Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Namtab posted:

Christ psp has changed since the last time I posted here
psp has become the most pro-aew, anti-wwe forum on the internet, where now the most vociferous arguments occur when debating which is best in aew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its not really intentional, my friends mark and i have stopped watching and the ones who do continue to read the forum to post about aew, and they see a bunch of posts in the wwe thread and think 'wow what bullcrap are they up to now' and inevitably, they have done some bull crap

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Coaaab posted:

psp has become the most pro-aew, anti-wwe forum on the internet, where now the most vociferous arguments occur when debating which is best in aew

People bitched about WWE for years but kept watching it because it was the only game in town as far as the mainstream was concerned, it’s possibly the first time in history that people have actually put their money where their mouth is and abandoned a product when the alternative they’d been asking for appeared.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

London World Odor

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i forced everyone to pretend that they don't like wwe if they want to post here to my forum. you can ignore the mandate but i wouldn't

bartok
May 10, 2006

is pepsi ok posted:

I will be watching because Saturday afternoon wrestling is the best

I've been rewatching Justified and I think I'm going to keep doing that. I'm up to Season 5 and while it's arguably the weakest season it's still pretty drat good.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

bartok posted:

I've been rewatching Justified and I think I'm going to keep doing that. I'm up to Season 5 and while it's arguably the weakest season it's still pretty drat good.

I've also been rewatching Justified and I'm on season 5 as well. The show is so loving good even on a rewatch, and then I have the new miniseries to watch.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I dropped out of wrestling for a while and then came back around the Rumble, watched til Mania, felt clowned on by Mania Night 2, and ended up when the wrestling itch never faded just going with the product that regularly entertains me while ignoring the product that doesn't. I'm not trying to be "anti-WWE", it's just not particularly interesting to me right now and clips I see from it just kind of reinforce that, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this feeling. I'm sure MITB will be fun as it almost always is with some notable exceptions.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's OK, I'll be very anti-WWE.

It's not just that the product is bad (it's bad) it's that it's a despicable immoral company to boot. If it was well-meaning but embarrassing you wouldn't see a fraction of the vitriol here

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
TNA was really popular despite being, for a lot of its run, a thousand times worse than present-day WWE

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

wwe sucks and its always sucked. The house style is bad, the promo style is bad, the presentation is bad, everything about it is bad. These clowns couldn't and cant book an entertaining show with the best wrestling roster ever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

wwe sucks and its always sucked. The house style is bad, the promo style is bad, the presentation is bad, everything about it is bad. These clowns couldn't and cant book an entertaining show with the best wrestling roster ever.

Mad?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Zelina Vega was rehired specifically to get at Malakai Black and I won’t be convinced otherwise

...but Malakai was still with the WWE when they rehired Zelina?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vandar posted:

...but Malakai was still with the WWE when they rehired Zelina?

No he wasn’t they released him the month before they rehired her

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Julio Cruz posted:

TNA was really popular despite being, for a lot of its run, a thousand times worse than present-day WWE

wwe will never be charmed enough to run a ppv with the screen being taken up by a seizure-inducing cartoon turkey

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 1, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

24/7 brother, how are you doing today?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not too bad. Surrounded by English wrestling fans though :cry:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Let me know how difficult it is to get out of the stadium/ use public transport afterwards so that I know for when I go to the better AEW show.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I feel like getting out of Wembley is always a pain in the rear end, though the AEW show might not be as bad as other events.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whoever Grayson Waller is got a nasty surprise!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Grayson Waller is a rare bright spot, a really fun Australian wrestler who was Matty Wahlberg on the indies.

But John Cena talking about how they're gonna bring Mania to Wembley :lol:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don’t think he mentioned Wembley

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cena knows the Big Dog couldn’t fill Wembley

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

drat...the report I read lied to me. This is less funny.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i forced everyone to pretend that they don't like wwe if they want to post here to my forum. you can ignore the mandate but i wouldn't

I’m going to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Jey Uso is the first person to pin Roman Reigns since Baron Corbin did it in 2019

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Coaaab posted:

Before AEW we were just the most anti-wwe forum where the most vociferous debates were about who hated it most.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
....so what I'm gathering is the MITB pre-show isn't starting right now like I assumed.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

....so what I'm gathering is the MITB pre-show isn't starting right now like I assumed.

Dude it's like midnight in the UK.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

Dude it's like midnight in the UK.

This Casual Fan was unaware they were in Europe!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You didnt miss anything

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

It's true. Every time I want to acknowledge my Tribal Chief, he does that thing where you come up behind someone and poke someone in their sides with your index fingers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The bloodline tag match looks pretty good, maybe I’ll watch it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Coaaab posted:

bbe fair to wwe :(

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Remember to stand up for wwe :911:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Get the "F" Out...whoops, wrong ad campaign :v:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

The bloodline tag match looks pretty good, maybe I’ll watch it

Fills the void left behind by Succession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

wrestlemania at craven cottage gonna be huge yeah!!!