Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Just lol if they trade Dame for scraps.

But also, as a Blazer fan, thank god that poo poo is over. You don't draft scoot and have him play off the bench.

The Rockets are overpaying Fred just to be able to do that with Amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Intruder posted:

my guess is Amen wins a starting guard job from Green pretty quickly lol.

But that is probably my generally low opinions of Jalen Green bleeding through, but that could just be tinted by the fact that he was allowed to and indulged in playing yolo ball for 2 years, due to keeping a coach around who wasn't hired to coach a bunch of kids.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

live with fruit posted:

They're hard to compare because Kawhi and the Spurs had an ugly breakup and Dame and the Blazers seem to be doing it amicably.

I mentioned LaMarcus in my post because he was straightforward with the Spurs in his trade request and didn't try to gently caress them over.

As compared to the stupidity that was Kawhi using his knee issues to provoke the Spurs into doing something his camp could use as an excuse to pressure them into trading him and still look good in the process.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

anakha posted:

I mentioned LaMarcus in my post because he was straightforward with the Spurs in his trade request and didn't try to gently caress them over.

As compared to the stupidity that was Kawhi using his knee issues to provoke the Spurs into doing something his camp could use as an excuse to pressure them into trading him and still look good in the process.

It's fitting that Uncle Dennis finally got his way and now Kawhi's stuck in purgatory in LA.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

live with fruit posted:

It's fitting that Uncle Dennis finally got his way and now Kawhi's stuck in purgatory in LA.

Probably pretty happy, Kawhi has some rings, is in his hometown, and is making a bunch of money to play Basketball whenever his body is capable of it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

my guess is Amen wins a starting guard job from Green pretty quickly lol.

But that is probably my generally low opinions of Jalen Green bleeding through, but that could just be tinted by the fact that he was allowed to and indulged in playing yolo ball for 2 years, due to keeping a coach around who wasn't hired to coach a bunch of kids.

The no-shooting backcourt would be rough to watch

e: I'm still hopeful Jalen can regain the magic of his last ~30ish games of his rookie season

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 1, 2023

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I will not report to any team unless it’s the Heat, and only if you trade Gabe Vincent for me and that’s it.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I would rather have Schröder than Russell as my PG. But I understand keeping Rui and Russell was their top priority, so whatever.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1675203708311699459

additionally, Tyler Herro can not be traded until July 6th

e: oh yeah Dame can't be traded until the 9th either. so we're stuck in rumor-land for another 8 days minimum

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 1, 2023

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Dexo posted:

Probably pretty happy, Kawhi has some rings, is in his hometown, and is making a bunch of money to play Basketball whenever his body is capable of it.

Win-win then.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
As a Portland fan, I hope they send Dame wherever he wants.

Also as a Portland fan, if they can dump Nurkic in the process, I'm so sick of Nurk.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1675211555774910465

Big for the Bucks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

good for the Bucks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish Kawhi had joined the Bron AD lakers instead of the Clippers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Now there's a name I was hoping to see the Rockets sign

Glad some of you are still able to see tweets so the news can keep updating :v: Elon is doing his best to kill the site

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/PatBevPod/status/1675209914082377729

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

why?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Lmao Kawhi would have been murdered publicly if he was on that team.

AD gets poo poo on all the time for being injured, and he's been far more healthy than Kawhi has been recently.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Less than 20m a year is a good price for D'lo

Intruder posted:

I think they'll run Amen next to Fvv for spacing

And they'll run out plenty of 3 guard lineups because you've got to put your talent on the floor. Kinda Detroit esque there with 1s,2s, and 5s

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Clippers probably do too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:sickos:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is Chicago's whole defensive identity going to crater without Pat Bev yelling at ppl?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

:tif:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

PatBevPod

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe Harden is staying after all if they're still signing his former alsorans

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is Chicago's whole defensive identity going to crater without Pat Bev yelling at ppl?

Jevon Carter was one of the best guard defenders in the league last year.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Apparently it’s a minimum contract

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/James_M_Kay/status/1675212282710614017?s=20

Aye holy loving poo poo

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 1, 2023

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

we have jevon carter yelling at people

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

uh thanks for trading all those picks before leaving

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

weird that Philadelphia would sign a former houston rocket

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Genuinely can't believe I forgot about one of the greatest shirts of all time

Just incredible

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lol Woj owns

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

They need someone with championship experience to get them over the hump, and who better than Play-In Pat

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexo posted:

Regardless, all Dame has to say or make it known is that "He won't report to X Team"

And that would crater any trade that X team wants to offer.

Like what happened when Boston tried to trade for Anthony Davis.

If Dame gets traded to Sacramento or wherever, would he actually sit out the rest of his contract?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Dame gets traded to Sacramento or wherever, would Dame actually sit out the rest of his contract?

Prooooobably not, but a team isn't going to give their best offer if it's possible Dame decides to just retire or not report with his millions he's made so far.

You don't trade for a player that doesn't want to be there. Kawhi was fine playing his last UFA year in Toronto because he knew he could go wherever afterwards.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hali lobs to Obi gonna be fun.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't like giving Toppin away for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1675218487982145536

Reaves back to LAL for 4/56. Nifty deal for the Lakers assuming he doesn't turn into a pumpkin