sec while berserking. not sure if it’d be worth running echoing either for the c/d reduction with only two. maybe if you’re running the unique chest and disembowel still?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

no poo poo you're still using death blow in the end game. i liked it while i was leveling but had not considered bringing it back. it does solve the fury problem and owuld be great for taking out 1 or 2 monsters i they're not bunched up how i like em

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

harrygomm posted:

if you drop down to 1 or 2 shouts only, you’d probably be better off changing the bold chieftain aspect to the one that gives you 6 fury/sec while berserking. not sure if it’d be worth running echoing either for the c/d reduction with only two. maybe if you’re running the unique chest and disembowel still?

i am running the unique chest (rage of harrogoth?) and disembowel is the next paragon glyph i'm slotting into my 3rd board.

edit: all that specific stuff is stuff i can work out once i've got the basic skills hammered out. i can figure out what i need/don't need by slotting in other things.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Hell Yeah posted:

no poo poo you're still using death blow in the end game. i liked it while i was leveling but had not considered bringing it back. it does solve the fury problem and owuld be great for taking out 1 or 2 monsters i they're not bunched up how i like em

lunging deathblow lunging deathblow is usually how i clear out the stragglers and its fun

i have the unique chest and temerity but i feel like i need to run three shouts and IS to use them because it would make me SO squishy lol

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Substandard posted:

I have like 5k iron so I'll have to try this. Thanks!

Yes, 20 at a time. Because resaons.
Probably the alchemist union capping the work hours.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I feel like I'm missing something on my WW build. The damage output isn't keeping up with 20s NM dungeons. I've got most of the usual builds and items, and I've tweaked the rolls to focus on crit chance, crit damage, and vuln damage modifiers. My paragon is the usual. My fury is fine once I get going, but the DPS is just... weak (on elites, they take FOREVER). I haven't been using the 'do 100% more damage for twice the fury' because when I find a small pack of critters I feel like I should just go die in a corner. My shouts refesh pretty quick and are almost always on while in packs..

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Philthy posted:

I feel like I'm missing something on my WW build. The damage output isn't keeping up with 20s NM dungeons. I've got most of the usual builds and items, and I've tweaked the rolls to focus on crit chance, crit damage, and vuln damage modifiers. My paragon is the usual. My fury is fine once I get going, but the DPS is just... weak. I haven't been using the 'do 100% more damage for twice the fury' because when I find a small pack of critters I feel like I should just go die in a corner. My shouts refesh pretty quick and are almost always on while in packs..

is your DPS weak even when the enemies are vuln? what level are you and can you take a pic of your stats and %dmg modifiers

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Just really wish there was a better way to work around the super rare aspects; there are tons of fun build ideas but grinding for good aspects & pieces to put them on (since you only get one shot) is fuckin EHHHHH

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Verviticus posted:

is your DPS weak even when the enemies are vuln? what level are you and can you take a pic of your stats and %dmg modifiers

Sorry, the DPS seems fine on normal mobs mostly, but now I am seeing 3-4 elites at a time and they take so long to kill, and it's a battle of attrition instead of just wrecking their poo poo like I was in T3 NM dungeons. I'm level 70 currently.

I'll see if I can get more detailed stat item stuff later when im off work. I'm just wondering if there is one major thing that I'm overlooking.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

idiotsavant posted:

Just really wish there was a better way to work around the super rare aspects; there are tons of fun build ideas but grinding for good aspects & pieces to put them on (since you only get one shot) is fuckin EHHHHH

do events and gamble for them

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

do events and gamble for them

using helltides.com to find the 2-3 nearest events and cycling through them caps me on obols a couple times per tide and gets me enough cinders to open up to 5 mystery chests. pretty decent xp if you stop to kill any elite packs/bosses between the events as well

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
So wait, potion effects simply disappear when you log out? Regardless of how much is left of their duration? I thought it was bad enough that their timer does not pause while in town and the like, but this is… :psyduck:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

MMAgCh posted:

So wait, potion effects simply disappear when you log out? Regardless of how much is left of their duration? I thought it was bad enough that their timer does not pause while in town and the like, but this is… :psyduck:

Wait til you find out what happens if you log out/crash/disconnect with an active nightmare dungeon.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
if you're soloing a helltide boss and accidentally mount up the boss resets to full HP

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MMAgCh posted:

I mean, they only last for a max of 30 minutes and they're so common I eventually stopped picking them up. I guess that sucks if you get disconnected and waste one but it's not like you can't just chug another once you log back in.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm a big dummy that only recently put the time in to find a board where I could trigger Exploit's guaranteed Vulnerable effect without the radius increase and boy, it's so good when a build that's been creaking along suddenly gets a second wind. Here we go, janky all-spender Rapid Shot build, it's your time to shine :unsmith:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

explosivo posted:

I mean, they only last for a max of 30 minutes and they're so common I eventually stopped picking them up. I guess that sucks if you get disconnected and waste one but it's not like you can't just chug another once you log back in.

this is true for most potions but the 900 armor one isn't craftable and is only found in helltides so losing those accidentally kinda sucks

not the biggest deal in the world but mildly irritating

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Philthy posted:

The damage output isn't keeping up with 20s NM dungeons… I haven't been using the 'do 100% more damage for twice the fury'

I think you answered your own question. If you can’t keep up fury with that passive focus equipment and paragons more on fury cost and regeneration.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Philthy posted:

I feel like I'm missing something on my WW build. The damage output isn't keeping up with 20s NM dungeons. I've got most of the usual builds and items, and I've tweaked the rolls to focus on crit chance, crit damage, and vuln damage modifiers. My paragon is the usual. My fury is fine once I get going, but the DPS is just... weak (on elites, they take FOREVER). I haven't been using the 'do 100% more damage for twice the fury' because when I find a small pack of critters I feel like I should just go die in a corner. My shouts refesh pretty quick and are almost always on while in packs..

i'd pick the doubl damage perk then work on fury generation. you've just now reached the level where you will find + resource generation on rings. my barb is about the same level, if a monster isn't dead in 1 second it's a boss. my problem is i can't find the mob density to keep my fury flowing.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Hell Yeah posted:

i'd pick the doubl damage perk then work on fury generation. you've just now reached the level where you will find + resource generation on rings. my barb is about the same level, if a monster isn't dead in 1 second it's a boss. my problem is i can't find the mob density to keep my fury flowing.

Hey this makes me think of something I was wondering about. Is there a list of affixes anywhere that includes the level ranges where they drop?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hell Yeah posted:

Here's the thing, I have the +4 fury Umbral ring, I have a little fury reduction, my paragon helps with fury, my rings refresh fine. It's still not enough to use that skill yet.

All the armor has one stat that has been rerolled to get something better. I am working on getting Ancestral for all the slots now, I can absolutely min/max each item. But I feel like I should have good enough gear to do 20+ NM.

I use two 1h swords for the Magnum Opus.

Here's my build.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/0a9eaf00-f13d-49a6-8089-66c4b4ba3b2d/

Level 70
Attack power 2841
Armor 5434
Life 3521

Str 851
Int 243
Will 402
Dex 283

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 30, 2023

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

While I can't necessarily speak for ditching shouts on WW, I've been running my own homebrew no-shouts hota Walking Arsenal build and it's been great so far up to level 80, even with most of my playtime since WT4 being running NM dungeons 20 levels above me. Often play alongside some friends who follow pulverize/tornado wolf/twisting blades meta guides and my character arguably seems to be the strongest, and it's probably the most fun setup I've played in an ARPG. Very active and diverse playstyle.

Though I will say that I tried to respec to a grasp-focused build yesterday (replacing leap) and while it absolutely does pull MUCH better than before, I couldn't justify sticking with the ability. It's very dangerous to use and if you pull too many mobs I find you get stuck and not only cannot move, but can't even attack until you dodge out. Which is not the best when you're surrounded by enemies who started winding up their swings before you even got out of the pull animation.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I dislike the fact that Steel Grasp will place some mobs behind you if you pull a lot of them. I can't hit them all with Rend and sometimes I get boxed in because they are pulled all around me. Ground Stomp does work well in those cases, but I have to keep it around to be safe.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I must he dumb and blind but where do you see the twitch drops and kfc stuff you’ve collected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Philthy posted:

Here's the thing, I have the +4 fury Umbral ring, I have a little fury reduction, my paragon helps with fury, my rings refresh fine. It's still not enough to use that skill yet.

All the armor has one stat that has been rerolled to get something better. I am working on getting Ancestral for all the slots now, I can absolutely min/max each item. But I feel like I should have good enough gear to do 20+ NM.

I use two 1h swords for the Magnum Opus.

Here's my build.

https://d4builds.gg/builds/0a9eaf00-f13d-49a6-8089-66c4b4ba3b2d/

Level 70
Attack power 2841
Armor 5434
Life 3521

Str 851
Int 243
Will 402
Dex 283

dust devil on the hammer is garbage, you want something that adds a lot of damage there. that's one big problem. i also think ramaladnis benefit is not as good as the drawback of losing fury. i can't see doing enough damage not taking the double damage capstone perk AND wasting your 2x aspect on your hammer. be better off with a good roll of edgemasters on there. i forget what i have in that spot but it's damage.

Hell Yeah fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 30, 2023