Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Levitate posted:

honestly the sorokin contract isn't bad if he can continue being one of the best in the league for most of it and it ends before he's really at the "sucks badly" stage

It would be literally the first time ever though.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus is apparently looking for a depth goalie.

Maybe they should begin with a starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Klingberg is 4.15 x 1 year, which is bad, but at least it will be over soon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

eXXon posted:

Just like a leafs playoffs run :rimshot:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Leafs signing garbage, and keeping their core and coach intact. Maybe THIS will be the year!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

grack posted:

Seattle signs Dumoulin, 2x3.15M

AhahahahahahabababababbaabBBBah

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Eller sucks lol god dammit

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

AhahahahahahabababababbaabBBBah

When Ron Francis hires anyone we sit here thinking, "what's the connection?" Turns out he drafted Dumoulin in 2009. Dude is an idiot.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

You're betting on a bit of a bounceback but this seems more or less fine, doesn't it? His possession numbers with Minnesota were more or less in line with what he'd done in Dallas.

e: I have traumatic memories of Barrie as much as anyone but if that's the downside then that's the downside.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Eller sucks lol god dammit

But have you considered he’ll also take a bunch of stupid penalties?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Leafs and Bruins are getting worse while the Sabres are getting better…

:yeshaha:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like most of what Dubas did today. A little whatever on Ehler. He's kinda old.

It should be a much improved roster from last year if only because Graves in Dumo out.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

You're betting on a bit of a bounceback but this seems more or less fine, doesn't it? His possession numbers with Minnesota were more or less in line with what he'd done in Dallas.

Yeah, he was fine in Minnesota, but he was also a 5/6 D and not someone to play hard minutes. I don't know if that's worth 4m aav, but he can move the puck and does a good job on the PP.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I am shocked, shocked, that the Penguins are signing old players. Shocked!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I am shocked, shocked, that the Penguins are signing old players. Shocked!

Better old ones than Hextall was signing at least

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Don't know about this....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The first part is true, but every signing Buffalo made makes them worse except Cliffton.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Toronto will be slightly worse, as will Boston just due to the age factor kicking in, but its not like Buffalo took giant steps anywhere. Atlantic standings likely wont shift much next season.

Buffalo is still competing for the last WC slot with the Sens, Pens and Wings.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Toronto will be slightly worse, as will Boston just due to the age factor kicking in, but its not like Buffalo took giant steps anywhere. Atlantic standings likely wont shift much next season.

Buffalo is still competing for the last WC slot with the Sens, Pens and Wings.

Y’all underestimate a season of horrid goaltending and icing 5 AHL defenseman that has been resolved.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mid-Life Crisis posted:

Y’all underestimate a season of horrid goaltending and icing 5 AHL defenseman that has been resolved.

They'd have been better off than Erik Johnson.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ottawa fans were singing this tune exactly one year ago and uh…

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
yeah but ottawa is dumb and buffalo is cool

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

whatis posted:

yeah but ottawa is dumb and buffalo is cool

Tage Thompson is definitely cooler than any Sen it’s true

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Christian Fischer to Detroit?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1675285094456500226?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

KERFOOT TO THE YOTES MY LONG NIGHTMARE IS OVER

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The cap friendly website being the best and fastest updating source for this stuff is pretty funny.

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
Duclair got dumped on the sharks for a 5th and a Steven Lorentz. I thought he was getting talked up, like the main piece for Hanifin or something.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Duke rules and wow that sucks. At least SJS is solid place to hang out.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm pretty loving sick of Barry Trotz gutting this drat team

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
lucic and van riemsdyk to boston. old man looch back in black and gold makes me happy on the inside

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

e: I have traumatic memories of Barrie as much as anyone but if that's the downside then that's the downside.

Hockeyref says he had 44.8/47.4 CF/FF% with MIN in the regular season and 50/50 zone starts. Only his playoff numbers were actually good.

More to the point, I would have rather had a depth LHD to play with Timmins and push Giordano to #7. Or a top 9 forward to fill in the, uh, 2-4 openings available depending on how Knies/Robertson/Lafferty/random Marlies look in camp.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
At the time, I thought Poile waiving Tolvanen was the dumbest possible decision the Preds could make any time soon. Trotz seems pretty loving determined to prove me wrong! :mad:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/1675191019099377665?s=20

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Other teams like it when Reaves is on the ice, yeah?

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
He means all the pressure to the opposing team is gone

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:nallears:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Just got back today.

What the gently caress, Lou

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1675286943788138497?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Ben Chiarot
Ghostbear
Justin Holl
Olli Maatta

Keep up the good work Stevie

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pretty glad the Canadiens were able to offload Edmundson before he inevitably breaks his back again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Spoken like a dude who continues to get contracts from an otherwise extinct breed of hockey player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

eXXon posted:

Hockeyref says he had 44.8/47.4 CF/FF% with MIN in the regular season and 50/50 zone starts. Only his playoff numbers were actually good.

More to the point, I would have rather had a depth LHD to play with Timmins and push Giordano to #7. Or a top 9 forward to fill in the, uh, 2-4 openings available depending on how Knies/Robertson/Lafferty/random Marlies look in camp.

All you need is a Brock Faber to prop him up and produce good balanced numbers. You do have one of those, right?