Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

i mean if there's nothing saying one way or the other how would that make the clickbait articles more true

those articles exist so teenagers can call each other pedophiles for writing the wrong shipping fanfics
That's teenagers for you. When adults call each other paedophiles, they don't waste time citing sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

my favorite thing about all those sites is that they almost invariably list eula, a character whose major character trait is constantly getting drunk, as 18

i mean i guess china's drinking age is 18 but still thats a little young to become an alcoholic

You could maybe argue that since she comes from a rich and feared family, getting alcohol wasn't an issue for her, so she might have started drinking early on.

Tampa Bae posted:

We can't let Venti or Traveler drink underage even though both are canonically thousands of years old

I'll give you Traveler but Venti is by far the biggest drunk in Teyvat. He's almost always able to get booze when he wants it

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
In the Chinese and Japanese dubs, Klee begins to call Lisa "auntie" before correcting herself and calling her "big sister" instead, so there's that for Lisa's age.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
So, I made the mistake of downloading this game and starting without knowing anything about it. Aside from the extremely typical anime vibes, it actually has good controls and production value.

Are there any good reference guides for the various resources you pick up, like these Priogems(?). I know it’s a gotcha game, so they’re intending for me to run out of stuff and to buy it from their store, but I’m just confused.

I have a full party, now, but I’m still just wandering around the starting area.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you roll on the banners with Fates. there's the pink ones and the blue ones. the blue ones can be used on the standard banner, which features characters that are always in the pool of possible rolls. the pink ones can be used on the limited banners, which rotate every few weeks and feature characters that arent around when they arent on rateup. 160 primogems turns into a single fate. only use your primogems to roll on the limited banners, since you can get the standard banner characters just from bad rng on the limited banners. theres more to it than that but if you're just poking around thats all you really need to know.

they have no real use besides rolling. you can use primogems to restore your resin (which you spend to farm mats to level characters with, and later on to use to grind for gear) but that's a pretty big waste of them.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

There are a lot of tier lists and recommendations floating around that are either complete garbage or only apply to end game maxed out stats/gear. You can ask any of your questions here or in the discord and get a much better answer

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1673541923766784001?cxt=HHwWgsC-rengzrkuAAAA
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1673541676156039168

I love how all these birthday message things are like "Traveller please, I hope you will come join me for a quiet evening under the moonlight" except Yae who is just like "Hungry? Too bad all for me!" :smuggo:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Kinda getting cold feet at the last moment after playing the fayz trail alhaitham team and rediscovering that he's kind of a giant weenie with zero poise. Makes me think if Xingqiu is really enough? Wondering if when I get him I'll have to run something like Beidou/Xingqiu/Shinobu and put him on favonius sword or something.

Might still be cool! Just making me reconsider a bit.

Something like Alhaitham/Nahida/Zhongli/FavBeidou might also work? Or Thoma lol. His pyro is so awful that this might actually be not so terrible as a "spreadburn" team. Beidou's electro application is actually quite strong :thunk:

Edit: quick peek at akashadata and people run him with harbinger of dawn and zhongli?:ok:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 27, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That bit I said about having no quests on my to-do list?

I started Hyperion's Dirge.

(Narrow Inquiry, the 30-second DPS check, apparently can be cheesed by luring the enemies off the cliff. Temple Inquiry, the 60-second DPS check, apparently cannot.)

EDIT: Narrow Inquiry can indeed be cheesed. The 60-second three-mages one, though, is daunting.

delfin fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 28, 2023

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Mona's alternate sprint shouldn't work in the desert.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

unruly posted:

So, I made the mistake of downloading this game and starting without knowing anything about it. Aside from the extremely typical anime vibes, it actually has good controls and production value.

Are there any good reference guides for the various resources you pick up, like these Priogems(?). I know it’s a gotcha game, so they’re intending for me to run out of stuff and to buy it from their store, but I’m just confused.

I have a full party, now, but I’m still just wandering around the starting area.

Read the first two posts of this thread, it's pretty well honed over several threads for everything except tactics.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
edit:wrong thread

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I've found a new stupid team to tool around with: Raiden Quickbloom

Raiden
C6 Sara
Hydro
Baizhu/Yaoyao

Imagine Cyno Quickbloom but it's Raiden + Sara instead. Good enough to clear Abyss 11 without seriously building anyone (level 80 max, maybe ~350EM on Sara). Probably not actually good at all.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
my Sara has been stuck at c5 for a year and i've never built her because of it :kiddo:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The part about this event that hasn't yet made sense to me is that if the picture taking thing just does enough AoE damage to delete the enemy wave, why even put the other "weakness" effects in?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It usually takes two or three hits even if those come at like every third of a second so there's a tiny chance a bit mob might duck out of the area? But yeah the event is basically a fluff thing to show off some characters and team compositions you might not have tried before and there's no actual difficulty involved.

MoonCrab posted:

Edit: quick peek at akashadata and people run him with harbinger of dawn and zhongli?:ok:
lol what? Alhaitham's teams are him/electro/dendro/??? (probably also electro) and while you can squeeze Zhongli in there you'll usually see something more like Al/Fischl/Kuki/Nahida or something similar that just deletes whatever you're pointed at. As for Harbinger... it's not a bad choice since it's a pretty good weapon for any sword user that cares about crit, but Al usually wants to be stacking EM on his weapon so you can get to 200+ without sweating about his artifact rolls as much. Although I guess Zhongli would be basically mandatory if you wre using it... :thunk:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You run someone like Zhongli because Alhaitham can lose skill uptime to a stiff breeze. Like I'm sure the people running his teams without stagger resistance have something worked out, but ZL/XQ bring plenty of utility too.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
alhaitham has been working very well for me in a hydro/hydro/electro hyperbloom team

he's probably the most fun character i'm using atm

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm starting to question the wisdom of people who say 4-piece gilded dreams is the way to go on Al-Haitham. It's better when you run a 2nd dendro with 4-piece deepwood who procs before Al-Haitham's rotation but that's too big an ask for someone like Al-Haitham who can run with a wide variety of teams and has flexible rotations when you aren't chained to 2nd dendro. 2-piece Deepwood / 2-piece +80 EM set is a better option. Easy to build and you don't have to drag along a 2nd dendro to make Al-Haitham work.

I stopped using Al-Haitham in the abyss because I have better options for spread/aggravate teams. If I'm not running a spread/aggravate team then I don't need a 2nd dendro. I'm far too lazy to swap artifact sets every time I want to use proper Al-Haitham.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Makes me think if Xingqiu is really enough?

… sort of? other than my whaled out scarazan comp, my “cheating at the game” team is al haitham/raiden/xingqiu/nahida. i get knocked around significantly more with cyno/baizhu and baizhu was supposed to fix that

maybe stuff just dies before the poise problems show up. i’ll never know :shrug:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

I'm starting to question the wisdom of people who say 4-piece gilded dreams is the way to go on Al-Haitham. It's better when you run a 2nd dendro with 4-piece deepwood who procs before Al-Haitham's rotation but that's too big an ask for someone like Al-Haitham who can run with a wide variety of teams and has flexible rotations when you aren't chained to 2nd dendro. 2-piece Deepwood / 2-piece +80 EM set is a better option. Easy to build and you don't have to drag along a 2nd dendro to make Al-Haitham work.

I stopped using Al-Haitham in the abyss because I have better options for spread/aggravate teams. If I'm not running a spread/aggravate team then I don't need a 2nd dendro. I'm far too lazy to swap artifact sets every time I want to use proper Al-Haitham.

If you're not going to run someone else with deepwood, then alhaitham wants 4 piece deepwood for the 30% dendro shred.

haypliss posted:

You run someone like Zhongli because Alhaitham can lose skill uptime to a stiff breeze. Like I'm sure the people running his teams without stagger resistance have something worked out, but ZL/XQ bring plenty of utility too.

Alhaitham's skill gives him two mirrors. The mirrors give the dendro infusion. You also get mirrors from using his burst, a charged attack, or plunging attacks. His skill uptime leads much to be desired, but it's not hard to give him 100% mirror uptime.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That feeling when you haven't been paying full attention, but you've been collecting a whole bunch of Electroculi in hard-to-reach places and you figure you must be getting close to full up, until you check your level and the level-up requirements and realize oh god there are nearly another hundred out there somewhere

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Incoherence posted:

The part about this event that hasn't yet made sense to me is that if the picture taking thing just does enough AoE damage to delete the enemy wave, why even put the other "weakness" effects in?

The camera thing is even more bullshit, because I've just noticed you can actually move it around when it's summing up weak points, so unless there's only one sad mushroom left, you've going to get all the other effects.

That said, I do vaguely remember one stage's bonus effect was creating little rainfalls where the now-dead enemies were, which was kinda neat. They're not necessary, but I'm sure that some stages have some fun ones, at least.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

delfin posted:

That feeling when you haven't been paying full attention, but you've been collecting a whole bunch of Electroculi in hard-to-reach places and you figure you must be getting close to full up, until you check your level and the level-up requirements and realize oh god there are nearly another hundred out there somewhere

The electro occuli get insane because there's a billion of them just floating up in the sky that the game thought you would encounter using their electric or not that useful gateways instead of just using Kazuha all the time.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Alhaitham's skill gives him two mirrors. The mirrors give the dendro infusion. You also get mirrors from using his burst, a charged attack, or plunging attacks. His skill uptime leads much to be desired, but it's not hard to give him 100% mirror uptime.

Sure, but you don't want to lose time actually being able to use max mirrors because you got launched across the arena.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Endorph posted:

just doing heizou/xingqiu/fischl/yaoyao is a fun time

I don't have Yaoyao yet, but Sayu is filling in for now with VV equipment.

Most of the builds for her, even healer builds, are suggesting EM for equipment mainstats and I don't get that. If her heal is based directly off of her ATK, and she's not going to be doing any damage herself, wouldn't that be the mainstat of choice for those slots?

EDIT: Or even if it's another case of Bennett Bullshit where only the raw ATK stat counts, wouldn't HP be more beneficial in keeping her upright?

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 30, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

delfin posted:

I don't have Yaoyao yet, but Sayu is filling in for now with VV equipment.

Most of the builds for her, even healer builds, are suggesting EM for equipment mainstats and I don't get that. If her heal is based directly off of her ATK, and she's not going to be doing any damage herself, wouldn't that be the mainstat of choice for those slots?
It's EM for C6 sayu, atk below that. Her heal scales with EM too and her burst converts EM to atk. That being said EM venerer is kind of at a premium so I still mostly have atk on her even at C6.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm not seeing the EM thing in the talent descriptions, but I'll take your word for it. Assuming that it's part of the C6 constellation specifically, and mine is C0.

My Heizou should hit 80 tomorrow, after more Ruin Serpent runs and some gemstone conversion and can I just say how annoying it is for a character's required boss to drop a different gemstone than the one the character needs? At least conversion dust is cheap.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

delfin posted:

I'm not seeing the EM thing in the talent descriptions, but I'll take your word for it. Assuming that it's part of the C6 constellation specifically, and mine is C0.

My Heizou should hit 80 tomorrow, after more Ruin Serpent runs and some gemstone conversion and can I just say how annoying it is for a character's required boss to drop a different gemstone than the one the character needs? At least conversion dust is cheap.

The main effect is in her C6 but she gets a small use out of EM in her first passive (heals extra based on EM when she swirls)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Ruin Serpent was kind and dropped three Runics twice in a row, so Heizou is now pimped out a bit more. All of my characters are at least in the 6x-70 tier now except for Kaeya, Collei, Kaveh, Amber and Lisa.

I suppose I should turn my attention back to Spiral Abyss, as it's either that or go Culus-hunting in Inazuma and Sumeru without a detector for either now that I'm out of quests. 10-2 has wiped me with ease consistently.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey can you guys ask them to fix the groups of Kairagi on Nazuchi Beach not dropping handguards on the survey?

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I think those are part of a hidden world quest/achievement, and stop spawning once you complete it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Monthly bargain pulls gave me my first Thoma. Not sure how much want, given that at first glance he's Polearm Xinyan and my Claymore Xinyan rides the bench.

Are there alternatives to Electro-Charged that work well with Heizou? I'm not complaining about Heizou/Saya/Fischl/Xingqiu, but I'm wondering what else I can mix in now and then for variety. I tried Yoimiya for easy Pyro application, Chongyun for Cryo and Tighnari/Kirara for Dendro, but didn't settle on anything else that seemed to keep elements on enemies for any length of time.

Kale
May 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Hey can you guys ask them to fix the groups of Kairagi on Nazuchi Beach not dropping handguards on the survey?

I seem to get better quality handguard drops off of the enemies in the 80-90 level range than the ones 90+ for some reason. It seems to be the case with the 3rd tier Hilichurl masks too. No matter what's happening I'm basically always short on handguards cause the drops for them are pittance no matter what I do and it's not like I have regular cause to visit Inazuma anymore unless I'm specifically farming them and specters. Mushroom Spores and Pollen are a massive pain in the rear end to collect for Nahida too. It's so tempting to want to use a character with big damage elements like Cryo, Pyro and Electro, but if even say one incidental bolt from a Yae tower happens to strike them your hosed and getting the other set of drops. I've found Ayato to be my best character for farming those drops without it taking agonizingly long to kill them in groups.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
It's over, lost the 50/50 to Dehya R1 :rip:

All that fussing around over artifacts and weapons and teammates ended up being for nothing. At least it happened quick enough that I can force a pity on that hat guy banner. But the thing is, I'm only getting him because he's fun to play with. I'm completely uninterested in testing anything with him, except maybe to see exactly how pathetic Layla C6 damage is outside of Shenhe teams.

So that about wraps up the 3.X patches I guess. Rip Sumeru, 2022-2023. "Those eremite summoners were cooler than any of the playable characters hoyo actually released."

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Layla pairs really well with HAT GUY so there's that

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MoonCrab posted:

So that about wraps up the 3.X patches I guess. Rip Sumeru, 2022-2023. "Those eremite summoners were cooler than any of the playable characters hoyo actually released."

i mean "the enemies are cooler" has been true from the moment the first Abyss Mage shows up in the tutorial

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

How's Fischl for a new account? I've got enough glitter for one shop 4* and don't intend to pull enough to afford another anytime soon. I might restock in time for Bennett in November if I'm still playing, I assume he's #1 if I don't have him yet. I don't have either of September's and I like Ningguang though I'm just starting the Liyue story. The other is Xingqui, don't know much about him yet. Don't have Razor for October, I have his sidequest with the wolves started but so far he just seems okay. I've got all the rest and would rather get a new character than a constellation for now. So I guess Fischl, Ningguang, Xingqui, Razor or save it all for Bennett and Bennett constellations?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Fischl's great. She's not quite on the level of "so good Hoyo doesn't even dare make 5-star upgrades" 4-stars like Bennett / Xingqiu / Xiangling, but she's not far behind. She does good off-field damage herself and she also generates tons of energy for teammates, especially other electro characters.

Also archers in general are useful for world puzzles, so the more archer + element combinations you have, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I get the feeling this is probably exactly what these two characters would be doing if they ever met in game. In any case hopefully things will be getting a little more eventful in this game/thread by this time next week for those people out there there are all caught up on everything. 3.7 really felt like it just kind of came and went without any fanfare to speak of and that TCG theme event was this patch but already feels like it happened months ago. If nothing else I expect Eula to get the most screen time we've seen since Christmas 2021. At least I hope they give most of the focus to her part versus Collei, Klee and Kokomi since especially with Collei she's had plenty of late and I assume they're going to want to market a character that hasn't had a banner in so long that people that started playing in 2022 might not even be all that aware of or had a chance to get even. Feels like this is the first time in a while that a character I find particularly cool has featured prominently in a flagship event that isn't named Yae Miko or Alhaitham.

Patches like 3.7 are precisely why I made a conscious choice to play at my own pace and several patches of content behind whatever the current patch introduces. It was bound to happen eventually after like 3 years that there would be an update that didn't feature much of any particular interest and that they couldn't keep up just the constant stream of topical stuff being put into every single update.

Hyper Inferno posted:

In the Chinese and Japanese dubs, Klee begins to call Lisa "auntie" before correcting herself and calling her "big sister" instead, so there's that for Lisa's age.

I feel like there's no real frame of reference for what that sort of thing entails in Western culture anyway. It's kind of like how with Ayaka makes a point of referring to Ayato as Onii-Sama in Japanese whereas in English I'm pretty sure it's always just Ayato.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 1, 2023