Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's honestly better for everyone if the emails don't go out today

i've gotten into the habit of telling people irl that i, personally, am responsible for the emails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Elden Ring is actually too short, which is why it's good that there's DLC coming soon

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
been thinking about slamming my balls in a drawer over and over. might be time to pick up cdda again

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

as long as you dont get anything thats impossible to get, then theres no way they can catch you

who can say if someone didnt drop an extra RoB for me when i cooped with them?

if i really wanted to be a dick, i could just spam toxic/sleep pots and easily win every pvp fight

Huh, i guess they'll have to implement some kinda item validation system to deal with sickos like you

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hatebag posted:

Huh, i guess they'll have to implement some kinda item validation system to deal with sickos like you

theyll never catch me and theres nothing you can do about it :evilbuddy:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

How about no

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

genericnick posted:

How about no

idk how to elaborate on what i mean by this but: whole game felt like a demo

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

genericnick posted:

How about no

I think its time we admit that Obsidian doesn't actually make good games.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pulcinella posted:

I think its time we admit that Obsidian doesn't actually make good games.

That's right, they made good game: fallout vegas

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Hatebag posted:

World's Greatest Fallout 3 mod.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Speaking of obsidian

When I came in to complain about how pentiment just wouldn't end I had actually saved literally 2 seconds from the final credits lol

I liked it. I think I'd have liked it more if the class stuff wasn't stuff I already find obvious and have read deeper stuff on before. It was nice that it was there but nothing incredible imo

It seems like it's gonna do some interesting stuff re: gender roles but that never really materialises either

Then you are left with a lot of "artists talking about art" content which my god they do love to do.
I did like the early bit where your mentor makes an artist talking about art speech but it's an appeal to the democratisation of art which is unusual. The point of art is to do it or enjoy it, and the more people who do it the better.

A lot of the monastery artists vs new printing press printers stuff is very timely for the AI art debate and I think some of the game can be interpreted unintentionally(?) as a call to embrace AI art lol
Your friend being a new type of "artist" Who uses a clunky machine to copy paste stupid comics about a guy who tricks people into eating turds is basically a perfect allegory

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

My brain is completely Steam sale poisoned. There is a bunch of stuff on sale that I want to play but don't buy because it's over $10, and then I'll pick up any absolute garbage on my wishlist that is $2-$5 and never play it.

The golden age was like 2012, and then with bundles as well.

Since then the race to the bottom price wise has abated. I get it I guess, I didn't see how the practice of most games being sub 20 or sub 10 was sustainable.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

skooma512 posted:

The golden age was like 2012, and then with bundles as well.

Since then the race to the bottom price wise has abated. I get it I guess, I didn't see how the practice of most games being sub 20 or sub 10 was sustainable.

I mean it's a lot more sustainable than if everyone just bought the games they'd actually play for 70 bucks.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

been thinking about slamming my balls in a drawer over and over. might be time to pick up cdda again

Sky Island, Magiclism, and the fancy kungfus is the constellation of modpacks I'm fiddling with now.

I'm also using the Catapult Launcher. Vormithrax is still doing his thing. New tutorial source is SA poster Wormgirl. Best of luck doing the most granular zombie rogue-like.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

My brain is completely Steam sale poisoned. There is a bunch of stuff on sale that I want to play but don't buy because it's over $10, and then I'll pick up any absolute garbage on my wishlist that is $2-$5 and never play it.

Free your spirit. Pay $30 for a $70 game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Free your spirit. Pay $30 for a $70 game

Harvestella is currently on sale for $30. Coincidence???

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

For a couple years I did a plan where I'd buy like four or five games on sale on Black Friday and play them all year but then I was stuck playing them all year instead of cool new games that had just come out and steam sales happen more often anyway

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hatebag posted:

Unarmed builds in that game are amazing. Why shoot guns when you can chunkify people with your bare hands? No thanks, I don't kneed a holdout weapon, I have fists that go mingle, mangle, mingle.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I like both pillars of eternities

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm playing Tyranny after bouncing off of it multiple times. it's decently okay.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Harvestella is currently on sale for $30. Coincidence???

Its good buy it read it to your kid

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1674780712204140550?s=20

VIDEOGAMES

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

who was whining about this???? i didnt even know they made a sludge life 2

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think that's a joke dunking on anyone who actually complained

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I hope that's a joke dunking on anyone who actually complained

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gumball Gumption posted:

I think that's a joke dunking on anyone who actually complained

its obviously a joke just which weenies are complaining? the dorks at polygon???

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

I hope that's a joke dunking on anyone who actually complained

they left [company name here] so yeah, joke

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I don't think anyone complained. I think they made it up!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't know what to believe anymore

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

They are trying to Do Better and i respect it

we should all try to Do Better

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's not that funny

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They lied in marketing? It's actually an ad? Capitalism strikes again

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Gumball Gumption posted:

They lied in marketing? It's actually an ad? Capitalism strikes again

I really think somebody would do that. Just go on the Internet and tell lies.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I had the same problem with Tyranny that I had with PoE2. I need a 'good' faction I can identify with because my power fantasy is helping people. I don't want 'everyone is bad' gritty realism. Gimme unrealistic infantile heroism

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nix Panicus posted:

I had the same problem with Tyranny that I had with PoE2. I need a 'good' faction I can identify with because my power fantasy is helping people. I don't want 'everyone is bad' gritty realism. Gimme unrealistic infantile heroism

You can join the rebels and be a good guy

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

The last screen is a black out with white text

It is playing a music box rendition of the main theme. It is beautiful. I am crying.

Read in the cadence of "I trawl the megahertz"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

1 is fantastic.
2's main campaign is a dud but the side stuff is cute.

LJ's campaign is okay. It's not as good as Judgment's, but it still kept me interested throughout. And it has much better gameplay + you get another city.

Overall I enjoyed "full package" of LJ more, even though Judgment's plot was significantly better. Judgment's plot is actually probably the most coherent and compelling Yakuza game plot in the franchise, and I finished it with a feeling of genuine shock at how coherent the plot was, with even the more insane parts being pretty plausible. Unlike other Yakuza game plots, it didn't feel dumber and dumber the more you thought about it.

One thing that stood out to me in Judgement is this part where you visit a research lab, and it actually looked like a real research lab (it was extremely similar to university labs I've seen through work, being very similar to ones in my university building, and virtually identical to one I visited in San Diego some years back). Normally there'd just be a bunch of beakers and test tubes and poo poo. Just a surprising attention to detail, and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually visited a lab to prepare for that part.