Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
can you really call it whataburger if it doesn’t have beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sometimes i'll go to whataburger and only get the beans

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
chips and queso is one of the worst tex mex dishes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Queso is disgusting. Next question.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Give me chips with salsa and guac over hested cheese out of s barrel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fresh diced serranos, white american cheese, monterrey jack, half-and-half

nectar of the gods

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Nice soup

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gracias

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

chips and queso is one of the worst tex mex dishes

>:[

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
These are some mild food takes. Here is a spicy one: I have enjoyed, from time to time, a chili styled stew that includes beans. Shameful, I know.

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
Are we talking just plain queso with like melted Velveeta and Rotel like my coworkers love to make every time there's a potluck, or any type of queso here? Because there's a place near me that makes excellent queso compuesto (and margaritas) and I keep finding myself going back there despite everything else on the menu being so-so because that queso is so drat good.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
mi cocina is good tex mex

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Ban everyone in this thread who has an unkind word to say about queso, even if it is a troll.

Atahualpa posted:

Are we talking just plain queso with like melted Velveeta and Rotel like my coworkers love to make every time there's a potluck, or any type of queso here? Because there's a place near me that makes excellent queso compuesto (and margaritas) and I keep finding myself going back there despite everything else on the menu being so-so because that queso is so drat good.

I will defend Velveeta and Rotel until the day I die. Yes it's objectively inferior to many many incredible quesos where there's time and quality ingredients involved, but it still has its place in my heart.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

last couple times i bought the HEB brand velveeta and it came out grainy. iunno if i'm heating it too fast or what

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
You got it too hot or you heated it too quickly. Low and slow.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Atahualpa posted:

drop names or gently caress off i want the cheese

edit:

velveeta queso is valid, the chips need to be extra salty though or it's very low/mid. also the reason it's traditionally done in a slow cooker becomes obvious if you heat it too fast, as swears has discovered.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

zoux posted:

you mfs have never clicked on an article in your lives

i'm a sicko that subscribes to DMN, fight me

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
If you want great creamy queso with any cheese whatsoever the answer is sodium citrate as the emulsifier.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Julio’s is the superior tortilla chip for all things queso and salsa

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

i'm a sicko that subscribes to DMN, fight me

What the hell

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Choriqueso is the superior version of Tex Mex melted cheese.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Nobody calls it that. You can just add chorizo to queso.

Edit: unless you mean flameado, in which case you are correct.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Captain Monkey posted:

Nobody calls it that. You can just add chorizo to queso.

Edit: unless you mean flameado, in which case you are correct.

The only difference between flameado and choriqueso is that flameado is flamed tableside for a bit of flourish. When I've made it in the past, I skip that because I'm not one to ignite alcohol inside someone's home.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Atahualpa posted:

If I hear someone say “ I’m bringing queso” I know it’s garbage velveeta cheese dip with rotel. If someone says they are bringing “cheese dip” I hold out hope it’s at least Ricos fake rear end nacho cheese.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Velveeta and rotel is easy to spruce up if you throw some ground beef or sausage in it.

I like making fancy guac with freshly diced ingredients, but I get just as good of a family response from avocado + lawry’s + pace picante sauce :negative:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

7 raises to end up with $2/hour more money. So, like, each raise was under $0.30?

Also, I would be absolutely terrified to get on a bus (or drive on the same street with a bus) that had a loving college kid driving it. WTF, Aggies?

Democratic Pirate posted:

Velveeta and rotel is easy to spruce up if you throw some ground beef or sausage in it.

I like making fancy guac with freshly diced ingredients, but I get just as good of a family response from avocado + lawry’s + pace picante sauce :negative:

Now that I've had the HEB MealSimple brisket queso, I don't know that I could go back to velveeta and rotel. It's just as easy to make, tastes so much better, and when you're done you've got one of those serving tins that are amazingly useful to have around.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

Now that I've had the HEB MealSimple brisket queso, I don't know that I could go back to velveeta and rotel. It's just as easy to make, tastes so much better, and when you're done you've got one of those serving tins that are amazingly useful to have around.

by volume those things are like 10x more expensive and you gotta add your own milk. they good tho

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

7 raises to end up with $2/hour more money. So, like, each raise was under $0.30?

Also, I would be absolutely terrified to get on a bus (or drive on the same street with a bus) that had a loving college kid driving it. WTF, Aggies?

It wasn't so bad. At the end of the day they are just as licensed, qualified, and trained as a city bus driver.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hopefully they learn like capmetro, lessons like being able to take a right-hand turn really fast if you hop the curb

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i say swears online posted:

hopefully they learn like capmetro, lessons like being able to take a right-hand turn really fast if you hop the curb

100% this happened

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

pay them more, assholes

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

George H.W. oval office posted:

It wasn't so bad. At the end of the day they are just as licensed, qualified, and trained as a city bus driver.

College-age Aggies shouldn’t be allowed to drive anything other than a tricycle, much less a bus full of other people.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That dude looks exactly like what an AI would composite together after scraping the last 40 years of student IDs for the prompt, "Aggie, not a cadet"

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Do you have to make sure to say howdy to the driver every time you get picked up and get yelled out if you don't give your seat up to a lady as a male? I remember getting so loving motion sick because I gave my seat up

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If you’re ever at A&M make sure to walk on every single patch of grass and see which ones cause lunatics to scream at you

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If you’re ever at A&M make sure to walk on every single patch of grass and see which ones cause lunatics to scream at you

If you're lucky it'll just be an agriculture student concerned about the grass.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

if it wasn't for those dang ol' labor laws, the aggie cultists would volunteer to work for free

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

halokiller posted:

if it wasn't for those dang ol' labor laws, the aggie cultists would volunteer to work for free

My favorite Harrison Ford movie is when he fights the Aggie cultists in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Whoop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Big Mean Jerk posted:

College-age Aggies shouldn’t be allowed to drive anything other than a tricycle, much less a bus full of other people.

Honestly, a city bus is probably slightly smaller than some of the mega-lifted, coal-rolling Ford F-3500s that some Aggies drive around.