Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

C-Euro posted:

Dug through my PMs and apparently you're looking for rice noodles/rice vermicelli. They're very thin and kind of translucent.

Nah Three Ladies is the brand, that's the kind of rice we that we buy.

I think regular rice noodles are the go-to for pad Thai as rice vermicelli is pretty thin.

I gotta admit it's been a while since I had Pad Thai and for a moment I was thinking of Pad See Ew which uses the flat noodles.

Unrelated:
https://i.imgur.com/haaNxYb.mp4
Fridta was a hit at the studio get-together. I'll take her for a walk in a bit to the local leash-free dog park in a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wish our dog liked hoses or rain. Snow and rivers she’s down as gently caress (the Lab in her). Water from the air she nopes the gently caress out. In her defense she’s a rescue and pretty neurotic. My only guess is that she was taken from her mom to young and they must have just sprayed her down with a hose in the kennel or something.

She’s a good girl otherwise, turned 3 last month

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1675187969420828672

Yeah goodbye twitter. I mean I probably don't read that many posts anyway because that's a lot of posts but it just seems dumb.

I cannot understand what this man thinks he's doing. If I want to read 10k shitposts it is to your benefit it seems.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol twitter should have been impossible to kill but elon's gonna do it

44 billion down the toilet out of spite

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

smarfest man in the wolrd

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I'm assuming he's loading debt from other companies he owns onto Twitter and sinking it. I dunno if he's smart enough to do that but it's also a bankruptcy classic

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah goodbye twitter. I mean I probably don't read that many posts anyway because that's a lot of posts but it just seems dumb.

I cannot understand what this man thinks he's doing. If I want to read 10k shitposts it is to your benefit it seems.

I'm gonna limit how many times you can see an advert for my advert driven product. I'm very smart business man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

I went on a burner where I follow nobody. I searched a keyphrase to see how quickly this quota runs out and ran out of tweets in less than 10 minutes.

Strong business strategy to limit your users to 10 minutes per day.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EmbryoSteve posted:

I'm gonna limit how many times you can see an advert for my advert driven product. I'm very smart business man

He cares more about seeing people be verified because that was his big idea and he's gonna make it work damnit (it won't)

The funny thing though is that I've seen verified accounts also complaining about being out of views for the day. It's barely past noon

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

This is interesting cause it's the first time I've seen that his replies aren't overrun by fanboys telling him how great he is. He managed to make everyone mad at him with this one

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rogue Elephant posted:

This is interesting cause it's the first time I've seen that his replies aren't overrun by fanboys telling him how great he is. He managed to make everyone mad at him with this one

Probably because they ran out of posts for today lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Musk is great because he gives us an easy litmus test for the Stupidest Fuckers Alive.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Probably because they ran out of posts for today lol

when you spend all saturday morning looking for libs to own it happens

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Musk is great because he gives us an easy litmus test for the Stupidest Fuckers Alive.

There was a viral thing a few weeks ago where people were asked to post a stupid person's idea of a smart person and I think Elon and Jordan Peterson were the two major ones, and oh boy did that get the paid users hopping mad

Wonder if they agree now

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Shame about Twitter, it was at one point the best source for breaking news the internet’s ever had

On the other, it’s the most toxic website in the entire history of the world wide web

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

There was a viral thing a few weeks ago where people were asked to post a stupid person's idea of a smart person and I think Elon and Jordan Peterson were the two major ones, and oh boy did that get the paid users hopping mad

Wonder if they agree now

My wife has a relatively new department head, and she is extremely dismayed because any time they come across a difficult problem his response is that they need to "get Musk in here."

So she's fairly certain he's dumb as gently caress. Probably likes crypto too.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm actually kind of relieved that I'm going to be forced to stop doomscrolling

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

EmbryoSteve posted:

This does explain why they started suspending accounts that block too many advertisers now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Shame about Twitter, it was at one point the best source for breaking news the internet’s ever had

On the other, it’s the most toxic website in the entire history of the world wide web

Very early twitter was kinda crazy as I understand it. I wasn't on it, but from web history it seems to have been a bunch of people posting their lunch or whatever and then also a bunch of people on the ground posting exactly where you needed to go to get away from wildfires in California.

Now it's like a bunch of news from traditional news sources and a bunch of haters of any and everything and a bunch of people who just like to joke around.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good. Shut down Twitter. It’s such a garbage app. News quick is a good thing but society has demonstrated they don’t have the discipline to just *read the loving story*

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
How long until we start getting CDs in the mail thay give us 1000 free tweets.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Good. Shut down Twitter. It’s such a garbage app. News quick is a good thing but society has demonstrated they don’t have the discipline to just *read the loving story*

Yeah gotta agree with that, I think thumbnails and headlines available in an instant is a very bad thing and a major source of that disappearing would be a net benefit

Also I’m attempting Key Lime Pie and now I truly understand why people just buy the drat Graham cracker crust

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Finished Season 2 of The Bear.

Jamie Lee Curtis is going to win an Emmy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Twitter is a terrible news aggregator but it's proven invaluable for helping people to navigate disasters, get live reporting, etc. There's nowhere else on the internet to get breaking, on the ground reporting other than twitter.

Also there was a twitter spaces with a bunch of journalists and one pointed out that what is likely to be a disastrous quarterly earnings Tesla meeting is tomorrow and that might be a possible reason why Elon up and decided nobody but his fanboys get to see tweets anymore :lol:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Finished Season 2 of The Bear.

Jamie Lee Curtis is going to win an Emmy

The episode she was really featured in was basically like one long panic attack. I know why they did it, I just didn’t ask for it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/torinrozzelle/status/1675197752047726593?t=P-TPv_6SwRK2iPt2H50S-Q&s=09

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

The episode she was really featured in was basically like one long panic attack. I know why they did it, I just didn’t ask for it.

Me: this reminds me of my mom

Me at the end of the episode: yikes okay maybe not like this

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I am at the pro football hall of fame and first thing you see is exhibits for the newest inductees. I had to explain to my son why it's a travesty Coryell is only getting in now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SundayMoney posted:

I am at the pro football hall of fame and first thing you see is exhibits for the newest inductees. I had to explain to my son why it's a travesty Coryell is only getting in now.

The holographic experience with Ghost Halas and Ghost Lombardi is awesome.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol incredible

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SundayMoney posted:

I had to explain to my son why it's a travesty Coryell is only getting in now.

You’re a good parent.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Behind the Bastards just did an episode on Musk and like 75% of it was about how his business plan for Twitter is just “Stop paying all of our vendors immediately” lmao

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys check out my butt lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nice rear endbutt.

I'm spoiling my housemate's dog by taking her to the nearby leash-free park.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm spending my day replacing the wood floor under my refrigerator because I guess it's been leaking for a while now and there was a recent incident with fermenting oozing melon goo under there

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh no I might wear shorts tonight and yet I do not want to shave my legs.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Spoeank posted:

The holographic experience with Ghost Halas and Ghost Lombardi is awesome.

Yeah I thought it was pretty awesome, the whole thing was a bit more awe-inspiring than I was expecting if I'm being honest. I know I've followed football since I can remember but seeing it all like that really solidified my love.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh no I might wear shorts tonight and yet I do not want to shave my legs.

My wife had the same dilemma and just decided to wear pants all weekend.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's a good lookin' butt.

My house has reached equilibrium with the outside air and it fuckin sucks. I can't wait to get AC installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

your butt has a nice crust