Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Al! posted:

incredibly smart

this website is haunted by demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
dragging every enemy i down to a second location and furiously asking them if they have stairs in their house

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

dragging every enemy i down to a second location and furiously asking them if they have stairs in their house

I've been doing this for years anyway just to find safe houses for when jesus returns and the great floods come again

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Popy posted:

Boston is gay

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

new dying light 2 update made it GOTY

how

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

new dying light 2 update made it GOTY

elaborate

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it is now a game of this year

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I never finished Dying Light 1, it was cool until it turned into the world's worst FPS. second area seemed fine but I was just burned out by then.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Popy posted:

Boston is gay

The Boston thread would enthusiastically agree with this

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dying light seems terrible but I have a slight interest in both seven days to die and project zomboid, and was astonished to see 7DTD had 80k people playing on a random Friday afternoon so it must have something going for it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if you like survival crafting games and have a group of friends to play it with, 7DtD is janky as hell but very fun and there's a ton of mods for it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
however there are people that do not like/get survival crafting games, and if you're one of them, this probably won't be the one to win you over to the genre.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why is that?

there was a giant update a few days ago making the night scary and dark again along with a movement/parkour overhaul

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if you like survival crafting games and have a group of friends to play it with, 7DtD is janky as hell but very fun and there's a ton of mods for it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Only about an hour in so far but this loving Mario + Rabbids game feels an awful lot more fun and polished than it has any right to be

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

however there are people that do not like/get survival crafting games, and if you're one of them, this probably won't be the one to win you over to the genre.

ah yeah fair enough I like maybe one in ten - subnautica and the forest were fun but I’m struggling to remember any others I stuck with, and it looks a bit janky for my tastes

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

This. 7dtd has been around for almost 15 years and still alpha but has a lot of content and fun, but it is still beta-tier m janky

that said it’s most fun with friends over discord, you might get bored playing it solo and yeah if the survival crafting genre isn’t for you, it’s not going to change your mind

if you are playing it solo or ambiguous on the whole survival crafting genre, I would highly recommend Obsidians new Grounded game that came out that’s Honey I Shrubk The Kids themed. it’s free on game pass

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what about zomboid is it actually fun or is it RNG sim hell

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Only about an hour in so far but this loving Mario + Rabbids game feels an awful lot more fun and polished than it has any right to be

The first one is great, the combat of the second one is even better in the combat department but too much game in my opinion

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Frog Act posted:

what about zomboid is it actually fun or is it RNG sim hell

it's fun but very slow and the controls and hit detection suck. hard to recommend it but if you like sims you can take slow and really get into it could be for you.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zomboid and CDDA are RNG sim hell, Caves of Qud is RNG sim heaven

They're all good but you have to be sort of taken by a fey mood like with ARPGs

Gumball Gumption posted:

The first one is great, the combat of the second one is even better in the combat department but too much game in my opinion

Turns out the XCOM formula really shines when you halve the RNG and replace it with everybody moving around the battlefield like greased lightning

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I tried that one back when the switch didn't have any games yet and it seemed like a pretty good XCOM if you're into that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
7DtD is pretty good, but one of the most recent updates did a bunch of changes just to make the game a pain in the rear end so it may not be as good.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's also on sale right now for $6 so if you hate it you can't be THAT mad

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hmm. I like sims well enough but my partner loves zombie media and I suspect she’d dig zomboid’s seemingly meticulous approach to it, might have to check that out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

7DtD is pretty good, but one of the most recent updates did a bunch of changes just to make the game a pain in the rear end so it may not be as good.
what did they change this time

The Fun Pimps (TM) do this poo poo all of the loving time and have flip-flopped back and forth for like 15 years. it'll either get worked back or people have modded it to be good again.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Broke down and bought FF7. Still gonna finish Mask of the Rose first though.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

croup coughfield posted:

this website is haunted by demons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9MK-Xi1EiM

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Xaris posted:

what did they change this time

The Fun Pimps (TM) do this poo poo all of the loving time and have flip-flopped back and forth for like 15 years. it'll either get worked back or people have modded it to be good again.

They made a bunch of stuff harder to find and glass jars are not reusable

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the wheel has spoken and the game of the month for my retro gaming club is... Metal Gear Solid. The Summer of Snake is upon us.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
badass

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm extremely pumped because I grew up watching my older brother playing MGS 1-3 but have never actually played them on my own. gonna jump in right now

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i'm extremely pumped because I grew up watching my older brother playing MGS 1-3 but have never actually played them on my own. gonna jump in right now

you are in for some treats

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

i need to finish it, the post game missions can get brutal

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the wheel has spoken and the game of the month for my retro gaming club is... Metal Gear Solid. The Summer of Snake is upon us.

hell yeah

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
play Twin Snakes

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

play snake eater on a ps2

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

play Twin Snakes

RandolphCarter posted:

play snake eater on a ps2

I have :filez: of every version and have been fine-tuning my steam deck into a Batocera emulation machine over the past month or so.

I've heard Subsistence is the version of 3 that I want, c/d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have :filez: of every version and have been fine-tuning my steam deck into a Batocera emulation machine over the past month or so.

I've heard Subsistence is the version of 3 that I want, c/d?

play with a DualShock 2 at least, the controller gimmicks make the game better