Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Here's the story I've been working on for 3 years, about the roots of conspiratorial disinformation that is driving the cookers and the freedom movement, if anyone is interested. Yes there have been versions of it shared in here along the way, but this may well be the final one. Don't want to start a whole thing, just would like to know if anyone can find anything false or has any other comments before I commit it to tape and send it out into the world. Ranter, would be interested in your anti-capitalist critique, for example.

It basically covers the whole mess, including the fun and never-before-answered detail of how Q actually started, right down to the specific people in the room when it was first conceived:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Here's the story I've been working on for 3 years, about the roots of conspiratorial disinformation that is driving the cookers and the freedom movement, if anyone is interested. Yes there have been versions of it shared in here along the way, but this may well be the final one. Don't want to start a whole thing, just would like to know if anyone can find anything false or has any other comments before I commit it to tape and send it out into the world. Ranter, would be interested in your anti-capitalist critique, for example.

It basically covers the whole mess, including the fun and never-before-answered detail of how Q actually started, right down to the specific people in the room when it was first conceived:

:allears:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Yes yes I know it is quite possibly the longest article in the world, but it’s still shorter than a book or a six part HBO documentary series. I’m going to read it all out and cut it up into chapters anyway so don’t worry about that part.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
If someone points out anything wrong with your post are you going to take it on board or handwave any critiques away like usual?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

quote:

It’s a long and complicated story, with many streams and tributaries converging to create the raging waters before us. And like a hydrographer mapping out a river basin, we’re going to take the time to try and tell it properly.

We begin in the Kingdom of Bavaria (now Germany), on the 1st May 1776,

I literally burst out laughing, god drat, I did not expect you meant that far back.

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

it's a bit light on detail imo

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Yes yes I know it is quite possibly the longest article in the world, but it’s still shorter than a book or a six part HBO documentary series. I’m going to read it all out and cut it up into chapters anyway so don’t worry about that part.

Both of those things are good ways to spend your time, however, as they are usually put together by people with talent, experience, or the ability to take criticism on board without becoming the auspol equivalent of chernobyl

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

Both of those things are good ways to spend your time, however, as they are usually put together by people with talent, experience, or the ability to take criticism on board without becoming the auspol equivalent of chernobyl

they don't tell ya who actually started it but

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

[dabs tears away with a fistful of crisp hundoes]

$2.6 million isn't actually a lot of money.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

cool

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

if anyone is interested.

"if"

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

lol

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

NPR Journalizard posted:

Aged pension is already means tested, including PPOR.

PPOR is an exempt asset regardless of value:

https://guides.dss.gov.au/social-security-guide/4/6/3/10

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Whelp, at least they make things nice and clear

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/assets-test-for-pensions?context=22526

quote:

We assess all asset types as part of the assets test. How much we can pay you depends on the value of your assets and if you’re in a relationship. There are limits to how much you can have. We call these the assets test limits. The Department of Social Services reviews these limits and cut off points in January, March, July and September each year.

Your assets include any property or possessions you own in full, in part, or have an interest in. This includes both:

assets held outside Australia
debts owed to you.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
2.6 mil? What's that, a bed and bath in Sydney?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

For a couple of nights yeah, food not included.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is it $2.6m or $2.4m debt

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for June:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Konomex posted:

2.6 mil? What's that, a bed and bath in Sydney?

no, its a burnt out shack

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

whoa what did WA do last month?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
It's Milkyposting not Buckyposting, you charlatan pretender -- hope this loving helps.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

Woman Crime

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Aight cool, so no falsities found, cheers

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Eediot Jedi posted:

whoa what did WA do last month?

Well, for a start the SASR are based here

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

No woman no crime

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

It's Milkyposting not Buckyposting, you charlatan pretender -- hope this loving helps.

dare I ask what on earth is this

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

[whispers seductively into the ear of War] Free poo poo, guy

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for June:

So very close for a TasmaniNAH (which nicely rolls off the tongue)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Oi economy!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Congrats on finishing your book milky, I'll read it.

Congrats on finishing your article Bucky, I'll read it too.

Congrats to all who finish their projects, good job goons!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

That's a whole-rear end book that Milky wrote? poo poo that's awesome, congrats.

And thanks Dav :)

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

Here's the story I've been working on for 3 years, about the roots of conspiratorial disinformation that is driving the cookers and the freedom movement, if anyone is interested.

tl;dr

For reals man that's a solid effort. I've written some mental health and nursing related stuff before on Medium for wider publication and it's never easy pressing that button.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Schadenfreude story time.

Elderly couple I know who own multiple properties also frequently complain how unfair it is that they get less/no pension due to the massive amount of assets they have.

One technique they used to reduce their apparent assets was to literally take money out of accounts and hide it in their house as cash to be off the books. They did this both with Australian super accounts, and a UK account they had.

They did this a few years ago, and literally have wads of UK bank notes that they refer to as the cash they will use for visits to the UK for the rest of their lives.

It was recently discovered by someone they gave some of this cash to that the notes are no longer considered legal tender since the UK switched to new styles of notes a few years ago. Banks don't even take them anymore, although post offices will exchange small amounts (but you need to provide id to make sure you aren't changing too much)

Don't think anyone has yet broken the news to them, and I don't know if they will, or simply wait until they next visit the UK and discover that their attempts to evade the system now mean they are the proud owners of many thousands of pounds in effectively monopoly money

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Senor Tron posted:

Schadenfreude story time.

Elderly couple I know who own multiple properties also frequently complain how unfair it is that they get less/no pension due to the massive amount of assets they have.

One technique they used to reduce their apparent assets was to literally take money out of accounts and hide it in their house as cash to be off the books. They did this both with Australian super accounts, and a UK account they had.

They did this a few years ago, and literally have wads of UK bank notes that they refer to as the cash they will use for visits to the UK for the rest of their lives.

It was recently discovered by someone they gave some of this cash to that the notes are no longer considered legal tender since the UK switched to new styles of notes a few years ago. Banks don't even take them anymore, although post offices will exchange small amounts (but you need to provide id to make sure you aren't changing too much)

Don't think anyone has yet broken the news to them, and I don't know if they will, or simply wait until they next visit the UK and discover that their attempts to evade the system now mean they are the proud owners of many thousands of pounds in effectively monopoly money

:kstare:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Knowing they're committing acts of fraud and not reporting them makes you complicit does it not? Should probably do something about that eh?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Love to post mycrimes.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
And I’ll bet they complain about dole bludgers every chance they get, too