Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
How long does it take to play through the campaign? I am in act… 2 or 3 maybe? I’m playing as a necromancer but the game isn’t really grabbing me. I’m thinking about starting over, but if there isn’t a lot of game time between act 3 and the end maybe I’ll just power through. I’m around level 30 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

American McGay posted:

I’m assuming you earn platinum from the battle pass, which doesn’t exist yet. The monetization is really weird currently because everything sucks and is super expensive.

yeah i was ready to spend $$$ on some cosmetics but quickly realized almost all of them suck, except for necros. they have all the cool poo poo.

they've probably realized by now that no one is going to spend a bunch of money on "grounded" costumes. people want cool rear end flashy poo poo. i suspect the cosmetics from season 3 onwards will look pretty different

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

How long does it take to play through the campaign? I am in act… 2 or 3 maybe? I’m playing as a necromancer but the game isn’t really grabbing me. I’m thinking about starting over, but if there isn’t a lot of game time between act 3 and the end maybe I’ll just power through. I’m around level 30 right now.

When I made a Barbarian and did almost nothing but the Campaign until I finished it (just the odd basement or stronghold I happened to be passing by), it took about 30 to 40 hours. There's (act count) 6 acts total, but the 4th is extremely short.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Tokubetsu posted:

Ked Bardu supremacy (I like the kyovashad theme though)

[Bob Seger voice] I'M GOIN' TO KED BARDU...

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

So after about 90 hours of play I finally got a unique bow for my rogue. Wanna show it off a bit but I'm a bit underwhelmed. After the upgrades it as the same DPS as my previous bow.

I'm level 63 and am going to try to capstone for WT4 after I level again. As I understand it I'll be getting much better gear very soon after that. Meh, oh well.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Swilo posted:

they've got those in here too, and they will absolutely ruin your day if you're not paying attention

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

The Little Kielbasa posted:

[Bob Seger voice] I'M GOIN' TO KED BARDU...

note to self: make next barbarian a dude named Bob Seger and give him a giant black beard

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

90 hours to level 63

Man they need to speed this poo poo up for seasons

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

hot sauce pee hole posted:

So after about 90 hours of play I finally got a unique bow for my rogue. Wanna show it off a bit but I'm a bit underwhelmed. After the upgrades it as the same DPS as my previous bow.

I'm level 63 and am going to try to capstone for WT4 after I level again. As I understand it I'll be getting much better gear very soon after that. Meh, oh well.
Neat unique, but it's funny how even a decently rolled crossbow is going to roughly double your damage output compared to that bow just on the back of having over +100% vulnerable damage.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
When they got mecha skins and crazy poo poo like LoL ill be willing to fork over :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Hell Yeah posted:

the idea of doing the altars without a map is fucken punishing sickening

FTFY

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Diephoon posted:

Play thorns barb and you can eat the wasps to kill them

Ikaruga mode? Sign me up!

American McGay posted:

I’m assuming you earn platinum from the battle pass, which doesn’t exist yet. The monetization is really weird currently because everything sucks and is super expensive.

Only from the paid battlepass, though, not the free one.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

OctaMurk posted:

When they got mecha skins and crazy poo poo like LoL ill be willing to fork over :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

The ppl who cried about d3 having a big color palette are waiting in the wings to write the anti union skin treatise on reddit

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

LifeLynx posted:

I rerolled into the bonus crit damage but dang, I don't see replacing this for as long as I'm playing this Rogue. I'm using swords and daggers on a Twisting Blades + Death Trap build, so the damage on the bow itself doesn't matter.

Upgrade those gems to Royal my friend! There should be a recipe at the Jeweler as of level 70.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

How come Druids are only found in England?

Living in the first world is the only way they’ll see 60.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Upgrade those gems to Royal my friend! There should be a recipe at the Jeweler as of level 70.

This is so embarrassing. Everyone who sees the screenshot notices the two slightly inferior gems. Like sharing a screenshot and your battery is at 8%, it's all anyone notices!

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Echo of Lilith is kicking my rear end. I thought my gear is good enough but I don't think I have enough resource generation to do the blizzard strat. The best I've gotten is 75% of her life in phase 1.

Is it easier in a group? Do people even do groups for Lilith?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
How does dps on a weapon apply/not apply depending on your build?

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

trevorreznik posted:

How does dps on a weapon apply/not apply depending on your build?

It applies to everything but thorns damage.

euphronius posted:

90 hours to level 63

I lost my first hardcore character at 70 to pushing nightmare dungeons too hard. My second hardcore character got to 80 in about 60 hours (I already had the altars and renown rewards unlocked) for whatever that’s worth.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Is there no point to fighting that "Kixxarath, Helltide Assassin" boss that periodically shows up in Helltides (and has been, at least for my mid-50s character, a level 72 boss)?

I beat him once with a bunch of other players, and it took several minutes and nothing of interest dropped other than some cinders (but much less than one would have gotten taking the same time to roam the map).

Does anything interesting drop from that guy?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I think they increased the stuff you get from him but if you’re low enough that it takes you more than a few minutes to kill him it’s still not worth it.

I always kill him if he shows up because it doesn’t take me long and maybe he’ll drop something unique for my horse or something.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
They buffed the wandering boss last patch, I tried it once and dropped a couple leggos and a handful of cinders. It seemed fine, but probably not worth if it you can't burn it down quick

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

McCoy Pauley posted:

Is there no point to fighting that "Kixxarath, Helltide Assassin" boss that periodically shows up in Helltides (and has been, at least for my mid-50s character, a level 72 boss)?

I beat him once with a bunch of other players, and it took several minutes and nothing of interest dropped other than some cinders (but much less than one would have gotten taking the same time to roam the map).

Probably some really rare mount or mount armor just like the world bosses. No one probably has it yet though because he takes longer to kill than the world bosses even.

I’ve done a lot of world bosses and legion events and never got one but I know there’s an ashava mount/armor and one for bone dude. I am on like my eighth ghost horse though.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

American McGay posted:

I think they increased the stuff you get from him but if you’re low enough that it takes you more than a few minutes to kill him it’s still not worth it.

Thanks. I've only killed him the once, but nothing about the experience suggested it was a better option than hitting up public events in Helltides and then farming the mystery chest. Particularly since it takes awhile at level 55 to take down that guy.

I guess once I'm his level it could be worth revisiting, but not if there's nothing exciting going on there.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

McCoy Pauley posted:

I've gotten a unique item 2 of the 3 times I've killed him today, so they definitely upped his loot, but he still takes too long

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks. I've only killed him the once, but nothing about the experience suggested it was a better option than hitting up public events in Helltides and then farming the mystery chest. Particularly since it takes awhile at level 55 to take down that guy.

I guess once I'm his level it could be worth revisiting, but not if there's nothing exciting going on there.

yeah he drops, or can drop, a lot of forgotten souls. i skip him on mid level guys but once you build is online it’s worth the 1-1.5 minutes to kill it. ive seen double digit souls before which is nice. i think chests drop like 3-5?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Don't mark your NM keys as junk, even if you intend to salvage them. I was doing that, then did some helltide stuff, sold a couple inventories full of junk rares, and then when I looked at my consumables I discovered right clicking to sell all junk also sells everything marked as junk in the consumables tab. Luckily I had a Whisper almost done and that got me on the key track again.

It's crazy how the right (or wrong) NM dungeon modifiers can make all the difference. I got my rear end handed to me in a dungeon with the lightning dome. Too hard to position when you're constantly keeping track of when the dome is going up. Then I cleared out a dungeon two levels higher than that one, only dying once when I dodged the wrong direction from an exploding fire enemy's death bomb. Certain ones are just auto-salvage.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
lightning dome is weird bc it barely slows me down solo but its a huge pain to do in a group

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

lightning dome is weird bc it barely slows me down solo but its a huge pain to do in a group

What class are you? As a melee rogue it doesn't just slow me down, if I don't pay attention it'll zap me down to near lethal.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
im a barb and it does like 8% of my health or something when im fortified, which is 100% of the time so i just ignore it. same with the obelisk

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

LifeLynx posted:

What class are you? As a melee rogue it doesn't just slow me down, if I don't pay attention it'll zap me down to near lethal.

im necro so i can just wreck mobs from inside it no problem. i havent really played a melee character past level 30 yet

if you could guarantee it only followed one person it would be ok for duos bc blood mist completely negates it and is on a shorter cooldown

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
any dungeon with the butcher-alike or explody mobs i scrap the dome outright because they can pull you out or force a reposition. bears and barbs seem to just be able to c/d through it without much issue though

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Lightning dome, cold enchanted, suppressor, and death pulse are all instant bricks for me. Stormbane's can be a little rough depending on the dungeon so I'll brick that if it's on abandoned mineworks or any other map with spiders since I'm a class without perma-unstoppable. Otherwise it's fine, along with drifting shade. Black Asylum is the only dungeon I won't do, it's just too scary.

Those first four are just so oppressive when they're on a key that it makes it supremely unfun and extremely RIP-y. Not to mention how buggy lightning dome is, just can't take the risk.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
It is kinda funny, I apparently have reached overkill amounts of resource gen because I did a few of the ranged attacks burn resource and literally the only time it's noticeable is when a ring of archers spawns and shoot you all at once. But then you just use one teleport and you're back to spamming. So I could probably get away without that aspect at this point. But reduced cc duration, or weakened duration, or crit damage? Hard pass. Some combos are very good at creating deaths, like ranged slow + explode on death or a dungeon with a lot of lunatics, but they're ok, funny deaths. The giant lightning rock is excellent, really good affix. The dome seems really class dependent, I just completely ignore it and press fire shield. The shade is good, mostly free. Nightmare portals are annoying but reasonable, basically just means a pair of lunatics everytime they spawn.

I'm nearly 100 now though and it's really almost binary whether a dungeon can be completed. If I can kill things before cc wears off I win. If anything breathes on me I pretty much die. Might survive a hit if I have full armor aspect stacks and the enemy is burning, but yeah. Getting actual good gloves would help me push higher and I know I could change paragon around a bit for more actual damage instead of favoring the "telestomp" build, but I'd have the same problem, basically. Don't think I will be likely to play sorc in the season.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009

WarpedLichen posted:

Echo of Lilith is kicking my rear end. I thought my gear is good enough but I don't think I have enough resource generation to do the blizzard strat. The best I've gotten is 75% of her life in phase 1.

Is it easier in a group? Do people even do groups for Lilith?

I just started my attempts this evening. Have gotten phase 2 a few times. Need to farm more resource elixers for a bit. The lack of visibility is messing me up a ton. Did the window'd mode stretch trick and that seemed to help some. Those drat spike waves destroy me. Necros are so slow that they're the toughest mechanic so far. Not to mention that sometimes they spawn incorrectly and are unavoidable.

No clue about the group play. Me and 2 others messed around there for a few attempts after doing NM runs, and it seemed like her HP pool was super high. But it was my 1st time in there and had no clue what was going on, and like I said we only did it for a few.

almost1337
Jun 14, 2013

The male likpatons turn around the nucleus formed of female boobons and neutral bolsterons

Ionicpsycho posted:

Aiming it sure sucks on console though.

Yeah, I just specced into trampleslide and holy balls does the auto targeting gently caress me sometimes

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

euphronius posted:

90 hours to level 63

be careful what u ask for, ur at the end of the content as is

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
They already said there are XP boosts on the free (and therefore premium) battle pass. You need to reach a certain level on your character *and* applicable level on the BP to unlock it, so you can't pay for BP level skips at character level 1 and get all the XP boosts on day one of the season.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a way to see how many hours you played in the game? Like /time in wow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I really don't like the idea of XP boosts, means they will have regular xp gain too slow to encourage boost use.