Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"this anime is pretty hyped up and studio gainax/trigger has done some really cool stuff, I guess I'll check it out.

oh. oh no."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/yotsubascreens/status/1665048199202246656?s=46

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

TheKingofSprings posted:

The first 5 minutes and episode 4 are amazing though

I like that they led in with Gamagori, acknowledging that he is the best boy.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

"this anime is pretty hyped up and studio gainax/trigger has done some really cool stuff, I guess I'll check it out.

oh. oh no."

owned by gainax yet again

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
PSA: Ghost Trick came out on Steam yesterday

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Heath posted:

PSA: Ghost Trick came out on Steam yesterday

When it came out on ios my niece stole my ipad mini for months playing it under her blanket while we searched endlessly for the drat thing, she taught herself looking up walk through videos on YouTube

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

When it came out on ios my niece stole my ipad mini for months playing it under her blanket while we searched endlessly for the drat thing, she taught herself looking up walk through videos on YouTube

lol, owns

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

oh. oh no."

I truly think the failure of KLK kickstarted Zorak leaving SA.

That and the thinly veiled threat against his family but idk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wait what

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This was a longass time ago but back in the pre-Discord days of IRC somebody popped into Zorak’s ADTRW channel and gave a threat to the effect of telling Zorak that they knew his location. I think most of the people there passed that info to him as he wasn’t logged on at the time, myself included, and he said he’d take care of it. I remember it being not long after that he said he was done.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
epic for the lose

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Yotsuba ftw

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

that rime thread currently being opened/closed just reminded me of this and i had a hearty morning chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHv-CFe7jJk&t=1s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NoiseAnnoys posted:

that rime thread currently being opened/closed just reminded me of this and i had a hearty morning chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHv-CFe7jJk&t=1s

:thermidor:

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

I don’t watch anime but I’ve been seeing little strips called Yotsuba& lately and let me tell you that kid is a hoot. Yanda is a real rat!

Yotsuba owns

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

your post is the one that kicked it all off, VVG.

also didn't someone make a french revolution fighting game in mugen or something and it was horrible?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

lobster shirt posted:

my brother, who i played 99% of my mtg games against growign up, had this card and i would always quit when he was able to summon it

cool artwork though

Is it coincidence that's literally a Dungeons and Dragons creature? (Both are owned by Hasbro, and there's been crossovers before. They're kinda going all hog into it nowadays, and apparently not well)

I'm still amused that both MTG and D&D have demons and devils as lawful vs vs chaotic evil, but with the names swapped.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nightmare was first printed in Alpha years before WotC bought D&D. It's just an obvious pun and also possibly a reference to the painting of the same name that depicts a demon and a spooky horse giving a lady bad dreams.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RIP Games Forum. They did the thing.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

excellent call by games forum there.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
impressed to see admins semi-regularly doing the extremely obvious right thing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
RIP VG's red star, but he will have gone out in the best way possible

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

impressed to see admins semi-regularly doing the extremely obvious right thing

after fyad stunlocked the owner, they're piling on the damage before he snaps out of it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
are you kidding jeff's napping until winter solstice, though he might stir briefly around the equinox.. at least that's extrapolating off his last 9 months of activity

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
taking damage to kill rime

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

are you kidding jeff's napping until winter solstice, though he might stir briefly around the equinox.. at least that's extrapolating off his last 9 months of activity

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i imagine games forum aka videogames aka the SA user named after gaming will be fine since rime considerately responded to his revived limelight with another uniquely awful manifesto lol

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Here Lies Rime

He Never Logged Off

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't really want to read the deranged rime thread. why has it endangered Games Forum the admin?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Why is everyone saying Games Forum is going down for banning this psycho? Seems like a pretty consistent pattern of weirdo behavior got them to this point and the final straw was a crazy GBS screed.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
because rime was outright projected by jeff, to the point that the other admins admitted it in public. dude just straight up perma'd jeff's pet ecofascist psychopath against jeff's wishes

hero poo poo but when jeffy wakes up he's gonna be mad

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I will protect Games Forum from Jeff's wrath. Nothing ill shall befall them.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rime... ice... wintertime... my god...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i liked the people digging up rime's transphobic posts

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Do I dare ask who this rime guy is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

cspam guy who made a ton of posts about how the environment would be saved if covid had killed more brown people

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

When I still thought it would achieve any meaningful course correction I advocated for nuking the white world, champ, but at this point it's just funny to see people glossing over that and continuing to trot me out as if I am the ur-racist boogeyman of the forums.

im not sure why nuking america wouldnt save the environment but nuking china would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Ibblebibble posted:

Rime posted:

There's an underlying connection between your two statements, and it's the basic inability for these people to understand their impact on anything outside their extremely narrow visual range. You could draw a picture at a five year olds comprehension level of how their diet and large truck is going to kill them and their entire family, and they'll just shrug and go back to complaining about Muslims. They are fundamentally and inherently incapable of self reflection or critical thinking, and are driven by little more than the impulse to consume.

Discarding eugenics last century was a deathblow mistake for the entire species, is what I'm saying.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"Eugenics would help solve climate change" is just one of his many choice opinions, but it should be a good summation of what kind of poster he is.