Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Der Kyhe posted:

Yeah, to an outsider it seems that the guy folded with a hand of four kings; he could have done basically anything to get himself a better negotiation position. Now he just backed down when resolve was needed, and got the worst possible deal out of it. Not even saving his own neck, as it seems.

But those "Prigozhin's troll farms are also shut down", "at least somewhat competent officers who didn't act loyally enough are hosed", and "Wagners who refuse to enlist to army are hunted down" are just side bets paying off. If there is any truth in them.

Putin defeated two Supermen, not just one.

e: goddammit,snipe. If Putin opened a can of peas the FSB must check i!

Plan R fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Dick Bastardly posted:

If you switch the flags then this becomes quite an informative pamphlet

Russian projection in it's most distilled form

you think Russians have bathtubs?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

tiaz posted:

you think Russians have bathtubs?

correction: projection and lies

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

ChickenHeart posted:

Which brand of hotdogs do you think he'll show up in? Everyone and their mother are claiming "Oscar Mayer" but if you ask me I think Priggy's more of a "Ballpark Franks" kind of deposed warlord.

Ironically, he'll end up in the hamburgers at that weird Russian rip off McDonalds.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Soylent Prigozheen

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ah yes a reliable blue checkmark source

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I mean who's to say that the army and media wouldn't turn towards him once moscow's under Wagner occupation

I mean honestly Russia would not be able to withstand not having Moscow as it's hub of everything. Like it would literally divide the country to quadrants.

And the question is where would put in flee to what soldiers would actually be coming against Wagner right? I mean they would have to start pulling soldiers out of the Ukraine front and that would cause an all-out counteroffensive to occur which it kind of did anyway so but either way it would cause them to lose all their frontier fortresses in Ukraine and probably bring them back to the 2014 borders.

Don't downplay how important Moscow is to Russia.

See this is the thing: If you are Hot Dog man, you already crossed the Rubicon, you are loving dead anyway, what more do you have to lose?

My wife and I talked about it and her theory was he simply could not believe he was about to to tear down the Russian State so easily that he had lived under and sought to glorify, and his mind just kinda broke. Just like a fascist mindfuck.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 2, 2023

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
bathomet

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ChickenHeart posted:

Which brand of hotdogs do you think he'll show up in? Everyone and their mother are claiming "Oscar Mayer" but if you ask me I think Priggy's more of a "Ballpark Franks" kind of deposed warlord.
What kiiiind of maaan's in Armour Hotdogs?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Slugworth posted:

What kiiiind of maaan's in Armour Hotdogs?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

TulliusCicero posted:

See this is the thing: of you are Hot Dog man, you already crossed the Rubicon, you are loving dead skyway, what more do you have to lose?

My wife and I talked about it and her theory was he simply could not believe he was about to to tear down the Russian State so easily that he had lived under and sought to glorify, and his mind just kinda broke. Just like a fascist mindfuck.

Honestly I think the same thing, I think he realized and was probably told by lucaschenko like hey the entire Russian world's about to loving collapse if you do this.

And did this like hero of the fascist state self he is

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

ChickenHeart posted:

Moscar Heiyer Windahs.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Honestly I think the same thing, I think he realized and was probably told by lucaschenko like hey the entire Russian world's about to loving collapse if you do this.

And did this like hero of the fascist state self he is

So an even more stupid version of Mishima

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cthulu Carl posted:

"Training Belarussian soldiers" is the new "Laughing and playing on a farm upstate"

I was actually thinking earlier that the most hilarious outcome would be that he does just that, then marches on Minsk and coups them

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

Red Hots

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

No glow-belt on the devil and hitler threesome bathtub. Time for a safety stand-down.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Call of Looty

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TulliusCicero posted:

See this is the thing: If you are Hot Dog man, you already crossed the Rubicon, you are loving dead anyway, what more do you have to lose?

i discussed this independently with two friends and my girlfriend and they all came to pretty much the same conclusion. he wanted to be heard, he didn't want to be king, and at the end of the day he just misread how much putin cared about hearing him.

which honestly just makes this entire thing more pathetic and stupid and more like time traveler meddling. only in the skull of a true WWE-style mark for fascism could you get the idea that an armed insurrection is a good way to make an ultimately "peaceful" point. what an absolute loving joke of an ideology.

thank whatever gods are watching that everyone is precisely that stupid in the russian ruling apparatus though. prigozhin was genuinely one of the most malicious and dangerous men alive. men like him rarely leave quietly or gently.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah to be perfectly honest I'm fine with Prigozhin quietly being shuffled off to a ditch or out of a window without any fanfare. Would've been nice if Russia's imperial ambitions were stymied for longer than a single afternoon due to his actions but the guy's as much of a monster as Putin is.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

One down, one to go imo.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

lmbo at changing the m16 to some hosed up vaguely-ak silhouette and leaving it alone otherwise :discourse:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I'm sorry for being dumb, but what's everyone pointing to in order to come to the conclusion that Hot Dog man is dead? I missed it. : (

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

AARP LARPer posted:

I'm sorry for being dumb, but what's everyone pointing to in order to come to the conclusion that Hot Dog man is dead? I missed it. : (

Maybe not litterally dead yet but the writing is on the wall.

Article posted a page back or so basically says he is getting the Damnatio memoriae treatment which is a super bad sign so its not unreasonable to assume hes gonna be dead soon.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

AARP LARPer posted:

Apparently the Russian state media said that he will never ever be mentioned again and erasing all mention of him from everything, which implies that he won't be doing anything ever again. Because he's dead.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I still can't believe hot dog man believed Putin when he stopped his coup. Just....wow.

"Nah comrade, don't worry about, take your company and leave, it's cool, I swear, water under the bridge."

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
*all the bad things....corpses/prisoners

Holy hell just look at this video. Basicly all the hell of war...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TM edit: Removed video with corpses and poo poo

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 2, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

pro starcraft loser posted:

I still can't believe hot dog man believed Putin when he stopped his coup. Just....wow.

"Nah comrade, don't worry about, take your company and leave, it's cool, I swear, water under the bridge."

Maybe the deal was he gets to die but his officers and family don't have to. Who knows.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

prigozhin's gonna get this treatment

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
cc should be english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usofO5dnpBA

Fun French Stuff!

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
is he still missing?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Lockback posted:

Maybe the deal was he gets to die but his officers and family don't have to. Who knows.

If I know anything about Prigozhin, he's very selfless. Real standup guy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

HonorableTB posted:

prigozhin's gonna get this treatment

In fairness that gross kobold of a man was blocking a perfectly nice riverview. The photo benefits from his absence.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

ChickenHeart posted:

Hoffy's they make them special for us.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

In fairness that gross kobold of a man was blocking a perfectly nice riverview. The photo benefits from his absence.

what man, tovarish? :commissar:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

Oh Yezhov... "the poison dwarf" (keep in mind he's standing next to Stalin who was about 5'6"). I can't remember the exact quotes but IIRC several people who met him described him as the most despicable person they had ever met*.

One version of his execution has him being executed by Vasily Blokhin, the gut who performed most of the big name (and probably alot much lower down as well) executions during Stalin's purges as well as personally doing about half of Katyn.

*Maybe deserves a bit of an addendum to that as Yezhov was accused of being gay, which played a role in condemning him during his show trial, and thus due to that one might be wise to maybe be a bit suspicious of some of the accusations thrown against him for being particularly, noteworthy vile.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 2, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Nikolai Yezhov, a real gem of a man.

quote:

Yezhov organized mass arrests, torture and executions during the Great Purge, but he fell from Stalin's favour and was arrested, subsequently admitting in a confession (that he later claimed was taken under torture) to a range of anti-Soviet activity including "unfounded arrests" during the Purge. He was executed in 1940 along with others who were blamed for the Purge.

quote:

In 1937 and 1938 alone, at least 1.3 million were arrested and 681,692 were shot for 'crimes against the state'. The Gulag population swelled by 685,201 under Yezhov, nearly tripling in size in just two years, with at least 140,000 of these prisoners (and likely many more) dying of malnutrition, exhaustion and the elements in the camps (or during transport to them).

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
And then he nearly drank himself to death because he knew what was coming for him.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Plan R posted:

And then he nearly drank himself to death because he knew what was coming for him.

His wife cheated on him a lot too, and was in typical Stalinist fashion also denounced (by her quote, "many lovers") after Yezhov was denounced, because it was common knowledge that a lot of influential Party members were banging his wife, and none of them wanted to be denounced by anyone else who was also banging his wife. Sadly she ended up killing herself, though it was almost a certainty that she would have been executed as well because that's just how things were during the Purges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

solovyov can't even take his italian villa