Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Another day safety managing at oceangate submarines. Everyone keeps asking if they can tell the boss the submarine is unsafe. Buddy, they wont even let me tell him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Welp, I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at that one.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oops! All Buried (at sea)!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:discourse:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/CFPKP6g.mp4

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

me playing Snowrunner

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"What kind of moron would do it like THAT?"

*Camera pans to reveal pulling truck*

"Ooooohhhhhh. Yeah, that checks out."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Been a while since we had a proper truckfuckling

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Paging BwBD

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

that bird is super into his dance, she's gonna end up turning down every male she sees because nobody stacks up to ol' red legs

Harry_Potato posted:

Please do not arouse the wildlife

please do not arouse the grouse :eng101:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

can't believe we had to make a "NO HORNING UP THE WILDLIFE" sign but here we are

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fuckin' same

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/nxaBw1v.mp4

it's an RC :(

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

If you go to monster jam, they're not far off! Rad as hell.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Telltolin posted:

that bird is super into his dance, she's gonna end up turning down every male she sees because nobody stacks up to ol' red legs

Yep, seems like them red chaps REALLY got her eye. This is what the rooster looks like and in birds vivid colours like the red "brow" are usually about mating.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Chap man is like those bumpy brown Australian bear bottles but for birds.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Didn't used to be their truck, but finders keepers

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Martha Reeves & the Vandellas running around the Ford Motors plant without any PPE for a music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR9pvGtyiHg

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

deong posted:

If you go to monster jam, they're not far off! Rad as hell.

Yeah, if y'all haven't checked out monster trucks since you were a kid I recommend taking a look. That first flip is something I've seen.

I feel bad for all of the ophthalmology surgeons this weekend that are going to have to explain to some kid that they only have one eye now.

raggedphoto
May 10, 2008

I'd like to shoot you
When my dad was a kid his brother threw a sparkler into the air and it stuck into my dads skull when it came down. He forever has a bald spot and a slight dip in his scalp there. This is one of the milder stories from their childhood.

People in Portland have been freaking out that “even sparklers are banned” but honestly they almost seem more dangerous than other fireworks in some ways.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sparklers should be banned because they're disproportionately dumb and boring compared to the bodily dangers they pose. At least the explodey kinds are gonna do something cool while they hurt you

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Sparklers are actually very good, because when I was little kid I had trouble telling my right from my left until I burned myself with a sparkler. Then I just had to remember that the left arm was the one with the big-rear end scar. Easy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’d believe it, a sparkler is held at arms length for a minute or two even when used as intended. A firework is far away from you and only dangerous for an instant unless you hosed up badly

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
A sparkler was the only thing to give me a decent injury when growing up and playing with fireworks. Visiting my grandparents at their house and somehow the idea of running while holding a sparkler in each hand seemed like a good idea. While doing that, I tripped and landed on one, and had this fun scar for quite awhile. Never injured myself worse even when moving up to Dumb Teenager levels of pyrotechnics.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Yep, seems like them red chaps REALLY got her eye. This is what the rooster looks like and in birds vivid colours like the red "brow" are usually about mating.

Wrong hemisphere. The guy's from Revelstoke, BC, so that's a dusky grouse, not a black grouse. The males get yellow eyebrows in their breeding plumage.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

We had ostriches growing up and they used to do this ridiculous mating dance towards us nearly nonstop so it's good we can tag them back

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Hilario Baldness posted:

We had ostriches growing up and they used to do this ridiculous mating dance towards us nearly nonstop so it's good we can tag them back

Those birds wanted your dick.

Or wanted to give you some bird dick, whatever.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hilario Baldness posted:

:frogon:

also, never forget Bigpeeler Gets It In The rear end From An Ostrich

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Last 4th of July party I was at, I ended up standing with a lighter and random kids kept coming up with sparklers I didn't give to them, so I did the nice thing and lit them and they ran off. No one yelled at me, so I'm assuming they were fine.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFcgVe_YYg

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I found a hoard of sparklers in the kitchen cabinet one time, and had the bright idea to band them all together with a zip tie so I could light them all at once. This was like half a dozen boxes of them.

I took the bundle outside to light, bent the legs outward so it would stand upright on the parking lot pavement. I pulled a sparkler out and up from the center to act as a wick, then lit it up.

Man, it was quite the display.

After it was spent, I kicked the now-glowing red-hot steel rod leftover into a snowbank, and watched a giant cloud of steam rise up from it. Yeah, probably would have gotten nice and burnt had I held the lit bundle in my hand.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If you wrap a bunch of sparklers in duct tape, they do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAurWfQ637U&t=29s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BeamNG engine breaking down again

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

raggedphoto posted:

People in Portland have been freaking out that “even sparklers are banned” but honestly they almost seem more dangerous than other fireworks in some ways.

people from portland can't even pump their own gas so frankly it's completely fair to not trust them with incendiary devices

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
didnt they just repeal that

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

didnt they just repeal that

They did! Can’t wait to watch live re-enactments of the gasoline fight from Zoolander when Oregonians finally get their mitts on the pumps.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
https://i.imgur.com/cSLxPA7.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/Wz4QWM0.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/nYMcZZJ.mp4