Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

If you need a player to skate a bee-line as fast as possible, Miles Wood is your guy. If you need someone to do anything else, Miles Wood is not your guy. If you need someone to take dumb penalties, Miles Wood is your guy. If you need someone to draw penalties, Miles Wood is not your guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Duchene signing is a great signing for Dallas

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars also signed Sam Steel to a contract, he was solid for Minnesota last year (atleast in the games I watched them play).

Stars brought in some good help at forward today

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Brad

Brad please

How long do you want Kerfoot back for?

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Buffalo is going to make the playoffs or ban me.

It’s enjoyable watching competent management build a team.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Where's the garbage Dumba contract Dubas!

Dumba can only sign a contract if he agrees to wear number 55

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

How long do you want Kerfoot back for?

…at least Holl is away from Keefe

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jason Zucker to AZ

1 yr $5.3m

Lots of veterans taking 1 year deals because they know teams are cap-strapped

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fawning deference posted:

Jason Zucker to AZ

1 yr $5.3m

holy poo poo that's a lot of money for him
wish you all the best Zuck

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bunting supposedly going to Carolina for 4.5M, which seems regrettable if it's longer than 2 years.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gotta get to the floor!!!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Devils have $5.6m left to upgrade their bottom six. I wonder if they can get KIllorn over on a one year deal to play with Palat.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Duchene to Dallas is a really smart move. Dallas has a chance to be very good next year...if they actually do something about Ryan Suter.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

grack posted:

Gonchar was an integral part to winning a cup so absolutely let's go!

Zucker getting basically what he got this season past is great for him then half retained for a 3rd back to Pittsburgh at the deadline.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1674901157628739585?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Wonder how much Blackwood was looking for lol

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Eric the Mauve posted:

If they're not gonna trade Laf the Rangers really need to give him 20 minutes a night, and vice versa. It's way past poo poo/off-the-pot time with him.

It's looking more and more likely every day the Rangers front office don't know what they're doing and are going to squander this core of great young talent they absolutely should have been able to win a Cup with

This is my take on all the bullshit

Ignoring what went on with Gorton and JD being fired and Drury coming in, it's no surprise Quinn was fired and Drury hired someone else. Quinn wasn't getting the most out of the players obviously and a new GM hiring a new coach is practically expected. I also don't think Gallant was a crazy hire at the time, as the team needed a coach to loosen the reigns and they did surprisingly well under him in some ways, but it also became clear this season that his hands off approach was just too hands off and the team lacked some structure and direction. Vets probably didn't mind that as much but imagine you're a young player like Laf or Kakko trying to find your place in the league and the coach doesn't really talk to you and the gameplan is just "go out there and play north/south and if it doesn't work play harder"

Laviolette isn't an exciting hire but Muse as an assistant is intriguing as hell as is Peca, as they have some track records of helping young players with their preparation and how to get to and play in the NHL. And if Laviolette can give them a better structure to play in then it might help them tremendously.

So, I have some hope that Drury etc have realized they need to bring these young players along better and some of these coaches are being hired to address that.

Laf and Kakko should be given a lot more icetime and responsibility because if the Rangers really want to take a realistic step towards being a cup team they need those guys to round into driving forces for the team. Superstars? Maybe not, but 70+ point players yes

As for Wheeler that's probably a good signing for depth for a team that is weak at RW, though I actually don't want him on the PP if it's as the cost of trying to get Kakko or Laf PP time. Quick is eh whatever, it's fine. Allaire can probably coach him up to be a solid backup and that's cheap AF (even Halak cost more than that last year).

Pitlick sucks completely IIRC so blah. Feel like that's the case with Nash too but these are depth 4th line/13th forward guys

Wonderllama posted:

Where’s levitate to tell me again how unfair it is to have a income tax advantage and how every player wants to play in Florida/Texas/Tennessee?

I mean they have to live in the hell state that's Florida so I guess you have to give people some kind of incentive.

Non-Rangers news...the thing that soured me about Reaves is that apparently he still thought he could play and was upset he was being scratched by the Rangers (though maybe he disputed that, I dunno, depends on who you believe I guess).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

grack posted:

He did wear 55 his first year-plus, then switched to 24 when Matt Cooke vacated it.

Jason Zucker to AZ

1 yr $5.3m

I think it's more because of the expectation of the cap rising next summer

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1675211751606894592?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Adding one more jerk to the roster

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Is Mike Johnson going to survive this panel? At least he's willing to go after some of these dumbshits.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: at TSN saying Matthews might ask for less money out of the goodness of his heart

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I guess that means they're not resigning Teravainen next season but I have some bad news about how useful Bunting is(n't) in a third line role.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I am incredibly disappointed with the Capitals so far. The Pacioretty contract in a vacuum isn't awful but given where they are as a team and given the necessity to get younger and faster it's a terrible fit. They also gave him an NMC so they can't even flip him for anything good at the TDL.

The Edmundson trade is just them not knowing what players are any good.

Show me the 8 x $8 million contract for Tom Wilson and put me out of my misery

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Did the Canes do really great 4-on-4 last year? Whichever team was #1 at that is the team that should've signed Bunting.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/stefen_rosner/status/1675202209707900928?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Please fire this man before he can hurt me anymore :smith: Isles are the worst trade partner they have 0 prospects worth a drat

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Mind_Taker posted:

I am incredibly disappointed with the Capitals so far. The Pacioretty contract in a vacuum isn't awful but given where they are as a team and given the necessity to get younger and faster it's a terrible fit. They also gave him an NMC so they can't even flip him for anything good at the TDL.

The Edmundson trade is just them not knowing what players are any good.

Show me the 8 x $8 million contract for Tom Wilson and put me out of my misery

obviously washington need smore veteran leadership to bring along their promising young players

e: Isles getting Debrincat is annoying as gently caress but Pageau always killed the Rangers so maybe that's a wash

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Jason Zucker to AZ

1 yr $5.3m

Bertuzzi, you dumbass

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Flyers signed Ryan Poheling for some reason

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/stefen_rosner/status/1675202209707900928?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Please fire this man before he can hurt me anymore :smith: Isles are the worst trade partner they have 0 prospects worth a drat
That suuuuuuuuucks

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rangers also apparently signing Nick Bonino

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Bunting supposedly going to Carolina for 4.5M, which seems regrettable if it's longer than 2 years.

Big Ryan Dzingel vibes imo

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So I guess Twitter is fully busted and there's no news

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

obviously washington need smore veteran leadership to bring along their promising young players

e: Isles getting Debrincat is annoying as gently caress but Pageau always killed the Rangers so maybe that's a wash

Pageau is an absolute nightmare against the Rangers please make him go away

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Levitate posted:

Rangers also apparently signing Nick Bonino

That's a shame. He's washed up.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Paccioretty 1x2 with the caps is a good one

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Matt Irwin is still in the NHL

Okay, I guess

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

So I guess Twitter is fully busted and there's no news

Here you go.

I can't be that enthused to report on 2x$2M for Vlad Namestnikov in WPG, sorry.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Bruins have won the Milan Lucic sweepstakes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lotta chatter that the Pens are going hard on Karlsson

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1675222514014797826?s=46&t=UiTVuiDvpkwYqlzJnMDbJA

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
SIX YEARS FOR MILES WOOD?