Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
He's gonna have to make up another KPI to make himself feel good because the user-seconds thing is gonna tank hard with this "feature"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lid posted:

No he's the opposite, he's part of that cult of billionaires obsessed with eugenics and pure breeding. It's why he has so many children that all hate him.

And why he has step-sisters in womb right now.
They think they are perfect specimens of genetics, which is why all Adonis' go bald at age 20.

.random
May 7, 2007

theghostpt posted:

He's gonna have to make up another KPI to make himself feel good because the user-seconds thing is gonna tank hard with this "feature"

Percentage of quota used per account is averaging out to 99%! An all-time high!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

theghostpt posted:

User-seconds > server calls bing bong

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

JC, Twitter’s going... The platform’s going black! JC! No more hyperlinks, tweets of any kind. We'll start again, live in forums... If you receive this, if you survive... Then find us. FIND US!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol it's literally "turning a big dial that says 'Tweet limit' on it and constantly looking back at the users for approval"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MrQwerty posted:

User-seconds > server calls bing bong

Will never break the user seconds record with seconds now being rationed

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Adding postview paywall to the Elon Lowtax bingo board.

I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories that the billionaires are actively trying to destroy social media because they were getting tired of the poors getting such a loud voice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trying to think of some of my favorite Musk embarrassing moments. There are too many. I think so far my absolute favorite for sure is when he went up against Dril and got dunked on really hard.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I said come in! posted:

Trying to think of some of my favorite Musk embarrassing moments. There are too many. I think so far my absolute favorite for sure is when he went up against Dril and got dunked on really hard.
Challenged Zuckerberg to a fist fight then had his mom call it off

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Pookah posted:

And here I am , never had an account and I'm busily scraping SO MUCH data from all these embedded tweets, and Elon can't stop me.
:twisted:

I have a Firefox extension that acts like a RSS feed of Twitter accounts I still wanted to follow without actually using my account, but then I never read the feed because even at the time I only barely used Twitter, so it's just been sitting there scraping unread tweets until today where it seems like it's finally unable to get any new ones. I like to think I did my part in making Musky sad

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lid posted:

No he's the opposite, he's part of that cult of billionaires obsessed with eugenics and pure breeding. It's why he has so many children that all hate him.

you dont need to be childless or a virgin to be an incell.

musk wants his peepee to feel good, but Grimes wont give him the time of day, nor will any other women even though he's rich. he's kinda like a cousin or a different evolution branch to Notch.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I deleted my Twitter account the day he took over. How many mins of scrolling does it take to hit the new limits?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Vib Rib posted:

Challenged Zuckerberg to a fist fight then had his mom call it off

Apparently going ahead in the Coliseum

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I said come in! posted:

has to be when he paid Dave Chappelle to let him on stage during a show and got booed so hard it broke his brain

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

davecrazy posted:

I deleted my Twitter account the day he took over. How many mins of scrolling does it take to hit the new limits?

Like 10 minutes or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kazil posted:

has to be when he paid Dave Chappelle to let him on stage during a show and got booed so hard it broke his brain

Ooh god I forgot about that one. That was incredible.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

I said come in! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTXBFcvoMQ

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
kinda disappointed that I won't be able to browse japanese twitter when everybody wakes up in a few hours to see the reaction

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Not believing this is on purpose, they probably broke something and are covering it up with 'yeah it was on purpose'.
If I hit retry a few times things do load, sometimes, other times everything is just broken.
They just slapped a 'You're rate limited' banner on the bottom while they're trying to fix whatever's wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sterf posted:

Not believing this is on purpose, they probably broke something and are covering it up with 'yeah it was on purpose'.
If I hit retry a few times things do load, sometimes, other times everything is just broken.
They just slapped a 'You're rate limited' banner on the bottom while they're trying to fix whatever's wrong.
yeah ive been idly scrolling down the app just to see if itd eventually limit me and it never did, and ive seen way more than 600

and the error message still says 'wait a few minutes then try again' and not 'you are rate limited for the day'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

im just not going to use twitter anymore, you all actually saved my life.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Rate limit is defintiely cover for a massive fire in the server room

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
What does a limit of 600 viewable posts even mean. Do replies count? If you click on a thread is every post counted against you? Do your own posts on your own profile? Just seems like bullshit he's spontaneously throwing out to distract from the website being on fire in a way he can't fix.

Also lists just seem hosed. I can get individual tweets to eventually show up but I can't get any lists to load.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Gonna extremely limit views on my site that depends on ad revenue, I am a business genius...kneel before me

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I think Elon would really like Animal Crossing because it would give him the feeling of living around people who actually love and appreciate him as a person. It would be a real escapist fantasy for him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

emSparkly posted:

I think Elon would really like Animal Crossing because it would give him the feeling of living around people who actually love and appreciate him as a person. It would be a real escapist fantasy for him.

It also involves paying rent so it too fictional for him.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Stink Billyums posted:

kinda disappointed that I won't be able to browse japanese twitter when everybody wakes up in a few hours to see the reaction

If japanese twitter does a mass exodus that’ll be the last straw, those are load bearing anime girls

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

emSparkly posted:

he’d get upset when he can’t play as Tom Nook

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

emSparkly posted:

Make him play Gamecube Animal Crossing, where the animals insult your intelligence.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Youth Decay posted:

Adding postview paywall to the Elon Lowtax bingo board.

I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theories that the billionaires are actively trying to destroy social media because they were getting tired of the poors getting such a loud voice.

They're not that smart

They are all idiot narcissists that no one tells no, therefore they are very popular and smart obviously :shepface:

Burns
May 10, 2008

All this because Grimes dumped him. Lol.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He would complain constantly that the social contract was not balanced.

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
morgan stanley my people yearn for freedom

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Head Bee Guy posted:

Rate limit is defintiely cover for a massive fire in the server room

"you might be able to load 600 tweets today :shrug:"

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

What a lovely day to uninstall Twitter and start posting rehab

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wonder how the saudis who funded his purchase of twitter feel about this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay TweetDeck appears to be able to bypass the tweet daily limit lmao. Reading Elons latest tweet, the blue checkmark responses to him are all negative. Everyone is against him on this one.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/stevanzetti/status/1675210214314737664?s=46&t=zT_I03vxpg3zsfxl4cf83A

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

i wonder how the saudis who funded his purchase of twitter feel about this

God willing this will end with him getting a visit from the Tiger Squad.