Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Fungah! posted:

they should port the ds versions of 4-6 and the 3ds version of 7 amd 8 to swinch. ive got every ff game.on here up to 12 let me get every dragon quest on here too

:amen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

They already made perfectly good mobile ports of them so it's baffling they won't do a tiny bit of extra work to put them on Switch.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
They made a mobile port of 7??

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

welcome posted:

They made a mobile port of 7??

I think it was Japan only.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

they should port the ds versions of 4-6 and the 3ds version of 7 amd 8 to swinch. ive got every ff game.on here up to 12 let me get every dragon quest on here too

Yes but they also need to turn off the weird fisheye lens warping camera that they decided to put in the DS ones for some reason

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

i love 3ds 7

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Also the mobile port of 4 thankfully put party chat back in after they took it out of the DS release which is incredibly hosed up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

i love 3ds 7

It's fantastic, I was really surprised by how much I ended up loving it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Best companion in all of gaming, maybe

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Punished Chuck posted:

Best companion in all of gaming, maybe

absolutely goated

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i love 3ds 7

it's so sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love 7 in general. The PSX version was great

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love 7 but if it were chosen for gameclub it would need to be a two monther

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck posted:

Just found out that King Trode will get pissed at you if you don't open the battle data page for the first time until late in the game:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol, DQ ftmfw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol. for the love of god port every DQ to the switch

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

absolutely insane this hasnt happened yet

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Yep

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fungah! posted:

it seems like such an easy slam dunk as I'd gladly get all the mobile/DS ports right away

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

every ff game 1-10 and every dq game 1-9 plus 11 on one system...plus soon every mgs...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hell even stuff like a chrono trigger port, too, it all seems like a trivial way to bring in cash but a lot of publishers have trouble with that apparently

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Good soup! posted:

it seems like such an easy slam dunk as I'd gladly get all the mobile/DS ports right away

its got to happen. im not a console gamer but ill grab a switch to play dragon quests as ive only played XI

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehhhh I'm good.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

port 1-3 sfc to switch too

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

American McGay posted:

Ehhhh I'm good.

Gah! every time

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Ehhhh I'm good.

The mobile versions of the games other than 1-3 that have them look just like the DS/3DS versions I believe so we can’t lose. The mobile version of 4 even has all the party chat that they didn’t translate for the DS for budget reasons so it might be the best version. Not counting the DS fan patch that ripped it from the mobile version and put it back in the DS version I guess, looking forward to trying that one once I finish the mainline series games I haven’t finished yet and start replaying.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
For how good the FF pixel remasters are, DQ has been done dirty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it wont outsell call of duty, so whats the point? im gonna go slam the oven shut on my head a few hundred times - square exec

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

every ff game 1-10 and every dq game 1-9 plus 11 on one system...plus soon every mgs...

Yeah. Its called a computer Lol.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

Correct: the Xbox Series X.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Yeah. Its called a computer Lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

it wont outsell call of duty, so whats the point? im gonna go slam the oven shut on my head a few hundred times - square exec

get his rear end.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

how was the mobile/ds versions of 6? i only ever played the SNES version years ago so it might be time for a new playthrough

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

funny thing computers, as I see you've started your YOSPOS career in earnest

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Joey McChrist posted:

how was the mobile/ds versions of 6? i only ever played the SNES version years ago so it might be time for a new playthrough

Monster taming is gone, although with the class system I don't know if anyone bothered. Otherwise it's generally the least changed of the DS trilogy, not much new aside from the basic interface/graphics stuff.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I enjoyed it but never played the original to compare. The pacing feels weird because there’s a big stretch in the middle where it’s not clear where to go next and no real guidance so you’re just kind of wandering the world without much story and the encounter rate is high to the point of being annoying sometimes, presumably because of the job system tying advancement to number of fights, but aside from those drawbacks it’s a good DQ.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's my least favorite because I had to grind at the very end to make everyone a Hero or w/e the busted class is

The final boss is hard as hell lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

9 and 6 are the weakest but generally still fun. Just missing a lot of charm of the other games, the cast in 6 is really whack, and 9 has a completely silent cast which is just boring.