Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Trast posted:

Is it a new thing for these insiders to directly attribute the player agents in their tweets announcing deals?

"I'm not feeding you any more info until you start including WHO got my guy 30 mil."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

OH WORD SON posted:

"I'm not feeding you any more info until you start including WHO got my guy 30 mil."

You can’t really buy better advertising as agent. You want every high school and college player to recognize your name. LeBron spent 20 years dropping Rich Paul’s name every chance he gets.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sir this is a Wendy’s

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The real crime is going to a Starbucks when you are in Portland.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Lifespan posted:

That wasn't a Starbucks was it? That person on the other end was far too engaged.

My favorite part is where he's thinking there is something they can do to get him to stay without realizing that "The Blazers" are why he's leaving in the first place and he's been basically telegraphing this for what, 5 solid years now?

"It'd be nice to be more competitive"
"I'd like to maybe see more playmakers in Portland"
"I'm not getting younger and while I'm loyal, maybe we can make some changes"
"IS THIS THING ON?"

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 2, 2023

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

TheKevman posted:

That wasn't a Starbucks was it? That person on the other end was far too engaged.

My favorite part is where he's thinking there is something they can do to get him to stay without realizing that "The Blazers" are why he's leaving in the first place and he's been basically telegraphing this for what, 5 solid years now?

"It'd be nice to be more competitive"
"I'd like to maybe see more playmakers in Portland"
"I'm not getting younger and while I'm loyal, maybe we can make some changes"
"IS THIS THING ON?"

It's Black Rock coffee bar which is a Starbucks knock off

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Hey, stopping by one of their picket lines is fun. They have the most unionized locations iirc. (But yeah thats not a Starbucks, looks like a local chain)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

They tried to get their names added to hype them up but to me it's like, it took 2 of you assholes to negotiate a Clarkson extension with Danny? Why?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

ex post facho posted:

humbly submitting Aaron Gordon as one of the better SF defenders since he actually learned how to be relatively good at it last year

I was thinking this when I woke up today. It wasn't a comprehensive list, just a list of guys who play 3 who are good at legit defense against star wings when they get their gumption up

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1675539154849918976?s=46&t=hEwxRETMzWuhqn04V0eDjQ

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

It looks like Houston may be trying to sign or acquire someone else before completing the brooks deal - that is why Brooks is a S&T and they're moving these various spare parts, so they can use the cap space for some other acquisition rather than just brooks - possibly around 15mil to play with. The ATL and Mills trade are connected to this, it might be some weird giant 4 team S&T. Which conceptually cool, but I have basically no idea who is available and makes sense to sign with that space.

I feel a bit better about the moves after digesting, I'd still like full confirmation that FVV is 2 years and a TO but several generally reliable rockets beat writers are saying the FO says it is. My biggest complain is the 4th year on Brooks. That being said its not a giant contract so if need be its movable, if at a cost...which isn't ideal but isn't a backbreaker or anything.

and speaking of...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1675564454145060864

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

droppingdimes20 will be proven victorious

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is droppingdimes20 Damian Lillard?

That's his famous line from his state farm rap where he talks about dropping dimes on his teddy bear

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

This is so random I don't understand lol welcome to okc Patty

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1675569503466340352

"As @IanBegley noted&we've corroborated, Nets were contacted regarding Herro (& have interest) as part of a 3-team Heat/Blazers/Nets permutation to get Lillard to Miami. As @BobbyMarks42 noted, that would work with Simmons, 5 1sts to Blazers. But Portland obviously could seek more"

Ben Simmons about to have an MVP season playing in the pressure free Portland environment

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/usabjnt/status/1675558353802788865

Smh

:911:

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1675569503466340352

"As @IanBegley noted&we've corroborated, Nets were contacted regarding Herro (& have interest) as part of a 3-team Heat/Blazers/Nets permutation to get Lillard to Miami. As @BobbyMarks42 noted, that would work with Simmons, 5 1sts to Blazers. But Portland obviously could seek more"

Ben Simmons about to have an MVP season playing in the pressure free Portland environment

That paint would be hilarious clogged with Simmons, Sharpe and Scoot.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dame keeps getting more likeable

quote:

Though Lillard reportedly doesn’t want to play for the Celtics, they could offer up to three firsts and one swap with Malcolm Brogdon, Robert Williams, Payton Pritchard, Luke Kornet, and Justin Champagnie.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is droppingdimes20 Damian Lillard?

That's his famous line from his state farm rap where he talks about dropping dimes on his teddy bear

A commercial featuring the Miami Heat’s Kevin Love…

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Brogeoisie posted:

It's Black Rock coffee bar which is a Starbucks knock off

Am I wrong or is MAGA Starbucks the brand they are going for? I have five coffee shops within a mile of my home so I have yet to try them out yet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rick posted:

Am I wrong or is MAGA Starbucks the brand they are going for? I have five coffee shops within a mile of my home so I have yet to try them out yet.

that's black rifle coffee, which almost sort of sponsered Kyle Rittenhouse

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

That's Black Rifle Coffee that you are thinking of.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Rick posted:

Oh man I didn't know that, never really thought about it but would explain why their branding was so similar to Black Rifle coffee (which is definitely MAGA, Kyle Rittenhouse sponsor)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Brogeoisie posted:

Oh man I didn't know that, never really thought about it but would explain why their branding was so similar to Black Rifle coffee (which is definitely MAGA, Kyle Rittenhouse sponsor)

They are not MAGA. They are a Pac NW chain that's just started expanding nationally. They have been around for 15 years, long before MAGA poo poo kicked off.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dynamite Dog posted:

A commercial featuring the Miami Heat’s Kevin Love…

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Snow boarding Gordon becoming a snow bird

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1675584231735537665

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Suns building an actual rotation is pissing me off. Not fair

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PauloAlvesNBA/status/1675574859932246016

Lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1675585165056245762

Love this reporting meta so much

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I get Brook not wanting to go to bball purgatory or whatever it is houston is building

So severely beating the mother of his children cost him roughly 26m dollars this year. I don't know how much he lost last year. That's a pretty big punishment

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

They are not MAGA. They are a Pac NW chain that's just started expanding nationally. They have been around for 15 years, long before MAGA poo poo kicked off.

Maybe they should have done some research before they went national with a name that evokes Blackwater the MAGA-owned mercenary contractor force or BlackRock the investment group buying up single family homes or Black Rifle Coffee the MAGA Rittenhouse brand. I've seen them here in Texas and never considered setting foot inside one of them because I assumed they were playing on the culture war and being the non-woke Starbucks.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

duodenum posted:

Maybe they should have done some research before they went national with a name that evokes Blackwater the MAGA-owned mercenary contractor force or BlackRock the investment group buying up single family homes or Black Rifle Coffee the MAGA Rittenhouse brand. I've seen them here in Texas and never considered setting foot inside one of them because I assumed they were playing on the culture war and being the non-woke Starbucks.

Nah they're a little coffee cart that makes extremely caffeinated and extremely sugary drinks that aren't terribly good. So don't step into them for that reason. Afaik they're supportive of LGBTQ stuff

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

temple posted:

CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul

See I cant support Lebron James or his agent, CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul, because klutch reminds me of KKK terms swapping c's for k's much like the bloods street gang and both of these are very bad groups whom I don't support

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1675570288757448704?s=46&t=OFA4UQf60BshevCYC1J1Uw

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Do it Dame. Embrace the hate. Become the new villain in Miami

https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/1675585431180832769

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This got deleted, was there a contract out there for Bridges?

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Lockback posted:

Said he took the QO

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Dejan Bimble posted:

See I cant support Lebron James or his agent, CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul, because klutch reminds me of KKK terms swapping c's for k's much like the bloods street gang and both of these are very bad groups whom I don't support
CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul (of Klutch Sports, CEO) disavows any similarities or unintentional references to hate groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

It was a bunch of words saying how rich Paul represented RTB MB and how he is signing the qualifying offer and will be a UFA next year.