Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i really haven't gone outside this thread to see reviews or anything, but the critic response here is weird in that the scores seem fair but only in a world where game reviewers actually score games from 0-100. I thought 'game is fun but lacking in many features that players will expect' was in the realm of an 80 for inflated game scores? Or does that only apply to releases from certain studios?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1674498911132610572

i wonder if they'll use FF's ladder match as one of the first six

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Come on. It should be Moneyest in the Bankiest.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

i really haven't gone outside this thread to see reviews or anything, but the critic response here is weird in that the scores seem fair but only in a world where game reviewers actually score games from 0-100. I thought 'game is fun but lacking in many features that players will expect' was in the realm of an 80 for inflated game scores? Or does that only apply to releases from certain studios?

That’s only for AAA releases where reviewers have to play nice

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Started career mode as hangman

-was stunlocked by tutorials, still lost after eliminating 3 due to never playing the game before
-stuffed my sadness with long pizza
-kenny called me a curtain jerker
-bucks made me play a mario party minigame for content, called me a loser
-nyla threatened the fans into buying multiple tickets to dynamite
-i am niw feuding with dustin rhodes for no immediately obvious reason

Overall a good experience of pro wrestling

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Mindless grinding of Exhibition matches to hit 100 for Owen time lmao.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

projecthalaxy posted:

Started career mode as hangman
-i am niw feuding with dustin rhodes for no immediately obvious reason

Overall a good experience of pro wrestling

Did Dustin eliminate you?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Kris Statlander just booped me. GOTY

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Did Dustin eliminate you?

Probably? It was either him or rey fenix i don't remember lol that makes sense

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/AnimeSerbia/status/1674254204519473153?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GOD drat IT

Started career mode as OC. Drew a 2 for the battle royale so I started in the first 4 (not sure if it matters what you actually draw?). Lasted until the end and then Penta loving killed me. But I think I had like 6 or 7 eliminations. gently caress!

But it was fun as hell TBH. I also get a kick out of how long you stay writhing on the mat sometimes.

And I left the match so now I have to use a turn going to the hospital.

Glad I started on Normal and not Hard, at least.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 1, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You draw the same card every time it’s rigged, unlike the real event which is definitely random

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

You draw the same card every time it’s rigged, unlike the real event which is definitely random

I’m burning my copy of this game, what a farce!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was so close to beating that 3-on-1 as a my CAW Jun Akiyama. If I'd had manual targeting on I probably could've done it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

I was so close to beating that 3-on-1 as a my CAW Jun Akiyama. If I'd had manual targeting on I probably could've done it.

I might have to turn on manual targeting. I can’t tell if it’ll piss me off or not, but the default button is awkward. Maybe I’ll have to remap that too.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I really think Omega needs to be nerfed in this game, as much as I love him. Everybody is using him online and his momentum fills stupidly fast on top of the rest of his stupid pile of perks.

It basically just means a short match until someone gets the signature powerbomb/v-trigger combo that they'll do about 3 times in a row. Feels academic whenever I see someone has picked him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m about 50/50 against omegas now with my CAW, feels good

I got one who was showing a 9-0 record and absolutely clowned on him which felt pretty good about becoming the 1 in 9-1, must have been having an off match because the dude got nowhere

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CaptainApathyUK posted:

I really think Omega needs to be nerfed in this game, as much as I love him. Everybody is using him online and his momentum fills stupidly fast on top of the rest of his stupid pile of perks.

It basically just means a short match until someone gets the signature powerbomb/v-trigger combo that they'll do about 3 times in a row. Feels academic whenever I see someone has picked him

hes just that drat good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Has anyone nailed the timing for reversals? I can't ever make them hit consistently.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

booyaka booyaka

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Finally played a match. Man that was fun. Well worth the wait.

All my friends that I used to play No Mercy with when we were kids bought it. I can’t wait to have some FF nights with them

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I need a second tv in my living room so I can put wrestling on in the background while I play the wrestling game

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I need a second tv in my living room so I can put wrestling on in the background while I play the wrestling game

I've had this set up for years. I have my computer across from my tv so i can post and watch or play and watch.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
You could set up FF and 2k23 and probably beat the entire Road to Elite mode in the time it takes 2k23 to finish one trios match

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lol i got that with hangman

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

My buddies in university used to do this and had ppv's on a whole wall with a projector and a medium sized crt with a game simming the same matches.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

is there a way to go from certain moves right into a pin? Like a moonsault or power bomb?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Shard posted:

is there a way to go from certain moves right into a pin? Like a moonsault or power bomb?

For some moves (like the Code Red) it gives you a LB/L1 prompt while the move is executing for if you want to land in a pin*.

*may only apply to signatures and specials?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The story mode having the dialogue tailored to the wrestler is great. All of Orange’s dialogue is so lazy, except for the stuff everyone says the same way.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shard posted:

Has anyone nailed the timing for reversals? I can't ever make them hit consistently.

Yea I'm wondering the same. It's so hard to hit them especially on grapple reversals. The striking is a bit easier.
I also wonder exactly when does one become another. Like, we lock up but you go for knees to the body, i'm unsure if that is consider a strike or a grapple to reverse

I just got stuck in a loop with the AI throwing me over, and over and over into the ring side for a solid 40 seconds. It's so annoying!

Do blocks exist in this at all?

Anyone else think that the refs are way to slow to get to the count? It feels like it takes forever for them to ever recognize you are pinning someone and then getting to the count.

Still having some good fun with it. Plan to try it out on steamdeck later in prepartion of my flight next week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hold l1 to block a grapple r1 to block a strike

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Digital Jedi posted:

I also wonder exactly when does one become another. Like, we lock up but you go for knees to the body, i'm unsure if that is consider a strike or a grapple to reverse

strikes in grapples seem to count as strikes, but grain of salt me; I'm garbage at reversing in this one so far

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I'm able to get grapple and strike reverses fairly regularly, but some moves the timing feels weird (no idea how to dodge Mox's lariat). I've just been tapping and reversed/dodged both.

Finally got to do some of the chain wrestling, visually it rules but not sure if I'm pressing too many buttons.

Also, if you do managers in your matches, the opponent will sometimes randomly attack your manager. I was very confused when Jeff Hardy tope con giro'd Tay minding her own business at ringside

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Won my first online match against a Kenny Omega. I wish there was some indicator as to what the icons mean after you win a match. What’s it mean when you get a little paper with a scribble on it? A skull with a big crack in it?

Anyway, I also ate burritos in Austin and got sassed by Fenix before getting a picture with Dustin Rhodes. Then I pinned Sting in a tag match with OC/Mox vs Sting/Tall Paul.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Ganso Bomb posted:

I have a tiny TV I bring out for this

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

NL are doing a Moneyiest in the Bankiest tournament, what a miserable experience multiman matches are in the WWE games.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh my loving god, Umaga teleported up the ladder just as Trevor Murdoch was about to win and now they're milling about under the ladder doing nothing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Testekill posted:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

NL are doing a Moneyiest in the Bankiest tournament, what a miserable experience multiman matches are in the WWE games.

This is pure misery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

This loving match might have gone on for an hour already.