Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

it literally comes in a bottle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bar Ran Dun posted:

make sure to store hing in a sealed glass container. it’s not called the devils rear end in a top hat for nothing.

do you think you go to the indian store and they just hand you a block of hing? lol

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast
eh what I’ve been buying is plastic with a like a medical foil under the cap. I then have to put that in mason jar or it stinks up the kitchen

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast
lol yeah that same package. how can you not smell once it’s opened?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i can't smell it unless i open the bottle, you can kind of smell something near the bottle but it just smells like kala namak

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

hifi posted:

America needs to close the spinach gap. Did you know that China makes 92% of the spinach in the world?

Really? I love spinach. I throw that poo poo in everything. Got an unhealthy dinner? Just wilt two handfuls of spinach into it.

I loving love spinach... :china:

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

do you think you go to the indian store and they just hand you a block of hing? lol

sometimes you just have your asafoetida handed to you

Griz
May 21, 2001

i'm a fan of lazy instapot thai curry where the coconut milk, curry paste, and stirfry mix all comes from cans so i just add meat and fish sauce and some onions and garlic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im telling you man, you need 5 spices for north indian cooking and about 7 for south indian

north indian: cumin seeds, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, tumeric

south indian: mustard seeds, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, tumeric, curry leaves, and hing

you only need oregano for mexican food

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Would it be cannibalism to eat any of the kebab?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hifi posted:

what

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
just splash on the taco bell packets and you're basically done

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hifi posted:

plus some ketchup if you like it spicy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Beef Wellington is a sandwich

mystes
May 31, 2006

maybe more like a hypersandwich

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It's a burrito you idiots

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it just isn't a sandwich without the tangy zip of miracle whip

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Crazycryodude posted:

It's a burrito you idiots

all wellingtons are burritos, but not all burritos are wellingtons

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
any wellington can be a burrito if you pick it up with your hands and eat it from one end.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

how do you unwrap it to put on fire sauce?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Oh man I can't wait to drop the "Pop Tarts are a Fruit Wellington" hot take on some poor bastard this week.

Fruit Wellington is also a good username.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

Assuming you mean a dishwasher, commercial dishwashers aren't the same thing as home dishwashers, you have to wash the food particles off by hand before putting the plates in, all the machine does is sterilize them basically. It's more like an autoclave

You described a sanitizer not a dishwasher, they are different appliances with different uses.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Bar Ran Dun posted:

make sure to store hing in a sealed glass container. it’s not called the devils rear end in a top hat for nothing.

it only stinks up the kitchen if you hermetically seal it like a dumb honkie. if you store it like a normal spice it won't smell particularly strong after a couple of days

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pandy fackler posted:

it only stinks up the kitchen if you hermetically seal it like a dumb honkie. if you store it like a normal spice it won't smell particularly strong after a couple of days

that's called acclimation

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

nobody who visits my kitchen can smell it idk what to tell you

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

war crimes enthusiast

pandy fackler posted:

I started a #2 crock of garlic fermenting right at the beginning of the pandemic. it took longer than expected and off gassed extremely strong garlic odors for almost two months before the fermentation finished. my wife still n hasn’t forgiven me for that.

the hing is going to have to stay in a glass jar. but I have all my spices in half point or point jars anyway.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

pandy fackler posted:

I think you just have polite friends

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
CSA dumped me with 2 big bundles of collard greens this week. I didn't have ham hocks lying around but found a good vegan braised greens recipe that came out great, and super easy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

neat acronym

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Salvor_Hardin posted:

CSA dumped me with 2 big bundles of collard greens this week. I didn't have ham hocks lying around but found a good vegan braised greens recipe that came out great, and super easy.

That looks great. This is what got me turned onto collard for the first time, and I also used it for beet greens when I got some beets with the leaves attached at the farmers market and it was stellar.

this whole website is full of gems, esp African and Caribbean

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

AxGrap posted:

That looks great. This is what got me turned onto collard for the first time, and I also used it for beet greens when I got some beets with the leaves attached at the farmers market and it was stellar.

this whole website is full of gems, esp African and Caribbean

Oh nice, thanks. Not too different from what I did. Gonna bookmark that site.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

the south will braise again

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I went to Outback and ordered a steak. It came with a dinner salad before hand. My waiter asked me what I'd like on it, and I told him of my hatred.

"Unless you make it entirely out of croûtons and ranch dressing I won't be eating it, but thanks anyway."

3 minutes later, a plate full of croûtons covered in ranch dressing adorned my plate.

Yes, that man got a 30% tip.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

bedpan posted:

I went to Outback and ordered a steak. It came with a dinner salad before hand. My waiter asked me what I'd like on it, and I told him of my hatred.

"Unless you make it entirely out of croûtons and ranch dressing I won't be eating it, but thanks anyway."

3 minutes later, a plate full of croûtons covered in ranch dressing adorned my plate.

Yes, that man got a 30% tip.

Username post combo

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

saw that old post on fat goon blog and had to share

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I had a package of kielbasa and some fingerling potatoes to use up so I made this in a sheet pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Baking a bunch of roots, veg and meat on a sheet pan for like 30 minutes at 350 is one of my favorite things and im mad i didnt really learn it until I was like 32.

That looks good af.