Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bastard Tetris posted:

In my neighborhood short term rentals require a permit, so this slumlord just stole the identity of his renters to get like 300 permits to convert all his rentals into AirBnBs

I assume they are now in jail since you know about this happening and reported it?
edit: should have read the last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

2100 sq. ft. shack tho

my brother went to look at this house and as far as he can tell they're including the basement, the garage, and the outbuilding in this figure

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’ve been driving into Denver for a while now passing this development where they took a parcel of ag land and plopped down as many houses as they could fit and plop a big children’s hospital down right next to it all

and I’ve been watching the sign by the interstate that reads “Homes available from the low $400s” change to 500s change to 700s

the other day I decided to go home along the country roads that run parallel to I25, and so got off the interstate where this neighborhood is to begin my journey.

I turned into the richest part of it, which is full of houses that back onto a golf course and a sign that says “No thru traffic local deliveries only” and started driving through it to get out the top end.

the whole time it smells like garbage

I get out the north end of the neighborhood and up a really tall hill which overlooks it all and some of the houses back right up to

and it’s a landfill for the northern metro area

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

I’ve

I’ve

I

I

I

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

glad you’re remembering the things you’ve be told. keep it up and hopefully it helps all of us in time.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

i am harry posted:

I’ve been driving into Denver for a while now passing this development where they took a parcel of ag land and plopped down as many houses as they could fit and plop a big children’s hospital down right next to it all

and I’ve been watching the sign by the interstate that reads “Homes available from the low $400s” change to 500s change to 700s

the other day I decided to go home along the country roads that run parallel to I25, and so got off the interstate where this neighborhood is to begin my journey.

I turned into the richest part of it, which is full of houses that back onto a golf course and a sign that says “No thru traffic local deliveries only” and started driving through it to get out the top end.

the whole time it smells like garbage

I get out the north end of the neighborhood and up a really tall hill which overlooks it all and some of the houses back right up to

love my landfill adjacent housing

benzene comes free for the kiddos

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

here’s the view

it’s notable that the pin for the Colorado national golf club is viewable on the map apps by default but the pin for the front range landfill doesn’t show at all unless you zoom right down into it and click

i am harry has issued a correction as of 05:59 on Jul 2, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

my brother went to look at this house and as far as he can tell they're including the basement, the garage, and the outbuilding in this figure

do you miss renting?

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

wow do housing developments really do that big "shared mailbox pillar with key" thing that apartment complexes have? I thought part of owning a house in pitsburg was having your own bespoke mailbox that you can decorate like an andy warhol painting

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

palindrome posted:

wow do housing developments really do that big "shared mailbox pillar with key" thing that apartment complexes have? I thought part of owning a house in pitsburg was having your own bespoke mailbox that you can decorate like an andy warhol painting

yea unless you pay the post office a bunch of money you are getting a MBU

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

usps posted:

This unit is a centralized unit of individually locked compartments for the delivery and collection of mail referred to as a Cluster Box Unit (CBU) Cluster Box units or “community mailboxes' offer the greatest amount of fuel savings and carbon emission reductions because carriers can deliver mail to multiple customers ...

Huh, well I never. Homeowners can't even get a package on their porch, gotta get that key to unlock delivery box #5. Maybe the nice developments have an Amazon locker thing, or at least have one at the community center (golf course).

e: (CBU) communist business unit

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

palindrome posted:

Huh, well I never. Homeowners can't even get a package on their porch, gotta get that key to unlock delivery box #5. Maybe the nice developments have an Amazon locker thing, or at least have one at the community center (golf course).

e: (CBU) communist business unit

The USPS is a commie plot to do what now? Well, I NEVER! The Senator with hear about this!

Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

do you miss renting?

Absolutely not

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

glad you’re remembering the things you’ve be told. keep it up and hopefully it helps all of us in time.

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/documentaries/owned-a-tale-of-two-americas/

Watch this and check out the prices on the signs at around an hour, mid $200s in Vegas in 2009. lol

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

palindrome posted:

Shared mailboxes are a good thing and a lot of places require them by law or code even where lots are big. Outside of Austin Texas you can buy a 1.5M house on a big lot in an exurb but you're going to have to walk or drive a quarter mile to get to your mailbox. Individual mailboxes aren't allowed.

Nashville hosed up so much, we have individual mailboxes even where we shouldn't and the postal carriers drive down the sidewalk because of it. A long row of individual mailboxes 20 feet apart, and our delivery sucks because they haven't re-adjusted postal routes as the neighborhood triples in density.

Apr 7, 2003

Mail carriers deliver on foot here, has Nashville considered that

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

They do that here too, people around here even shovel a path through the snow in the winter so the mail carriers don't have to walk out to the street and back between every house

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

No.

Also they ran out of running Grumman LLVs so most of the mail carriers in my neighborhood drive Mercedes. On the sidewalk.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

Fun fact: they rip off the Mercedes badges and put on a big post office eagle so that idiots don't think the post office is wasting money on luxury cars:

https://jalopnik.com/whats-the-real-reason-behind-the-post-office-removing-m-1845303888

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Too dang hot in the summer

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

what the hell am I looking at?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Taken together you have a custom-built shooting tunnel for someone with more money than sense and a tiny home for someone with more money than sense. Conclusion, none of us have enough cents or understanding.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

what the hell am I looking at?

tfw you wanna be a big man but it's raining outside

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

i am harry posted:

It's fine, so many people can't smell anymore due to having long covid that they won't even notice

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

RE: mailboxes: I just moved back to my childhood home which was built in the 1970s and I noticed my neighborhood switched from the old school mailboxes to the multi box units. It's because of mail theft, the old mailboxes didn't have locks on them.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

post the listing

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

post the listing

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15490-Mountain-View-Cir-Broomfield-CO-80023/122013155_zpid/

I filtered by houses with a minimum of 7mil and also found this one, the 3d tour is especially insane because it looks like a whole level in an rpg game, or like four houses just stuck together:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1880-Mallard-Dr-Broomfield-CO-80020/94651329_zpid/?mmlb=p,0

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

I filtered by houses with a minimum of 7mil and also found this one, the 3d tour is especially insane because it looks like a whole level in an rpg game, or like four houses just stuck together:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1880-Mallard-Dr-Broomfield-CO-80020/94651329_zpid/?mmlb=p,0

oh my god

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

what a horrific house

it has what i call 'tile cancer,' the tilework that is little rectangles of random tile serving as an "accent." it's just scraps that tile manufactures bundle in sheets and have successfully marketed. always ugly. easy way for a contractor to fill space

even in a 7 million dollar home

e: lol listed for a million dollars more a year ago

JAY ZERO SUM GAME has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Jul 2, 2023

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Its a candy-wall mansion. Basically some lonely sad rich person thought hard about what rich people should like, then built it in the middle of nowhere. Wine room with climate control, fitness room looking out over the suburban nothingness, kitchen that's somehow too big and too small at the same time. Movie theater used twice.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

I think you can find Vincent here, and there's a Sepiroth cut scene in the basement? Been a while since I played it

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Remember to save your game in case you miss some of the skippable loot

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Toss a mattress in the gunhole, and that's another bedroom.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I just need some quiet time to decompress by myself. I’ll be lying in the gun tube, just ring the bell on the outside of the vault door if you need anything

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

decompress

slap some titanium caps on that baby and take her to the north atlantic

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i feel like having any sort of indoor range in your house is just asking for lead contamination

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

might be a symptom of it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Failson posted:

Toss a mattress in the gunhole, and that's another bedroom.

for billionaires