Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Mom told me she's bringing KFC home for dinner tonight but she got stabbed to death on the way home. gently caress you, mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

the answer, like any q about biden, is obvious though

Hunter's laptop

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

EDIT: lol the mods had to put a 10-minute post timer on this thread cuz everyone is so mad

i can't turn it off??? get in here cowardly mod

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Serious_Cyclone posted:

You can blame Biden for plenty of things he's actually responsible for

Like creating the student loan debt crisis in the first place?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

You guys are mad at Biden for not waving his magic wand to make the loans disappear. He did everything he could to make this legal under his authority; the SC just said “naw, pres can’t do THAT” with a flimsy justification. It’s bad law. It’s bad on the GOP who sued out of spite. It’s bad for the teacher in my family, who now has to pay their loan instead of the payment on their 15 year old car that they use to get to and from work helping low income students.

Being mad at Biden feels like a spoiled teenager being mad at his dad

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Personally, I think the democrats loudly proclaiming they can't accomplish anything will work wonders in November and truly motivate their base to come out in force!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Eh, people blaming leaders for poo poo that's out of their direct control but is that happened under their purview is probably as old as people. I have no issues with it bc that's the poo poo end of the stick that comes with all the perks of being a leader. That's the trade-off - you get money, power, prestige, but then people are gonna hold you responsible for a LOT more poo poo, and you're subject to the whims of public opinion re: how things are handled.

Like, blaming the president for gas prices is foolish, but it happened before we were born and will continue long after we die. Some of this poo poo is just always considered the President's fault because 'the buck stops at the guy in charge' etc etc.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 30, 2023

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Here's more info on the hoops that will have to be jumped through for the next plan to be enacted.

quote:

SUMMARY: We announce our intention to establish a negotiated rulemaking committee to prepare proposed regulations for the Federal Student Aid programs authorized under title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA). The committee will include representatives of organizations or groups with interests that are significantly affected by the subject matter of the proposed regulations. We also announce one public hearing at which interested parties may comment on the topic suggested by the Department and may suggest additional topics that we should consider for action by the negotiating committee. In addition, we announce that the Department will accept written comments on the topics suggested by the Department and suggestions for additional topics that we should consider for action by the negotiating committee.

Since they have to form a committee, then get stakeholder and public feedback, they probably can't announce specifics since doing so would be used as evidence that the procedure wasn't properly followed when the inevitable lawsuit comes up.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!
it would be unethical for biden to cancel student loans this close to an election year

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I:m josif bien I come to forgave yourere debut.

Pl ez send me you credit card # for refun

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hmmm nom epique.......

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Leon et al should have to be probated for all the hours nom suffered at their treacherous lying hands

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

blame all polticians, they are various levels of poo poo. yes even the one you like

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I am so tired of this planet. These people.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Lincoln and JFK get assassinated but these people stay untouched eh?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation

Smugworth posted:

Leon et al should have to be probated for all the hours nom suffered at their treacherous lying hands

yep, hate to say it, but he was right and it's time for some comeuppance

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

ah cool the "let's kill politicians" posting has started. except not really and in minecraft 😉😉😉

pls dont make me gas the threqd. its my vehicle to chain probe leon. we all want that dont we

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
jfk is still alive, he's helping his son fight election fraud

i'll grant you lincoln, though

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Someone unban mom Epique so he can start chain dunking people

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

The CIA can do whatever they want

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

poisonpill posted:

You guys are mad at Biden for not waving his magic wand to make the loans disappear. He did everything he could to make this legal under his authority; the SC just said “naw, pres can’t do THAT” with a flimsy justification. It’s bad law. It’s bad on the GOP who sued out of spite. It’s bad for the teacher in my family, who now has to pay their loan instead of the payment on their 15 year old car that they use to get to and from work helping low income students.

Being mad at Biden feels like a spoiled teenager being mad at his dad

He absolutely did not do everything he could.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Nucleic Acids posted:

He absolutely did not do everything he could.

Not yet, at least. Which is why he's now pursuing other avenues, like using the Secretary of Education.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Dems in 2020: Vote Biden and we will forgive all your student loans!

Dems in 2024: Ok, so last time we thought it would be hilarious to try to pass student debt relief the illegal way. But if you vote Biden in 2024, we are going to actually pass it the legally sound way!!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Sophy Wackles posted:

Dems in 2020: Vote Biden and we will forgive all your student loans!

Dems in 2024: Ok, so last time we thought it would be hilarious to try to pass student debt relief the illegal way. But if you vote Biden in 2024, we are going to actually pass it the legally sound way!!

Dems in 2034: My house burned down in firnados and I'm sucking warlord dick for water and I still have not made progress on my student loan principal.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
perhaps kamala could energize the nation with a frenetic pep-talk

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
8 more years of Trump ahead huh

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Biden sucks but lmao at being at blaming him for being in hellworld with a lovely Supreme Court making decisions based solely off what their backers want

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

alas, the offi e of the pres is compltely powerless......

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
the way right wing media cries wolf over everything from mustard to suit colors, he probably could actually get away with packing the courts. there would be outrage all over fox, newsmax, oan yelling at people to take to the streets and calling biden a dictator, just like they've done every other night for the past 2 and a half years

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Deki posted:

Biden sucks but lmao at being at blaming him for being in hellworld with a lovely Supreme Court making decisions based solely off what their backers want

He not only made it impossible to discharge student debt in bankruptcy but is basically responsible for Clarence Thomas being on the Supreme Court.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

also he signed the law that congress passed recently that stripped him of some permissions he had

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nucleic Acids posted:

He not only made it impossible to discharge student debt in bankruptcy but is basically responsible for Clarence Thomas being on the Supreme Court.

Weird that making GBS threads on students is a bipartisan breeze but helping them is a fight that can only be lost.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Animal-Mother posted:

Like creating the student loan debt crisis in the first place?

Sure. Something he had a hand in actually being responsible for. He's been in government forever and has had long-lasted negative impact on a variety of things. So many things in fact that it seems silly to pretend he's at fault for other stuff for the sake of being pissmad about it. "This thing sucks" and "Biden didn't do this thing" actually overlap on a Venn Diagram.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
The important thing to understand in the wake of all these awful scotus decisions is that the adults in the room have all agreed good things aren't possible, but if you elect a republican they will do bad things immediately without any of the same barriers existing, this is because reasons and maturity.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Deki posted:

Biden sucks but lmao at being at blaming him for being in hellworld

How long did it take to dismantle the New Deal and replace it with Hellworld?

Oh, roughly the same five decades Biden has been part of the federal government's decision-making processes he's been involved with the entire time, leading directly to the Hellworld Biden specifically promised to deliver to lobbyists?

Oh. Huh.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*makes loud, wet farting noises*

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

*makes loud, wet farting noises*

thnnk you mr. president

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It sucks that the fate of the nation is basically just up to whether or not someone dies during whatever president's term

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
It's weird that scalia died in feb of an election year and rgb died in sept of an election year and yet the exact opposite thing happened for the partisanship of their replacements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

So his backup plan was forcing everyone back into repayment but with some sort of "aid" to assist people who are at risk of going into default?