Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
I think I would like a completionist play through but the game really actively incentivizes against it, probably to hammer home how pointless it is. I can see the attraction though! In an alternate world where N was playing to less accessible game design they could really lean into the various elemental sets, incentivize you to have strong armor for a variety of situations, not make environmental effects so trivial to get around etc. The current approach is very successful so I wouldn’t expect them to drive away ten million kids to give internet literate min maxers a workout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Yeah I think the game is designed as such to encourage you to only do some of everything, and discourage trying to get 100% completion. Arguably though, this is being willfully ignorant of gamer nature.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MonkeyFit posted:

Those of us that actually do get out into the real world understand that most people really aren't bad, and that meeting up with strangers from the internet isn't as big a deal as you seem to think it is. You might not realize this, but a significant portion of the dating scene is built around meeting strangers from the internet. Just don't be dumb and take basic precautions like meeting in very public places.

Quit worrying about how other people want to play their game, that doesn't affect you in any way, and just worry about how you want to spend your time.

lmao

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why go to all that trouble when you still have the Tobio’s Hollow glitch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this may come as a surprise to some of you mouth-breathing turbo virgins but out here in the real world it is actually extremely normal to drive multiple hours to get a stranger to help you cheat at a video game for children

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Just buy another switch drat

I showed my cousin the dazzlefruit against skeletons it blew his mind.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

responded to a facebook marketplace post saying they would pay for gas money and dinner if I could get them a 1.1.1 totk save file. met them at the costco parking lot, found them doing somersaults off the back of a tailgate holding five frozen steaks, tried handing them my swich lite but they kept saying "i got the cash just one second just one second" and landing tailbone-first on a new-york strip. bought a hotdog combo and left one on their passenger seat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sonatinas posted:

I showed my cousin the dazzlefruit against skeletons it blew his mind.

Best secretly OP item I never would've discovered on my own since the flash grenades in Resident Evil 4.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

I constantly see people complain about there being too many Korok seeds because to some people, it's the equivalent of Aonuma holding a gun to their heads until they do all of them.

You're allowed to not 100% a game! You can stop when you're not having fun! Maybe give it a couple of months then go for a replay. You don't have to upgrade every armor, I promise that the cold set it fine at level two if you're wearing a better hat from a different set, you don't need to be fully armored in the cold areas.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Yeah tbh the game is packed with content so there's always something to do, not so that you do all of it. Armor upgrade costs are so you always have something to upgrade, not so you are forced to upgrade your favorite through unending grinding. Though I will say in the case of armor at least, the game does reward you for grinding, while it actually punishes you for Korok completion in that you get less and less of a reward for more and more effort, which feels like a clear sign you shouldn't be doing all of it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I wish it did say in the armor menu what you need to upgrade next. I don't want to have to remember to make note of it whenever I visit the Great Fairy, and I don't want to keep visiting them because it takes forever to do anything with them.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

I just realized that every shrine is an homage to goat.se

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Murgos posted:

I just realized that every shrine is an homage to goat.se

The goatman founded hyrule

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Link has to find the ring

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MonkeyFit posted:

Those of us that actually do get out into the real world understand that most people really aren't bad, and that meeting up with strangers from the internet isn't as big a deal as you seem to think it is. You might not realize this, but a significant portion of the dating scene is built around meeting strangers from the internet. Just don't be dumb and take basic precautions like meeting in very public places.

Quit worrying about how other people want to play their game, that doesn't affect you in any way, and just worry about how you want to spend your time.

Cool.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

sonatinas posted:

Link has to find the ring

The Solemn Vow of Goatse, Sage of Gaping

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MonkeyFit posted:

here's to hoping that whoever meets you in the real world has a taser on hand

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Mylan posted:

The Solemn Vow of Goatse, Sage of Gaping

'Let's not shake hands'

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

here's to hoping that whoever meets you in the real world has a taser on hand

Lmao. You guys are sad and pathetic. I want to cut out a single aspect of the game I don't enjoy, and you all just start clutching your pearls as if I want cause the downfall of society. You should really get out of your house more. Maybe see a therapist.

To those of you that actually gave legitimate suggestions. Thank you. I'm looking into them. The new duping glitch is cumbersome. But it is something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
are you going to bring this up with yours? light ribbing online

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I’m not mad, you’re mad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

will carry a printer 10 miles in exchange for help duping items in Zelda

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 2, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

a good way to cut grinding out of TotK that doesn’t take 3+ hours and will cost 0 gas is to simply not grind, hth

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

MonkeyFit posted:

Lmao. You guys are sad and pathetic. I want to cut out a single aspect of the game I don't enjoy, and you all just start clutching your pearls as if I want cause the downfall of society.

OK let me make this very clear because you either don't get it or are deliberately dodging it: nobody really cares if you're duping or even meeting online strangers. But getting in your real car and spending real gas money to drive a non-trivial distance to meet such a stranger to roll back a game update that removed the dupe glitch that let you upgrade armour so you have to eat fewer tomatoes after a Bokoblin hits you with a stick, is kind of weird.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also there is still a dupe glitch in 1.1.2 all you have to do is go down Tobio's hole and shoot your triple shot arrow at the loading zone.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also there is still a dupe glitch in 1.1.2 all you have to do is go down Tobio's hole and shoot your triple shot arrow at the loading zone.

But I have other plans for Tobio’s hole 👀

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

OK let me make this very clear because you either don't get it or are deliberately dodging it: nobody really cares if you're duping or even meeting online strangers. But getting in your real car and spending real gas money to drive a non-trivial distance to meet such a stranger to roll back a game update that removed the dupe glitch that let you upgrade armour so you have to eat fewer tomatoes after a Bokoblin hits you with a stick, is kind of weird.

100% this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

So how bout that Zelda game, huh? I got blowed up by lightning in it, pretty neat

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Many people are saying it’s good, you’re hearing it more and more

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
When I last I played I was doing a shrine called On Rails or something. Happened to have a minecart shield, did the first two grinds easily, and then was confronted by a rail I could not shield grind. I had to stop playing then because I didn’t want to have to think about what to do.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Actual post, I've been goofing around making flying contraptions, and noticed that if you crash after your batteries run out, fall damage seems to be massively reduced/negated if you're still actively holding onto the control stick? I even built a megafan platform, took it up to the higher sky islands, and rode it unpowered all the way back to the ground. Just bounced a couple times and it was fine. I honestly never noticed that until today, I assumed you had to bail out above a certain height or die along with your aircraft.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Actual post, I've been goofing around making flying contraptions, and noticed that if you crash after your batteries run out, fall damage seems to be massively reduced/negated if you're still actively holding onto the control stick? I even built a megafan platform, took it up to the higher sky islands, and rode it unpowered all the way back to the ground. Just bounced a couple times and it was fine. I honestly never noticed that until today, I assumed you had to bail out above a certain height or die along with your aircraft.

I think you get zero fall damage if you’re still holding on. If you let go you’ll still get zero fall damage as long as your feet are still planted on it but after a hundred or two hundred feet of falling you separate into freefall separately from your vehicle

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's cool. I guess the idea makes sense, it's a simple and friendly way to deal with limited batteries for flying vehicles. I just can't believe it took me this long to notice.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got blowed up by lightning in it

Healthy young Hylian goes out in a storm, gets pumped with massive shot of lightning, doesn’t feel good and changes - GLOOM. Many such cases!

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

When I last I played I was doing a shrine called On Rails or something. Happened to have a minecart shield, did the first two grinds easily, and then was confronted by a rail I could not shield grind. I had to stop playing then because I didn’t want to have to think about what to do.

This was the only one I had to look up so far.

Think monorail.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Spoilers for Goron region for anyone who just started

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7238696303813791018

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Maybe Nintendo will listen to their fans and release a DLC that adds a dupe glitch zonai power.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Augus posted:

this may come as a surprise to some of you mouth-breathing turbo virgins but out here in the real world it is actually extremely normal to drive multiple hours to get a stranger to help you cheat at a video game for children

But children hate this game?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Gambrinus posted:

This was the only one I had to look up so far.

Think monorail.

Is there a chance the tracks could bend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

But children hate this game?

Mummy is pretty scary actually.