Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why is that minifig worth so much anyways? Was it just in one set or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks like it was only in one set, Watto's Junkyard. Though that set looks pretty sick. Looks like it comes with two pod racers. Crazy that they didn't bother to print anything on the two minifigs. Even for a used set you're looking at over 250 bucks. Though I guess it's better to just part it out because the minifigs are worth more than the set.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just caught up on the last month of thread, I guess I need that Eldorado Fortress. Kinda like the Sanderson Sisters house as well but I can hold off for a bit.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like it was only in one set, Watto's Junkyard. Though that set looks pretty sick. Looks like it comes with two pod racers. Crazy that they didn't bother to print anything on the two minifigs. Even for a used set you're looking at over 250 bucks. Though I guess it's better to just part it out because the minifigs are worth more than the set.

The pods are neat, but by default the build is 1 podracer, 1 parted out podracer, and some junkyard paraphernalia. I think you're meant to disassemble the paraphernalia and use the same pieces to make a frame for the other pod, but we haven't gotten that far yet.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Speaking of randomly expensive stuff, the new Ninjago City Markets set has a missing pet poster for a goat.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mutata posted:

Here he is, the $200 minifig. He's holding the ~$5 printed 1x1 flat tile. He's standing next to the ~$60 Aldar Beedo, uhhh... minifig.

Now this is pod racing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dogen posted:

A few of them are genuinely cool (McLaren Solus, which comes in a two pack with a classic McLaren) but yeah the line does feel like it skews a little too much to modern super/hypercars. Or maybe that’s what kids now have posters of on their walls, like the Countach etc. was for people my age, I dunno what cars the kids like.

Kids don’t care about cars any more they’ve got posters of slurp juice on their walls

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

mutata posted:

Here he is, the $200 minifig.

wow, that's like, 3 goats worth!

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
1961 Corvette looks good but I'll have to skip it like I skipped the Camaro. Just not for me.

Gonna regret it in a few years when I don't have all the Creator Expert / Icons vehicles in that scale but w/e

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
boooo not a corvette :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like I complained about not getting a creator expert car a few days too early!

I think it's a good looking model, I guess it looks a little too boxy to me but that's lego for you. The real win is getting that porsche fender piece in red, so if I get motivated I can convert the 911 to a more proper color.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Should have gone with the one true Corvette... the 1990 ZR-1 :twisted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

lol https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8cc24c2c-5e12-4d6f-918b-7f2e4d5535ac

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

w00tazn posted:

1961 Corvette looks good but I'll have to skip it like I skipped the Camaro. Just not for me.

Gonna regret it in a few years when I don't have all the Creator Expert / Icons vehicles in that scale but w/e

I sold my mustang. Then regretted it and bought it again. But I got it new for about what I sold it so whatever. I sold the London Bus and didn't regret it at all. And I sold the Aston Martin and only slightly regret it. It just looked so stupid.

E: looking at the new car a thought hit me, and I suspect Carbs has already said this or is on board, but it seems inevitable for them to make a new curved piece. One that is between the current ones and the flat slop. Something a bit more gentle so they can get better curves on these cars. This is for the smaller 1x2 and 2x2 curves. I know there are much larger pieces with more options.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 30, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now THIS is shitposting

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Little does anyone know that the contributor learned Akkadian Cuneiform so that they could write their own complaint about Lego’s handling of the Bionicle franchise in Lego bricks.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think I would have preferred a C3, but it looks pretty good as a convertible. The hardtop version doesn’t… look good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

xzzy posted:

Looks like I complained about not getting a creator expert car a few days too early!

I think it's a good looking model, I guess it looks a little too boxy to me but that's lego for you. The real win is getting that porsche fender piece in red, so if I get motivated I can convert the 911 to a more proper color.

I think the topless version looks great, but something about the hard top looks off to me.

I’m still gonna buy it.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I just wanna give a shoutout to whatever photo editor thought this was a good way to handle the windscreens

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like those early convertibles where they have no idea how to make a hard top, so they make an ugly bubble.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like it except the front reminds me of the aston martin in a way.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, really missing the curves at the front, but I do like it. Maybe if it ever goes on sale.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's better than the DB5, because it's able to break up the completely flat side with the inset panel, and it has another slope at the bottom, but it still doesn't look great. I don't think I like it enough to get it though. Maybe I'll finally get the camaro.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I need to significantly slice down my Lego display space soon and absolutely cannot decide which sets get to stay on a shelf and which ones go into the closet.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

I need to significantly slice down my Lego display space soon and absolutely cannot decide which sets get to stay on a shelf and which ones go into the closet.

Get a new house

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Alright, I am very upset that I was not *personally informed* by Lego that there was a Midi-scaled loving EXECUTOR SUPER STAR DESTROYER.

My first clue that it was a thing was seeing it for sale on the shelf of the Rideau Centre Lego store and the next few moments are a blur.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Went into a Walmart nearby and they had 2 executors at $70 and 2 trash compactors at $72. Hate to give th money but bought one of each. 72 is still overpriced but better than 90.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Alright, I am very upset that I was not *personally informed* by Lego that there was a Midi-scaled loving EXECUTOR SUPER STAR DESTROYER.

My first clue that it was a thing was seeing it for sale on the shelf of the Rideau Centre Lego store and the next few moments are a blur.

man that thing has been sold out on the site since it actually launched. i checked and its finally set its status for backorder

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It’s a drat fine little display set

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Futanari Damacy posted:

Should have gone with the one true Corvette... the 1990 ZR-1 :twisted:

Hell yeah. :hf:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Borsche69 posted:

man that thing has been sold out on the site since it actually launched. i checked and its finally set its status for backorder

I didn't even know it was coming out. When I saw it on the shelf I swear I heard an angelic choir.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Rebuild all your sets at half size, so you can keep them all

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Midi-scale remakes of famous past Lego sets..

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I really dig the Corvette. Reminds me of some of the early nineties Model Team cars that I had as a kid.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Having stared at the new Corvette set for about a day, I think my opinion is that it's very good. Yeah, the lack of sweeping curves over the front fenders is a bummer, but those parts just don't exist yet. Even the very best MOCs I could find of the C1 skip that shaping. The tail is great, the interior is great, and it looks like most of the detailing is printed. I dunno, it just looks really nice. The price tag is hard to swallow (expensive even by the new standards of LEGO set pricing) but I think if it had all prints and no stickers, I'd be on board at that price. As it stands, I think I'd wait for 20% off or so.

Also, this entirely slaps. It's no secret that I think the JAZZCLUB is pretty lackluster but this really elevates it for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/14nfm3t/new_orleans_remodel_of_the_jazz_club_by_soffer/

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Despite not loving Disney THAT much, that new castle looks great… I really want it!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Borsche69 posted:

Thanks for this. I had been checking the Lego website occasionally to see when they get it back in stock. Got mine ordered to be here at some point in the next couple of weeks.

In other news, the Lego website has listed the Spideman Art set. It has a posable head and fingers, but still has an off looking perspective. And the head looks like it can move all of 10 degrees. And somehow the frame looks to be super thick for some unknown reason. It’s too bad they failed this one so badly. Making me think I might need to buy 3x Batman sets to make the tall Batman art.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Carbohydrates posted:

Also, this entirely slaps. It's no secret that I think the JAZZCLUB is pretty lackluster but this really elevates it for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/14nfm3t/new_orleans_remodel_of_the_jazz_club_by_soffer/

Oh poo poo, that’s great! All it’s missing are the horse hitching posts by the curb.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo, that’s great! All it’s missing are the goat hitching posts by the curb.

Fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Yet another post about how fun that Brickworld was two weeks ago, someone finally put up a video of the great ball contraption. It's extremely long but the highlights are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRiAI5xrFEM
1:55 mining cart
4:15 the hungry caterpillar
10:00 ball shooter through moving rings
20:30 cute robot
28:45 triangle grabber
35:00 picker upper, this one mystified me

and timelapse of building new hashima
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E4wEhpT9UA