Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

“Idea” lmaooooo

How do these people qualify as life forms

That's just it. EVERYTHING is an "idea" to them! They are certified IDEA GUYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1675243776816857088
Ruh-roh...I know Instagram sucks too but they have over a billion built-in users and a pretty solid platform all good to go. Not a great day for people called Elon Musk honestly. let's keep it up

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm personally going for the 'they need to slam traffic down hard to cope with capacity limits after a lot of their supplier plans that they can't or don't pay ticked over on July 1st' theory.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
If Threads can streamline art content to me better than Instagram itself does and more along the lines of how Twitter does it, then that's the one for me.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Data Graham posted:

“Idea” lmaooooo

How do these people qualify as life forms

He's gonna suck Elon's dick when Musk says in a week that everything is back to normal thanks to "user input".

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I mean honestly this isn't just good good poo poo I'm really glad Twitter is going to loving die as one of the most monetized things on the loving planet because Elon musk is literally running this thing like somebody runs raid Shadow Legends or aeon cume play mlord bullshit

that comparison is deeply unfair to both raid and aeon given that you’re citing advertising strategies that at least facially align with a plausible business model, not a move that torpedos the entire value proposition for everyone

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

How are these people still even using Twitter? I don't mean that in a rhetorical sense, I mean other than embedded Tweets nothing seems to be working right now. If I click on a Tweet it doesn't even load a login screen, it just throws up an error.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

May I have more Tweets Mr. Elon, sir?

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I only keep a twitter account around because it lets me auto post stuff from my Switch, but now I'm gonna have to actually remove the SD card every time I wanna share a 30 second clip of some entertaining physics bug I run into. Cool beans.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tweetdeck has again seemed to have slipped through the cracks, I'm limited when I click on a link to go to twitter but it's loading tweets just fine on Tweetdeck.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Viscous Soda posted:

How are these people still even using Twitter? I don't mean that in a rhetorical sense, I mean other than embedded Tweets nothing seems to be working right now. If I click on a Tweet it doesn't even load a login screen, it just throws up an error.

Even though I'm rate limited, I can still click on links and see tweets through Twitter Messages, which is WILD. And I can still RT/QRT via this method, even post a tweet if I jump through enough hoops, but then I can't see the fruits of my labor.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

there is no rate limit :ssh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MikeJF posted:

Goddamnit Google why haven't you launched Google Buzz 2.0 yet.

(Yes digital megamonopolies are bad but I want off Mr Musk's Wild Ride.)

Google would keep it running for about three weeks then sorrowfully announce it's shutting down in 2 hours

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Viscous Soda posted:

https://twitter.com/hankgreen/status/1675230442277203968?t=QqKlZE_wp66Vbs3pzqsI3Q&s=19

It may be that all the people who got granted Twitter Blue for having 1m+ followers aren't being limited at all, or are being prioritised in some way.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

E the Shaggy posted:

He's gonna suck Elon's dick when Musk says in a week that everything is back to normal thanks to "user input".

he's gonna suck Musk's dick? I don't think you understand who the top is in their relationship

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

there is no rate limit :ssh:

I forgot the quotes around "rate limit" but yeah

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lol good poo poo. hope this kills it for good. anyone who didn't stop using twitter when musk took over is a total maroon anyway

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
good work elon murk... you finall killed twitter and saved the forums

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Embedded tweets have been working for me through the whole thing, but I couldn't click to see the full tweet this morning and I can now, so it seems like they fixed something.

I was wondering if mr freeze peach was getting raked over the coals for the view limit since you combo that with front-loading tweets from blue checks only and then you really are limiting speech on your platform. They mostly just seem to be dunking on him for it being a stupid idea, which is fine too.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aelon Flusk

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Pookah posted:

And here I am , never had an account and I'm busily scraping SO MUCH data from all these embedded tweets, and Elon can't stop me.
:twisted:

You're fired! You're fired......

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Pride month end fireworks in the form of seeing nazi hellsite explode

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Yaccsaroo!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Steadiman posted:

Ruh-roh...I know Instagram sucks too but they have over a billion built-in users and a pretty solid platform all good to go. Not a great day for people called Elon Musk honestly. let's keep it up

Instagram is unironically good.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Let it burn

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Could be worse

Only registered members can see post attachments!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The woman who slept in her office to appease Poppa Elon has some thoughts

https://twitter.com/esthercrawford/...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

DeeplyConcerned posted:

You're fired! You're fired......

I just scraped the absolute poo poo out of that post.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

E the Shaggy posted:

lol she went all in on elon and he fired her

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
She scrape on my posts 'til I [429 Too Many Requests]

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Steadiman posted:

huh looks like Musk and Zuckerberg are having a cage fight after all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

E the Shaggy posted:

Wow losing someone so desperate to bootlick

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

emSparkly posted:

I only keep a twitter account around because it lets me auto post stuff from my Switch, but now I'm gonna have to actually remove the SD card every time I wanna share a 30 second clip of some entertaining physics bug I run into. Cool beans.

System Settings>Data Management>Manage Screenshots and Videos>Copy to a Computer via USB Connection

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

E the Shaggy posted:

Back in the bag, rear end in a top hat

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Wonder how the new ceo is reacting to all this. Can't imagine she's happy

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Sterf posted:

Not believing this is on purpose, they probably broke something and are covering it up with 'yeah it was on purpose'.
If I hit retry a few times things do load, sometimes, other times everything is just broken.
They just slapped a 'You're rate limited' banner on the bottom while they're trying to fix whatever's wrong.
I'm not even seeing "rate limited", I just keep getting "cannot retrieve Tweets" and almost nothing new is loading.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Willo567 posted:

She was hired to get advertisers back but has no real power. Gonna be great to see her try to work with this poo poo.

"There's a definite possibility that your ad will be seen for the ten minutes per day that our users are allowed to read Tweets!"

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Willo567 posted:

she's never getting paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Willo567 posted:

You mean the figurehead female CEO who solely exists to be thrown under the bus and shoulder the blame?