Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DarkstarIV posted:

Pretend to be shocked but (potential SD spoiler for tonight):

All the scoopsters in the know are apparently reporting Charlotte is currently penciled in to beat Asuka for the title tonight

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of Charlotte, this company is never going to loving learn, per PWInsider:

PWInsider Elite is reporting that WWE is thinking of replacing Zelina Vega with Charlotte Flair in the Women's MITB match. Because of course they are, Charlotte shits up the joint and then gets rewarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

1glitch0 posted:

This Casual Fan was unaware they were in Europe!

The replay is up now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It was a pretty decent show.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The Khans will buy Wembley to prevent WWE running there.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Quick check did either of these things happen

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

Quick check did either of these things happen

Yes

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

good. otherwise it might look weird.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
people with insane CDS stay winning

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

projecthalaxy posted:

good. otherwise it might look weird.

It still does

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Coaaab posted:

psp has become the most pro-aew, anti-wwe forum on the internet, where now the most vociferous arguments occur when debating which is best in aew

It's why the Best/Worst thread is so weird. WWE has had some legitimately good matches, but no one watches it on here, so that thread is basically a list of AEW matches and then the two joshi superfans who exclusively watch that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nothing's stopping people from posting matches worth watching in that thread, and the occasional wwe match does end up in there positively. it's just not a worthwhile product to follow all of every single week with how much other good wrestling is happening constantly

Radius Fracture
Sep 22, 2008

The suspect has trouble with lasting relationships and is possibly a high-functioning alcoholic
If you’re gonna have Priest win the briefcase, why not put the belt on Balor?That would actually be a story.
Now Balor gets to lose a feud to Priest over nothing and the Judgement Day ends on a fart.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

It's why the Best/Worst thread is so weird. WWE has had some legitimately good matches, but no one watches it on here, so that thread is basically a list of AEW matches and then the two joshi superfans who exclusively watch that.

Yeah, WWE has good matches. Most of Gunther's matches this year have been great and guy absolutely is up there for one of the best wrestlers working for either company.

talk about a small package!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Watching the men's MitB match. Kevin Dunn is an Art Criminal, he should be banned from this business for life (ignoring all the other terrible things about him.)

I could be enjoying this! But every time two men start trading forearms I have to see it from 19 different angles in quick succession.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The problem is that the WWE house style is just so dull and boring and there's usually only a handful of people who ever get to work outside of it, like Cody Rhodes or Walter and Dragonov

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

The bloodline tag match looks pretty good, maybe I’ll watch it

It was really really boring until the last five mins if I’m being honest.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

emjayo posted:

wrestlemania at craven cottage gonna be huge yeah!!!

I don’t think qops house has enough room

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1675226241287487488?t=NBA8-XOrgS2Gu9hJ93yPpQ&s=19

Ahem, I'm sure that the safety police will have plenty to say about this disgusting bump.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The WWE sometimes does have good matches but it's not worth sitting through the sevens hours of content they put out every week trying to find it (Raw + Smackdown + NXT + Main Event) when maybe 15~20ish minutes of that time is worth it, AT BEST.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’ve seen Seth’s cock, balls, etc more times than I can count now. The Iowan plagues me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fish Of Doom posted:

So post them in the thread! The more the merrier

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1675226241287487488?t=NBA8-XOrgS2Gu9hJ93yPpQ&s=19

Ahem, I'm sure that the safety police will have plenty to say about this disgusting bump.

If anything I think it should have been even more dangerous for Logan.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why are those ring ropes so loose

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Fish Of Doom posted:

I don't think you've gotten the memo. Wrestling isn't about the matches, it's about the storytelling. That's why all those other companies are irrelevant and lovely (lmao could you imagine watching a promotion from another country where the wrestlers are women??? loving weirdos) and WWE is pure quality

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Only perverts like Kenny Olivier enjoy joshi puroresu

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Walter vs Sheamus and the triple threat with Drew McYntire were both extremely good matches, seek them out

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this kid is nuts posted:

I don't think you've gotten the memo. Wrestling isn't about the matches, it's about the storytelling. That's why all those other companies are irrelevant and lovely (lmao could you imagine watching a promotion from another country where the wrestlers are women??? loving weirdos) and WWE is pure quality

This!!!!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don’t think he mentioned Wembley

Mania at Twickenham then?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Women's MITB was real good. Show was OK on the whole.

Also I'm not sure how much juice that Charlotte unrecognizably replacing Zelina Vega rumor had given how many planned spots the latter was involved with

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was just a case of CDS

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

D.N. Nation posted:

Women's MITB was real good.

The finish was incredible. One of the best ladder match finishes I can remember.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Testekill posted:

What if we do that RoH spot that broke Dante Martins leg but die instead

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Testekill posted:

I'm sure they'll make this AEW's fault.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

What if we do that RoH spot that broke Dante Martins leg but die instead

I didn't even think of it in this context and YIKES

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That spot is so loving terrifying because of how much those ropes are shaking. Those guys never had anywhere near solid footing before doing that move.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's a miracle Ricochet even had enough power to do that with one leg based on already shaky ropes. Crazy that they even made it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYiypp6WaY

that spot makes me think ricochet got scammed by logan paul

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Kennel posted:

The Khans will buy Wembley to prevent WWE running there.

They’ve tried to buy it before, so I wouldn’t rule it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

John Cena made a shocking return to WWE in London at WWE Money in the Bank. As was the case with several things on the show, WWE did very well at keeping it a secret, as it was kept very close to the vest, and almost no one knew that Cena would be there. He championed the idea of doing WrestleMania in London, something that Triple H didn’t seem prepared to follow up on after the show. We’ve learned a little bit more why.

WrestleMania is set for Philadelphia in 2024, and WWE is in the late stages of finalizing the 2025 WrestleMania city, which we’ve heard to be a city in the United States. The earliest a WrestleMania could hit London is 2026 unless something drastic happens, and WWE sources told us they don’t find it likely on the horizon. However, there was a survey taker near media day this week asking about what cities in the UK would be most convenient for a HYPOTHETICAL Royal Rumble or Summerslam in the area. Among those cities listed were London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow. WrestleMania was not mentioned on that survey.

As of now, WWE higher ups tell Fightful that Cena was only set for this show and didn’t have upcoming programs planned. Though that can always change if his schedule frees up. WWE were very happy with how things went for his appearance.