Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
the most unbelievable thing about FFXVI is that after 5 years they still ain't fukcin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ben Nerevarine posted:

the most unbelievable thing about FFXVI is that after 5 years they still ain't fukcin

they eventually do, or at least it's implied

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

all of the eikon fights after the first one seem lame tbh. that one is cool and it makes it seem like it's some giant monsters fighting but after that it's like ifrit just moves around like it's regular person sized

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

all of the eikon fights after the first one seem lame tbh. that one is cool and it makes it seem like it's some giant monsters fighting but after that it's like ifrit just moves around like it's regular person sized

this is an insane opinion to have. bro you are in a spectacle game, embrace it. let it wash over you. don't think about it too hard and enjoy big monster punch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the first one is by far the least cool one lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

lmao

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the game's composer should also be tried at the hague for his crimes during the titan fight

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

turn off the TV posted:

the game's composer should also be tried at the hague for his crimes during the titan fight

Why, what did Soken do this time

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

turn off the TV posted:

what the gently caress

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

friend wants a novel multiplayer game and has suggested hunt: showdown. $16 on steam during the summer sale. looks kind of interesting from reading the wikipedia article, guess it’s an early version of this “extraction shooter” genre that I’ve never played. opinions?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

World War Mammories posted:

friend wants a novel multiplayer game and has suggested hunt: showdown. $16 on steam during the summer sale. looks kind of interesting from reading the wikipedia article, guess it’s an early version of this “extraction shooter” genre that I’ve never played. opinions?
lots of people like it. it's that sort of PvPvE game where i think its like 8 people fight around npcs for loot and then end up fighting each other to escape kinda thing. if that sounds up your wheelhouse, go for it

personally i don't really like small scale PvPvE games but thats just me.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
if you want a strictly novel pvp multiplayer game, play Chivalry 2

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hunt is generally widely recommended and has survived for years in genre where most die quickly much less multiplayer games in general. Also great sound design and menu music, the aesthetic in general is great, weapons feel gritty and nasty and a flock of crows sounds like the worlds ending

That said, my friends and I all bounced off it since there's permadeath for your randomly rolled characters after you hit a certain level, and you get perks and abilities from leveling up. They arent overwhelmingly powerful but in a game where a couple shots kills you taking an extra hit can mean a lot and you can get mown down by high level vets shooting you through thin walls and crap. It does feel great when you kill them yourself but since they probably have stats and skills you need luck to do it

I'd still say it's good but I'd mentally put yourself in almost a rogue like state of mind and just do your best with what's given to you when starting out. If you're the type who gets sweaty quickly you might rage out quick

Baykin
Feb 11, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

this is literally the worst opinion ive ever seen. jesus christ

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I'm playing the 2000 Game Boy Color metal gear game and good lord, this is incredible. This has to be the most impressive game boy game I've ever seen, and by far the best looking graphics on the system

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

cons of using the Black Knight Greatsword:
you need 18 drat dex to wield this thing
the r2 sucks cause it takes forever, tho it does throw off the timing for human opponents

pros of using the Black Knight Greatsword:
you can do this at level 40
https://i.imgur.com/0443TTx.mp4

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

the r2 sucks cause it takes forever, tho it does throw off the timing for human opponents

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lol what were they thinking

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i had such a bitch of a time getting my head wrapped around Dark Souls until i realized it was a game about flattening things

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

they hesitated

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

serious game for serious people

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I felt like I may have missed out on some challenge by getting the BKS in burg my first playthrough, then I did a Zwei playthrough. I thought it being insanely OP was a meme, I was wrong! Anything you dont pancake gets stunned, even bosses!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

World War Mammories posted:

it's pretty good I've heard, I'll never play it though because it's one of those skinner box shooters like siege and destiny and I have friends who won't shut up about it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmfao at ac valhalla where she puts the knife on top and says gently caress you nerd.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

playin capitalism lab and buying up land so when i become mayor i can use the citys money to buy all my land at a huge markup when i raise land values causing the city to go bankrupt

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wasteland 3 is $8, you should buy it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Popy posted:

playin capitalism lab and buying up land so when i become mayor i can use the citys money to buy all my land at a huge markup when i raise land values causing the city to go bankrupt

Wtf is Capitalism Lab

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Playing Cuphead for the first time.

Smoke bomb good.

gently caress the Dragon.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Ben Nerevarine posted:

wakka fucks tho?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
dave the diver rules. i take it back, it's like more one of those Motherlode/Steamworld Dig loop games but Subnautica themed with some restaurant management ala Cook Serve Delicious, though not as intense

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Xaris posted:

dave the diver rules. i take it back, it's like more one of those Motherlode/Steamworld Dig loop games but Subnautica themed with some restaurant management ala Cook Serve Delicious, though not as intense

It's selling incredibly well on Steam, good for the devs. The game oozes charm and the care put into it shows. Let's get a whole Dave franchise going. Dave the Caver, Dave the Spacer, Dave the Poster.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

Dave the Poster.

He does look pretty goony

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the french revolution chinese rpg seems fun so far, you play as Napoleon's sister and every VA is chinese

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Holy hell Fallout 4 sucks. They learned nothing from New Vegas. Slightly improved gunplay isn't worth whatever the gently caress they were trying to do.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It looks about ten thousand times better than new Vegas, the ugliest game ever made. F4 is the first 3d fallout with art design

But yeah obvs the quest and story stuff isn't as good, though I did enjoy accidentally blowing my sons head off

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Communist Thoughts posted:

It looks about ten thousand times better than new Vegas, the ugliest game ever made. F4 is the first 3d fallout with art design

But yeah obvs the quest and story stuff isn't as good, though I did enjoy accidentally blowing my sons head off

No argument there. New Vegas is, like all Bethesda games, an eyesore. Even Fallout 4 is kinda ugly, but at least it's semi-modern ugly. But I'll cut New Vegas some slack since managed to take Fallout 3's jury-rigged Oblivion crap and forcibly reshape it into something resembling a Fallout game by making your choices matter beyond getting an extra 30 bottle caps for a quest if you put points into Barter.

Meanwhile Fallout 4 was designed by folks who thought Skyrim's character-building was too crunchy and difficult and just wanted to give Fallout fans what they really want: to be a straight middle-aged shootman in a Joss Whedon movie. You could also be a woman too, I guess, but she's not allowed to be a shootman! That would be unacceptable!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Codsworth and Budget Inspector Gadget own, though. Same for drug-addicted libertarian zombie. Gotta give credit where it's due.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED BETHESDA LITERALLY FRIDGES YOUR WIFE

Screaming Idiot has issued a correction as of 13:38 on Jul 1, 2023

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Or your husband depending on character choice :colbert:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Meanwhile Fallout 4 was designed by folks who thought Skyrim's character-building was too crunchy and difficult and just wanted to give Fallout fans what they really want: to be a straight middle-aged shootman in a Joss Whedon movie. You could also be a woman too, I guess, but she's not allowed to be a shootman! That would be unacceptable!

I actually think f4 had pretty fun builds but I only played it once ages ago and didn't finish it. There were some neat luck ninja builds with the auto crit, I remember my friend was playing very differently to my melee build

I guess everyone was just tired of Bethesda slop by then but f4 was an improvement on f3 in every way which is not always a given with AAA games.
My partners dad played like 10, 000 hours of it somehow, base building stuff maybe
Never played 76 though.

I certainly thought the gameplay and rpg sfuff was better than Outer Worlds, Obsidians own Beth-fallout knockoff.
Tho I do remember f4 had a reeally stupid speech system where it was RNG so I'd just quicksave before every skill check and reload until I passed it.

My MC wasn't a white man either, you chose that, your white gun grasping hands aren't clean here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wait why do you think you can't make a shootwoman in fallout 4 :confused: