Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I don't think Biden NEEDS Ukraine shows up militarily before the NATO summit.

Nobody is going to question NATO's continued support except maybe Hungary and France. I have already heard a conspiracy that the "French George Floyd riot" was a "color revolution" by the DEM to teach Macron a lesson.

Macron's most recent speech plays lip service to Ukraine joining NATO, so maybe he got the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
“Please give us time to re-arm and attack you again from a position of strength” :qq:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Threads is better, but I respect most Americans won't care about Sheffield being nuked when I myself figured it a mercy killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

what they failed to understand back then is that the post apocalyptic wasteland envisioned wouldn’t happen from nukes but from their side winning

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

There was been talk for months about how the goal is to reclaim Crimea and the rest of the territories, I think the assumption with that is that they would demand an end to the war if they accomplished their goals. It is less a "ceasefire," but demanding Russian surrender after an "inevitable" Russian defeat.

If anything, they are still pushing out the same rhetoric after the counter-offensive failed.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I dunno, the narrative feels like it has changed. Before even talking about peace treaties was viewed as treasonous. Now at least it's on the table.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Idk how Moscow will take a ceasefire talk. The last one was Minsk II and Ukraine/NATO basically bragged about how that was just to buy time for this war, right?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I dunno, the narrative feels like it has changed. Before even talking about peace treaties was viewed as treasonous. Now at least it's on the table.

I don’t know if Ukraine ever rejected Russia signing an instrument of surrender, I think Zelensky has mentioned it before.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, the plan in Kherson really didn't make any sense, they easily were held up within about 400 meters of the bridge itself and could just be slammed with artillery. That said, their probing attacks in general don't seem to make sense either, unless they just slowly want to bleed manpower for almost no gain.

The big what if is now Belarus.

if Belarus...what? Invades from the north?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

if Belarus...what? Invades from the north?

Russia (and Wagner) use it as a staging ground again, specifically in far West Ukraine. The Belarusians may or may not be involved.

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
Bad news for Russia

https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1675065988910383104

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I really don't think the United Transitional Cabinet of Belarus would allow something like that.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

god i hope he joins azov

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The NYT has stories on its current front page about how Prigozhin is an opening for a post-Putin Russia and also Ukrainian forces are preparing to fight him.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ardennes posted:

I don’t know if Ukraine ever rejected Russia signing an instrument of surrender, I think Zelensky has mentioned it before.

I meant from the media.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

All your base are belong to us.
You are on the way to to destruction.
You have no chance to survive make your time

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
It's always a loving Austrian isn't it?

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Jeff Fatwood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdWPVznvryo

Good news, they're already in the field striking convoy targets

Those are Yaks, not I-16. Get your C&C lore straight.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1675024478336581632?t=-BkbrIruGvCtanwy6PGOsw&s=19

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

it hurts to know some people* can be paid to post empty threats all day but the rest of us have to go to real jobs

* kind of a stretch to call austrians that but still

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

supersnowman posted:

Those are Yaks, not I-16. Get your C&C lore straight.

:mad:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think that’s what pogrom means

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

euphronius posted:

the final triumph of liberalism will be to say that the worst part of the holocaust was the jewish owned shops getting their windows broken instead of you know, 6 million dead people

speng31b
May 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
A progrom is when some stuff happens right?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

A progrom is when some stuff happens right?

Kind of yeah

quote:

Pogrom (f"to destroy, ruin") - mass violent acts against a group of people based on religion, nationality, class or race, usually prompted by extremist organizations or groups. Incited usually by extremist organizations or the police. They are characterised by physical attacks and the destruction of homes, businesses and religious buildings. Often accompanied by torture and murder, mutilation, destruction and looting of property, Rape.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Jul 1, 2023

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

January 6 Survivor posted:

the final triumph of liberalism will be to say that the worst part of the holocaust was the jewish owned shops getting their windows broken instead of you know, 6 million dead people

lol 12 but ok

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

📟 ЩЕ НЕ ВМЕРЛА posted:

29.07.2005, Donetsk region.

Prisoners under the protection of an SBU officer are mowing a cannabis field that was discovered near the Russian-Ukrainian border.
(from t.me/yetnotdead/3472, via tgsa)

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Kind of yeah

which religion, nationality, class or race is being attacked in France?

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

nigel thornberry posted:

which religion, nationality, class or race is being attacked in France?

The French

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dunno, petit bourgieosie maybe.

Живём не богато posted:

(from t.me/nebo_gato/10947, via tgsa)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

France is a large multi National state so that answer doesn’t really work

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

yevgeny pogromzhin

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/witte_sergei/status/1675160512961859585

big if true

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Lol literally the one concrete military thing that the Sanctions were claimed to do was prevent Russia from making new missiles. NATO really hosed their end of this up for Ukraine

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

The war on cars has gone too far

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Please, auto-Americans.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Twitter is broken, learn to how to take and post screenshots again.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BearsBearsBears posted:

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

BearsBearsBears posted:

bend the knee to Elon and get an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Going by the events of last week, I think it's safe to say english twitter posts love to proclaim every civil war that didn't happen.